ThePoint

Leo, do you still agree with what you said about health problems in this video?

14 posts in this topic

Excerpt from the video "Low Quality vs High Quality Consciousness" (timestamp, 5:58-6:15)

What I'm going to claim is a pretty radical claim.

It's that accurate perception is the key to living a good life, and that in fact it will solve every single problem in your life if you get an accurate enough perception of reality, and that every single problem you have in your life ultimately comes from inaccurate perceptions of reality and nothing else.

It all boils down to this so even stuff like relationship problems, family problems, health problems, business problems, money problems - these all boil down to inaccurate perceptions of reality. This is huge.

@Leo Gura

Do you still think that health problems boil down to inaccurate perceptions of reality?

I've been battling health problems and have made little to no progress in healing myself. Is this due to an inaccurate perception of reality?

Perhaps it would be great if it is, because then I would have something to improve on. I am lost on what else to do to cure my health problems.

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

There seems to be three types of illness/distortions in our lives. 

1. The once that are the expression of inaccurate perception just as Leo described. We can heal them by changing our perspective. 

2. Incarnational choices that are programmed challenges for our life. For some cancer will be point 1. and for some it will be point 2.

3. Natural process of leaving this illusion when your purpose is done. For example cancer of Ramana Maharshi. 

More on that distinctions here:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

8 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Do you still think that health problems boil down to inaccurate perceptions of reality?

Your mind can rationalize any idea. 

The only thing that can't be denied is how you feel. 

If you feel pain, it is pain. If you feel love, it is love.

Can you love the pain?

5 hours ago, ThePoint said:

Excerpt from the video "Low Quality vs High Quality Consciousness" (timestamp, 5:58-6:15)

@Leo Gura

I've been battling health problems and have made little to no progress in healing myself. Is this due to an inaccurate perception of reality?

Perhaps it would be great if it is, because then I would have something to improve on. I am lost on what else to do to cure my health problems.

It's true up to a point, from a certain POV.

Like, if science truly had a full picture of how cancer works, they could cure it. But they don't have a clear perception of that yet.

But just because that's true does not mean that if you get cancer than you can cure yourself.

It's also true that many people create health problems for themselves by improperly feeding and treating their body, and that's because they don't have an accurate perception of what their toxic behavior will do to their bodies. Think of people who ruin their health through smoking, drinking, or overeating.

Sometimes though you can have chronic health problems which simply have no available cure.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Like, if science truly had a full picture of how cancer works, they could cure it. But they don't have a clear perception of that yet.

That's not necessarily true. Understanding how a problem works doesn't guarantee a solution. For example, scientists pretty much have had a full picture of how fusion works for, but they can't create an effective fusion reactor.

26 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

That's not necessarily true. Understanding how a problem works doesn't guarantee a solution. For example, scientists pretty much have had a full picture of how fusion works for, but they can't create an effective fusion reactor.

Of course there are certain physical and technological limits.

Nothing guarantees that humans should be able to sustain a fusion reactor. That's a very entitled expectation.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course there are certain physical and technological limits.

Nothing guarantees that humans should be able to sustain a fusion reactor. That's a very entitled expectation.

and in the same way, nothing guarantees a cure for cancer

Yup.

Although but are likely in the near future.

It seems that you guys are purposely trying to find someting you could fight about always. That message is insanely simple if you don't shift to argumentation gear just for the sake of being in the fight. Basically the more conscious you are the better decisions you start to make and the better outcomes you usually have. End of the drama. Breathe and be happy. We're on the same side, my friends :).

With love -joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

21 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

2. Incarnational choices that are programmed challenges for our life. For some cancer will be point 1. and for some it will be point 2.

@Arthogaan Can you elaborate on this? How can cancer be point 1? Isn't it a physical disease?

Also, if these are programmed challenges for our life, what are the implications on our day to day, practical life? Does it make our life any better to know that they are programmed challenges?

21 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Your mind can rationalize any idea. 

The only thing that can't be denied is how you feel. 

If you feel pain, it is pain. If you feel love, it is love.

Can you love the pain?

@JosephKnecht Not really. How do I love the pain?

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's also true that many people create health problems for themselves by improperly feeding and treating their body, and that's because they don't have an accurate perception of what their toxic behavior will do to their bodies. Think of people who ruin their health through smoking, drinking, or overeating.

How would they be able to have an accurate perception of what their toxic behavior is doing to their bodies? Is the only way to have an accurate perception simply just awareness (your Awareness Alone is Curative video)?

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sometimes though you can have chronic health problems which simply have no available cure.

@Leo Gura But how would you know this is the case?

Let's say it is the case - what then? Do you just accept that you will probably be miserable and dead inside for the rest of your life?

There's no way I am living with these health conditions for the rest of my life. If I know for a fact that I will be stuck with them for the rest of my life than I'd much rather die. I'm not really living life I'm just surviving it, so why go through all that effort if all my efforts won't go anywhere.

There are still things I haven't tried yet which is what is keeping me going.

6 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

It seems that you guys are purposely trying to find someting you could fight about always. That message is insanely simple if you don't shift to argumentation gear just for the sake of being in the fight. Basically the more conscious you are the better decisions you start to make and the better outcomes you usually have. End of the drama. Breathe and be happy. We're on the same side, my friends :).

With love -joNi-

@Kksd74628

Who are you talking to?

I don't see anyone trying to find something to fight about.

@ThePoint

Maybe to the user "spiritual memes", I don't even know anymore. I read many threads and came to that overall conclusion. Thing I just would want people to understand is that we should learn to read between the lines what the person is trying to say or we fight perspective against another one.

Who told you that "others" are real?

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@Arthogaan Can you elaborate on this? How can cancer be point 1? Isn't it a physical disease?

Also, if these are programmed challenges for our life, what are the implications on our day to day, practical life? Does it make our life any better to know that they are programmed challenges?

I believe a physical disease is an effect of repressed emotiona such as anger or unworthiness. And we can heal them by changing our perspective.

For those that are programmed and we can't heal them it just helps to know that it is part of ones Challenge for this life and somehow it is unique lesson for the creator and you can accept that.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.