sleep

Dealing with meaningless

8 posts in this topic

Pretty much everything about my life and personal experience feels meaningless/pointless. From the words and feelings I show other people to the things I study and do for work, everything I fill my time with. It just feels like I'm filling the emptyness with more emptyness but of course, you can't fill an empty space with just more empty space. I took 3 tabs of LSD throughout the past 2 weeks and I realized things about suffering and how most of it is an illusion, but the emptyness seems to have become greater. I'm not necessarily in emotional pain, I'm just really bored but I can't think of anything that's worth doing besides more drugs, though I think I should limit myself in this regard because I can see myself becoming an addict in the future if I don't limit myself. Thanks for any advice. 

Meaning in life must be created by setting interesting goals for yourself.

Find things you love and focus on them.

There is no such thing as objective meaning. Meaning is whatever you make of it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meaning in life must be created by setting interesting goals for yourself.

Find things you love and focus on them.

There is no such thing as objective meaning. Meaning is whatever you make of it.

I understand that, but every time I try something new I get bored of it within 2 days. In 21 years of my life I've never been able to find anything I truly enjoyed. I honestly believe there's really nothing out there for me, because I've tried a fair amount of things. Right now I'm just looking for ways to cope with meaninglessness rather than trying to find something that's probably not there. 

Edited by sleep

You gotta discipline yourself to develop a work ethic. Life is never going to be as fun and exciting as a video game or blockbuster movie. Life is challenging and boring most of the time.

You are taking the beauty and magic of life for granted. Stop looking for ways to cope and start falling in love with life. You have to be blind not to see the beauty all around you. Take a psychedelic and wake the fuck up.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop looking for ways to cope and start falling in love with life.

It can be so painful at times. How does one not resort to coping with all that pain?

When you are doing things you love the pain becomes less relevant.

Do you have BPD? Try IFS therapy and the finders course, or the mind illuminated and happiness beyond thought by Gary Weber.

Edited by Raze

You won't ever find anything in life that brings you joy and meaning. For joy and meaning are what you bring to life.

"Where the meaning comes from is the state of being that you bring to what you do. The quality with which we show up is what makes anything feel meaningful and beautiful and significant." - Adyashanti

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins