Adilbek

Why am I afraid of knowing that I am God?

16 posts in this topic

Leo, why am I afraid of knowing that I am God and actively trying to avoid remembering that? My guess is that knowing that I am God means I can’t bullshit myself anymore and I enjoy being ignorant. Also knowledge is lonely, knowing that I made all this up is just so lonely and sad 

Edited by Adilbek

Cause God is death.

But there's actually nothing to fear and nothing sad about it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What is is already the case.

What changes is your consciousness in the matter.

Ignorant happiness vs conscious perception. In the latter, you see reality as it already is and has always been. So why be afraid?

God is Unborn, so can't die.

Edited by UnbornTao

4 hours ago, Adilbek said:

Leo, why am I afraid of knowing that I am God and actively trying to avoid remembering that?

You (God) are not afraid of knowing yourself! The afraidness is just an obsticle in the prosess. It arises not because God wants to know itself but because that what you have mistaken yourself to be must accept that it is not what you are.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Cause God is death.

But there's actually nothing to fear and nothing sad about it.

I thought death is imaginary ?

38 minutes ago, bambi said:

I thought death is imaginary ?

It is. But the ego doesn't know that so it is afraid.

The finite fears the infinite because it has attached itself to finitude.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe the sense of "other-ness" being lost, it's okay to grieve about that, but also, welcoming a new perspective to take place - that everyone is you pretending not to be you.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

5 minutes ago, puporing said:

Maybe the sense of "other-ness" being lost, it's okay to grieve about that, but also, welcoming a new perspective to take place - that everyone is you pretending not to be you.

How are they "pretending"? Surely it goes deeper than pretending.. doesn't everyone legitimately believe they have a self?

And by the way l, when I first realized for real that God is One, I pretty much fainted. 

Edited by Godishere

5 minutes ago, Godishere said:

How are they "pretending"? Surely it goes deeper than pretending.. doesn't everyone legitimately believe they have a self? 

Deep down there is a knowing of the true self but is not in the conscious, it's like very deeply buried, that's why you can remember on something like psychedelics.

"Forgetting" also works.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

@puporing ahhh I see, yeah that actually makes sense in my experience. Have you found a threshold where you can no longer "forget". Often termed enlightenment I think, but also used mistakenly for awakening or glimpses/insight.

I seem to consciously/or maybe unconsciously forget after awakening. Then the next thing I know, I'm chasing it again ?

19 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@puporing ahhh I see, yeah that actually makes sense in my experience. Have you found a threshold where you can no longer "forget". Often termed enlightenment I think, but also used mistakenly for awakening or glimpses/insight.

I seem to consciously/or maybe unconsciously forget after awakening. Then the next thing I know, I'm chasing it again ?

The challenge might be, you're still in this finite form and often have to face "others", and 99.99% of the people you interact with will project the seperation on you, and you're forced to act the same. In most situations it's probably not opportune to talk about ego-death and God with someone but sometimes you can't help but bring it up too and that's all okay and up to you how much to share. I guess my take on that is to set yourself up in a situation where you have more "alone time" for tripping and contemplating. And when you say threshold, it's just a matter of how much you spend time contemplating about nature of reality/tripping vs doing survival stuff. I pretty much do it whenever I'm not doing survival stuff.  And it's not like you totally forget when engaged with survival stuff, but it is a temporary distraction.

It's by design, to embrace both the finite and infinite ;).

Edited by puporing

35 minutes ago, Godishere said:

And by the way l, when I first realized for real that God is One, I pretty much fainted. 

Made me chuckle so much x) all with your profile picture

thank you

Probably because your mind doesn't want to believe in made up fabricated bullshit like God.

Thank "God"...

Imagine a person taking the most pristine pane of glass that is reality (turn off your damn screen. See how pristine and unmuddied reality around you is) and forcing contaminants into it. Oh here's this pristine world but there's also God. Oh here's this pristine world but there's also this character me/God intermingled with it. Oh here's this world but it's made OF this character or w.e.

Not that it can be contaminated because all of these bullshit completely false delusional drug-addled beliefs are equally appearing. EQUALLY a part of the pristine pane of glass as the clear blue sky which doesn't itself have notions of weird "consciousness" figures in it, or making it, etc... So it may be the human ego interpretation of it. But for sure the more baggage you throw out the more clear it seems.

You are surely in a better spot than 90% of alleged gurus.

because you are attached to your life, your body, your family, to everything that is in your mind, and you feel terror to let go of all that and became absolute nothingness. But you already are and all that things in your mind are just imagination, so better let everything go and realize the reality