Carl-Richard

What is Leo's main shtick really about? Psychonautics vs. Spirituality

426 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Awakening is not a binary thing. There are many awake states of consciousness with many degrees and facets. Hence you have all this confusion and debate.

Oh major cope, dude... Come on...

You can definitely make the argument, like you could say you're less conscious or awake when blackout drunk. But at the end of the day anything but the full monty is more appearing of ideas and such.

On 30.9.2022 at 11:46 PM, thisintegrated said:

What's your point exactly?  That Leo should focus more on spiritual growth rather than psychonautics?

I'm not making any prescriptions for Leo's spiritual pursuits, only for how he talks about them. I've tried to delineate out a few key ways in which his focus differs from those he considers "not awake", and why a clearer language is needed when referring to these people. Like I mentioned in an earlier comment, Leo hasn't had great success with increasing his baseline consciousness in any traditional sense (the focus of traditional spirituality), and he has instead opted for exploring deeper and deeper psychedelic states (psychonautics). He has stated that he has probably gone deeper on psychedelics than any other person before him, and that he is better wired for that than the alternative. He is playing to his strengths.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Oh major cope, dude... Come on...

I'm gonna kick you outta here if you don't wise up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Awakening is not a binary thing. There are many awake states of consciousness with many degrees and facets. Hence you have all this confusion and debate.

So what do you mean when you say "so and so is not awake?" There seems to be only one kind of awakening you consider proper. Don't tell me you actually think you understand their psychology well enough to make such claims. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

11 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

So what do you mean when you say "so and so is not awake?" There seems to be only one kind of awakening you consider proper. Don't tell me you actually think you understand their psychology well enough to make such claims. 

I mean ridiculously high degrees of God-Realization.

There's no way to quantify it.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I mean ridiculously high degrees of God-Realization.

There's no way to quantify it.

And what is that absolute awakening you were talking about a few days ago?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

6 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

And what is that absolute awakening you were talking about a few days ago?

Again, ridiculously high levels of God-Realization.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a rather ambitious use of the word "absolute," but fair enough.

@Nilsi From what I am gathering, there are awakenings you can get where you're still basically "localized in your current body"; and then there are the awakenings where you're totally "out of your body" and able to perceive all the infinite dreams that have been created or zoom in on any one dream if you wanted. The ladder seems very few people (only two that I know of) have experience with.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

7 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

That's a rather ambitious use of the word "absolute," but fair enough.

Well, words fail us at such levels of awakening. Sorry. Words simply can't do it justice.

My future course will describe things more rigorously. When I speak on this forum I'm often speaking loosely because I'm using this place to test out my ideas before they get solidified in a video or course. You guys are my guinea pigs ;)

You guys have to appreciate how challenging it is to articulate these levels of consciousness, and almost nobody out there is doing it, they are feeding you group-think from their traditions. Buddhists and Neo-Advaitans are not doing it. I'm always developing new stuff so my content is always a work in progress. Because I'm on not just parroting stuff at you from a book.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

@Leo Gura

God being infinity, can God be conscious of itself and hold up this illusion?

Depends on one's level of consciousness.

There are certain tradeoffs with being human.

Edited by Leo Gura

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The poetic description video was one of your best but I think you have had a lot more spiritual insights after that. 

Can you do a new video about the newest levels of awakening? Also some new techniques for sober inquiry would be really interesting :)

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

4 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

The poetic description video was one of your best but I think you have had a lot more spiritual insights after that. 

Can you do a new video about the newest levels of awakening? Also some new techniques for sober inquiry would be really interesting :)

That advanced stuff is all being saved for the course.

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Depends on one's level of consciousness.

There are certain tradeoffs with being human.

I don't think there are tradeoffs, it's infinity

On 9/28/2022 at 6:57 AM, Leo Gura said:

Don't get your panties all twisted. They are awake to some degree.

It's a question of degree. How deeply are you conscious of what God is?

Are you conscious enough to understand that you invented the Buddha?

The more conscious you become the more you realize that your Mind is all there is. At that point, why do you need gurus?

There are not categories of consciousness, there is a spectrum of degrees of it.

It's best to think of consciousness like light. You can have a candle, a flashlight, a stadium light, a nuclear blast, the Sun, or a supernova. Most of your gurus are like at the nuclear blast level. My shtick is to guide you to the supernova ;)

Even if I am conscious enough to understand that I invented Buddha and everything else I still can't invent  consciously, it happens automatically,  I want to practise doing it, inventing I mean, more consciously

What I wanted to ask you @Leo Gura is what do you think you would hat invent if you would had stayed in this state where your IQ was 1500?

Edited by Star

@Carl-Richard You’ve never tripped right? Or you did rarely?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I agree. Awakening is like forming a change with yourself.

As you walk the path you become more and more  conscious. 

I feel like there's certain thresholds that you can measure, or like check off the list. Like for example losing your head and not needing the middleman of the face or eyeballs to be able to perceive the room.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura @Consilience @Carl-Richard Peter Ralson's recent, in-depth answer on the topic states vs direct consciousness (from his recent August newsletter).

IMG_20221001_084040.jpg

IMG_20221001_084105.jpg

IMG_20221001_084132.jpg

IMG_20221001_084200.jpg

Edited by Bufo Alvarius

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, words fail us at such levels of awakening. Sorry. Words simply can't do it justice.

My future course will describe things more rigorously. When I speak on this forum I'm often speaking loosely because I'm using this place to test out my ideas before they get solidified in a video or course. You guys are my guinea pigs ;)

You guys have to appreciate how challenging it is to articulate these levels of consciousness, and almost nobody out there is doing it, they are feeding you group-think from their traditions. Buddhists and Neo-Advaitans are not doing it. I'm always developing new stuff so my content is always a work in progress. Because I'm on not just parroting stuff at you from a book.

That's cool. You're just usually speaking with so much confidence that it seems like everything is crystal clear to you and there is no doubt about anything in your mind.