Carl-Richard

What is Leo's main shtick really about? Psychonautics vs. Spirituality

426 posts in this topic

@Carl-Richard I’d say that’s true. Who isn’t?

It’s also false from Gods perspective. There are states where you realize growth is imaginary. There’s no difference between sadhguru and a wasp.

It’s not a true true for a false false but has layers and lines and lenses and contexts 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Carl-Richard I’d say that’s true. Who isn’t?

Leo.

Psychonautics = states > growth
Spirituality = growth > states

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are not categorically different at all.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Also I did a mushroom trip 4 months ago that permanently cured my depression. Totally permanently changed the way I saw myself. That combined with other practices.

State doesn’t equal growth but experiencing these states can be part of your toolbox towards growth. 

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Also I did a mushroom trip 4 months ago that permanently cured my depression. Totally permanently changed the way I saw myself. That combined with other practices.

State doesn’t equal growth but experiencing these states can be part of your toolbox towards growth. 

Psychedelics can certainly help you grow, as I've said many times.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Leo.

Spirituality = states < growth

Did he say this? 
This seems like a misinterpretation given my understanding of his work as a whole.  These things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Honestly overall Leo seems to stress balance in your spiritual / personal growth practice. 

Balance.

Living the Good Life.

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

That is possible. It is always said that the effects of psychedelics are transitory but it's false. If on a psychedelic trip you open a door in your mind that was closed, it will remain open forever. you need to be willing to go deeper, but if it happens it is completely real

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Did he say this? 
This seems like a misinterpretation given my understanding of his work as a whole.  These things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Honestly overall Leo seems to stress balance in your spiritual / personal growth practice. 

Balance.

Living the Good Life.

It's almost like you haven't read anything I've written here.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Leo.

Spirituality = states < growth

not really sure I understood what you mean. 

These don’t seem like different things to me personally. 

@Carl-Richard Yeah, idk man. Your saying things and I’m interpreting them and you seem not really in or out. I don’t understand what your trying to say. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Leo Gura

I think if you were to set up a seminar for "spirituality, consciousness work, and awakening", and the first thing you say is "Welcome! Today I will teach you how to stick 5-MeO-DMT up your butt!", people would be like "Wut? I didn't sign up for this." 

So what?

And I talk about way more than psychedelics.

I do teach Psychedelic Awakening tho. If you don't like it you can pursue awakening any other way.

In the future I will rebrand my teachings as Psychedelic Awakening. I will not be teaching any other kind because they are a waste of time.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

That is possible. It is always said that the effects of psychedelics are transitory but it's false. If on a psychedelic trip you open a door in your mind that was closed, it will remain open forever. you need to be willing to go deeper, but if it happens it is completely real

There’s scientific evidence that shows mushrooms trips cure depression for like 3-6 months after just one good trip.

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

So what?

And I talk about wat more than psychedelics.

I do teach Psychedelic Awakening tho. If you don't like it you can pursue awakening any other way.

In the future I will rebrand my teachings as Psychedelic Awakening. I will not be teaching any other kind because they aee inferior.

And what is the purpose of this pyschedelic awakening, after the pyschedelic wears off, then what? the then what is the most important part

Just now, Leo Gura said:

So what?

And I talk about wat more than psychedelics.

Again, almost like nobody reads anything I wrote.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the future I will rebrand my teachings as Psychedelic Awakening. I will not be teaching any other kind because they are inferior.

Thank you! Any distinction is welcome. I know calling them mere "trips" or "experiences" desacralizes them in a way, so I understand that the psychonautic terminology is a bit unfair (I'm not denying that these are experiences of the divine).

@bambi why is that the most important part?

What happens after you eat dinner? Why are you still eating the next day. 

◭"89"

Just now, bambi said:

And what is the purpose of this pyschedelic awakening, after the pyschedelic wears off, then what? the then what is the most important part

The purpose is to have a clear understanding of God.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the future I will rebrand my teachings as Psychedelic Awakening. I will not be teaching any other kind because they are a waste of time.

Good. Will help clear things up, especially for noobies. 

And if experiencing radical levels of fulfillment, the divinity of the ordinary mind/state, dramatic levels of emotional wellness, and the embodiment of truth are all waste of time, well Im ready to waste this entire life away. ?

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

not really sure I understood what you mean. 

These don’t seem like different things to me personally. 

If you can't see the difference between mainly aiming at changing your default state vs. mainly aiming at experiencing the highest states possible, I can't help you.

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

And if experiencing radical levels of fulfillment, the divinity of the ordinary mind/state, dramatic levels of emotional wellness, and the embodiment of truth are all waste of time, well Im ready to waste this entire life away. ?

All those things come with understanding God at deeper levels.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Again, almost like nobody reads anything I wrote.

Yeah this has been an interesting thread… 

The focus of my work is to guide people to fully deconstruct reality and jailbreak their mind so that they can access omniscience, God-Realization, and Love, and realize that reality is an absolute illusion.

My work focuses a lot on deconstruction, including deconstructing all spiritual fictions and frameworks, including Buddhism, Neo-Advaita, and boilerplate nonduality. All of that must be deconstructed to fully realize God. Psychedelics are just a tool in that process.

The course I'm working on will guide you in doing a complete deconstruction of every aspect of your mind, including all of spirituality, and then guide you to realizing every facet of God that I have realized. If you succeed in doing all that you will become the most conscious thing in the universe. And then you will understand why I said all the shit I said.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you can't see the difference between mainly aiming at changing your default state vs. mainly aiming at experiencing the highest states possible, I can't help you.

Well, I am not drawing a line in the sand and I consider them tools in the same tool box. Mr. sassy pants ? 

I read what you wrote just not your mind. Your stance seems a little flakey or unclear. For me, all the teachers and teachings are like tasty fruits on vines and I’m just plucking and sucking 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"