Bazooka Jesus

Had a lucid dream this morning...

3 posts in this topic

Around eight o' clock, I woke up. Still half asleep and not in a hurry to get up, I rolled around, drew the blanket over my head and submerged into the present moment. Observed the breath, the bodily sensations, the usual colorful parade of neurotic morning thoughts. After a while, I drifted off again and found myself in another place.

I was taking an elevator to one of the upper floors inside an office building which, for the span of one miserable week during the summer of 2021, used to be my workplace. After getting out of the elevator, I decided that I need to use a restroom (this is a recurring scenario: Walking through a big building full of staircases and corridors, looking for the loo. Not sure what that means, but Sigmund Freud would probably have had a field day with this sort of thing.) - Well, lo and behold, there was a corridor which, sure enough, led to a staircase... and as soon as I got there, the realisation hit me that I am in fact dreaming all of this. "Huh", I thought, "now that's funny... this should be interesting."

So I walked up the first flight of stairs, and the second one; as I arrived at the bottom of the third one, the thought ocurred "let's see, maybe I can just jump right to the top" - and voilá, there I was flying upwards in slow mo, taking ten steps at once. However, as I flew over those steps, the seemingly solid dream reality around me all of a sudden got incredibly shaky and started to disintegrate in a rather alarming way; so when I landed at the top of the staircase, I decided to not try any more of these flashy Neo-messing-with-the-Matrix type stunts and do the rest of the dream in plain old Thomas A. Anderson mode instead. Nice and easy, one step at a time. No need to get cocky.

Leaving the staircase behind me, I finally reached the promised land of restrooms. Not one restroom, but a whole succession of them. To my pleasant surprise, the last and biggest one had a shower too. "Sweet", I thought. "Why the hell not?" - So I took off my clothes.

I looked down my naked body in awe, touching my skin. Then looked at the wall in front of me. I put both of my hands on it, feeling every little crack of its slightly weathered surface. It all felt completely real, as real as it gets, just as real as these keys that my fingers are touching now as I type this - and yet I was one hundred percent aware of the fact that I am dreaming all of it...

...and bam, I was back in my bed, tucked into my blanket. Guess I got too exited. -_-

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus I have lucid dreams often. They certainly lend credibility to the idea that the mind can generate realities that are indistinguishable from our waking world. Whether that means my waking reality is solely only a creation of my mind, I'm not certain of. It's possible waking reality could be a shared dream while our sleeping dreams are solely a creation of our mind. 

@Matthew85  Interesting... this was my first "full on" interactive lucid dream. I had one last year where I stood on a rooftop watching other people when suddenly I realized that I am dreaming and woke up instantly. Nothing more than a short little peek. Guess I am finally upgrading, heh.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?