Lynnel

Hopelessness And Powerlessness

16 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how do you guys handle hopelesness ?

This emotion hits me sometimes and it's absolute hell - because I'm used to always running away and everything I do is out of hope for a better future - hope/vision are my main fuels - hence I'm completely lost once a feeling of hopelessness hits me.

It know it's tied to feeling powerless, and while I've done all the work about feeling a victim, how can you not feel powerless in a moment when you feel totaly hopeless ?

Thank you ! :)

@Lynnel hopelessness for what? human future? your future?

anyway, i simply visualize what society needs the most.

i also have a backup plan. if everything goes wrong, i'll be content with simply going to live in a monastery and becoming a zen monk.

unborn Truth

8 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Lynnel hopelessness for what? human future? your future?

anyway, i simply visualize what society needs the most.

i also have a backup plan. if everything goes wrong, i'll be content with simply going to live in a monastery and becoming a zen monk.

This is gold right here. That's the secret power of all the spiritual people.

1.Be arrogant enough to assume what society needs most in your humble and uneducated oppinion.

2. Visualize it. This way you will make sure 100000000% that the world actually get's it. Hell even trying to fathom this enlightened concept already made my life and everyone elses life on this planet like a billion times better.

This is why enlightened and spiritual people are literally the bestest people on the whole planet. They are so inspirational to me that I created my own online guide which I will sell for 2000$, but you guys can have a glimpse at it for completely free! Limited offer! Aaaaaaaaand here it is!!

Ze Enlightened Guide to better ze Worlde:

1.Sit and think

2.Do nothing in real life to at least try to make the world a better place or to help people

3.Remember, as long as you are happy and at peace, the world is perfect and as it should be.

4.It's all about you and your comfort. Keep sitting and dreaming, you are healing the world.

5.Become a monk when shits gets too hard, after all it's all about you, and because you should live forever in ignorance and never have to face the actual real world this backup plan is mandatory for every lightworker. Don't ever try to face real problems...or reality itself, because this would ruin your good mood. You can't dream heaven into existence with bad mood.

6.Listen to gurus who claim the world is just and illusion and pure love at the same time, and that the world is already 100% perfect as it is. This will reinforce you in your mission to sit and do nothing. It will keep you personally in your comfortzone while the actual world goes to shit.

There it is, hundrets of hours of work went into this guide. And I changed my mind, I charge you 2000 bucks for it. Don't forget, it's worth it if it's a self-help product. Just because it's a self help product.

Ok ok, I give you a bonus lesson right here, right now, for free. Just because you are all so important to me.

The magical number 7.Create your own online product or seminar or book and charge hefty for it. Don't care if already a thousand other people created the same content for free. After all nobody gonna know how much of a spiritual master you are if you don't have a thousand dollar product to sell to people who don't have the money but need it the most. Justify it with the phrase "You are abundand, so get the cash and pay for it, it's a self help product after all, it's the only thing that is worth buying anyway." Don't worry about the content of the product, it's just info you found from other spiritual gurus anyway. Don't make anything new up, don't even try. You will fail at this task. This product will rip off enough cash from miserable deperate people who need the cash for far more important stuff but who are so gullible that they willingly swallow ever glimpse of hope you throw at them so that you forever have a selfish and comfortable lifestyle..aka enlightened lifestyle with only sitting and dreaming your whole life.

Just by sharing this glorious information I made the world a magnificent place. Thank me later...with your cash tho.

Edited by Life Coach

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

@Life Coach you gave me the perfect opportunity to explain a bit more about my own life. i'll do it with simplicity for i'm not going to be judgmental about others.

i live in brazil, a country that lacks education. so i'm working my ass off in my academic career (teachers/professors are poorly paid here btw) in order to be able to change the educating system in some critical aspects. our public education is precarious. you can do your own research about the brazilian public education to see what i'm talking about.

but! i do ALL this with peace in my heart. i work from a place of contentment and compassion for everyone around me. i don't open my mouth to criticize others. i work hard with peace and consistency.

i live a simple life. i don't give my money to big companies because they suck our country's resources. i have a tiny set of clothes. i consume cheap and healthy food (meat is expensive). i don't give my money to the agriculturalists, who own HUGE lands and explore them to produce meat... they're drying our precious water and destroying our trees QUICKLY. you can check it out as well.

am i going to feel sad? hopeless? am i going to waste my life instead of being loving and caring?
no. i'm getting married soon and if everything goes well i'll have kids just like everyone else does. and i'll work towards guiding my family within a simple and healthy lifestyle.

and it's also true that i, as this avatar, cannot control everything. the situation in brazil is becoming more complicated each day. so i DO have my last hope to live on from a state of peace, which is becoming a monk and producing my own food with my own hands.

the human race is full of flaws. please forgive us. i apologize for every spiritual teacher that charges for his teachings. i apologize for pedophile priests. i apologize for our corrupt government. i apologize for my lack of wisdom for i was born and i'm going to die eventually and i'm trying to do my best in between those moments, just like everyone.

please forgive me because i love you, truly.

unborn Truth

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Life Coach you gave me the perfect opportunity to explain a bit more about my own life. i'll do it with simplicity for i'm not going to be judgmental about others.

i live in brazil, a country that lacks education. so i'm working my ass off in my academic career (teachers/professors are poorly paid here btw) in order to be able to change the educating system in some critical aspects. our public education is precarious. you can do your own research about the brazilian public education to see what i'm talking about.

but! i do ALL this with peace in my heart. i work from a place of contentment and compassion for everyone around me. i don't open my mouth to criticize others. i work hard with peace and consistency.

i live a simple life. i don't give my money to big companies because they suck our country's resources. i have a tiny set of clothes. i consume cheap and healthy food (meat is expensive). i don't give my money to the agriculturalists, who own HUGE lands and explore them to produce meat... they're drying our precious water and destroying our trees QUICKLY. you can check it out as well.

am i going to feel sad? hopeless? am i going to waste my life instead of being loving and caring?
no. i'm getting married soon and if everything goes well i'll have kids just like everyone else does. and i'll work towards guiding my family within a simple and healthy lifestyle.

and it's also true that i, as this avatar, cannot control everything. the situation in brazil is becoming more complicated each day. so i DO have my last hope to live on from a state of peace, which is becoming a monk and producing my own food with my own hands.

the human race is full of flaws. please forgive us. i apologize for every spiritual teacher that charges for his teachings. i apologize for pedophile priests. i apologize for our corrupt government. i apologize for my lack of wisdom for i was born and i'm going to die eventually and i'm trying to do my best in between those moments, just like everyone.

please forgive me because i love you, truly.

All was well and good until I read the dreaded words. "I'm getting married." You don't need to ask for forgiveness for all that stuff that you asked it for, because that's human nature, I understand that we don't know what we are doing, but you shall only ask for forgiveness for one thing: Getting married. I don't know if I can forgive you for this. I think you should damn well know what you are doing. And I am saying this because I love you too and I love all the men who got fucked over in marriage. I care. You understand that in marriage, all your belongings and all your cash goes to the wife? Even if you have nothing. And if you are a minimalist and you can't pay the attorneys, alimony and child support you will go to prison. When you get married, you lose all your rights, you are no longer a human being in this world. I am worried for you, for I have seen a lot of men who are absolutely miserable, who went to jail and who killed themselves because their wifes destroyed their lives. I see it everywhere, even with my own eyes, not only from stories. Don't do this, the legal contract is of no use to you, you can still live with a woman if you like her and be together, just don't get married. I am now worried and I hope I can convince you to stop this madness as long as you can. Don't think your woman is special, unique, or somehow pure of heart. When you are married, things will change, and she will use all the legal power she got to absolutely destory you. If you wish I can give you a thousand times a thousand stories of men who got broken, who lost their children and everything and who have to pay cash to their ex wifes for the rest of their lives. Some couldn't afford it and now rot in jail, some couldn't take it and killed themselves. I don't think they were bad men. You will not be able to be a monk in peace when you have to work 24/7 in order to not go to jail.

This contract is obsolete, live in peace and be free, but don't bind yourself.

@Life Coach i can sense your fear and its reasons. i can see myself saying the same words as you a few years ago. and i support you instead of saying that there's something wrong with you.

instead of talking about you, again, i'll talk about myself and my fiancée. we're part of a huge net of happy families called UDV (união do vegetal), which is growing bigger and bigger. it's a huge family connected to the wisdom of nature, a powerful vehicle for peace.

UDV was (re)created in brazil and it's spreading all over the world. it's already on the usa, btw. here's our website, if you mind.

i can tell you from my deepest lucidity that i have no fear whatsoever. i've seen the ugliness in the world and why it exists. and now i'm being able to see beauty and loving families.

14344326_1193388544037866_529258550294027721_n.jpg

14463260_1099624070113202_6348067322246661602_n.jpg

14650296_10208057501978583_356091621403094010_n.jpg

unborn Truth

@Life Coach

35 minutes ago, Life Coach said:

When you get married, you lose all your rights, you are no longer a human being in this world. 

Is it that bad ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@ajasatya thank you for sharing this. I pray that you stay unharmed on your journey since I cannot convince you to stop this madness.

@ajasatya Very beautiful family. You are lucky >:(... Look at that grin on your face. :P

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It does appear that this topic has gone to crap. Hilarious.

Either way : @Life Coach thank you. 

And @see_on_see it wasn't actually hopelessness, it was dispair. Dispair is a more accurate word. Usually I'm quite okay with anything, i believe in progress, myself, and I know I can take the control and change my life, and I've done it many times. BUT when I feel dispair, which is a deep feeling I'm running away from, it all goes away. So there is this shadow of dispair lurking arround and I don't know how to feel/handle it so it disappears.

23 hours ago, Lynnel said:

This emotion hits me sometimes and it's absolute hell - because I'm used to always running away and everything I do is out of hope for a better future - hope/vision are my main fuels - hence I'm completely lost once a feeling of hopelessness hits me.

It know it's tied to feeling powerless, and while I've done all the work about feeling a victim, how can you not feel powerless in a moment when you feel totaly hopeless ?

Thank you ! :)

What's so bad about being hopeless?

At least you're not entertaining illusions. At least you're beginning to face the fact that there will be no moment of salvation in the future where everything is complete. That this is it, in all its perfectly imperfect glory. 

Looking forward to things is nice. But hope? I don't blame you for being hopeless. Hope is damn silly.

You wrote this post because you're looking for your next fix of hope. It's more running away.

Have you ever considered the opposite? Running towards? Opening the emotional floodgates? Letting yourself feel as powerless and hopeless as humanly possible? It may be a good idea at this point...but easier said than done.

Either way, I wish you the best.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

On 2/18/2017 at 0:50 AM, Lynnel said:

It does appear that this topic has gone to crap. Hilarious.

You got that right xD

On 16/02/2017 at 10:52 PM, Lynnel said:

This emotion hits me sometimes and it's absolute hell - because I'm used to always running away and everything I do is out of hope for a better future.

You know what?  I'm not going to try to explain the amazingness that kept me live

I don't want to pretend like it's unique

it's what we as a socity go

Keep working!

@Life Coach Your magical number 7 is as fascinating as it is evil but thank you for being so honest about it. but did you actually do that? if so did it work?

On 17/02/2017 at 11:57 PM, jjer94 said:

What's so bad about being hopeless?

At least you're not entertaining illusions. At least you're beginning to face the fact that there will be no moment of salvation in the future where everything is complete. That this is it, in all its perfectly imperfect glory. 

Looking forward to things is nice. But hope? I don't blame you for being hopeless. Hope is damn silly.

You wrote this post because you're looking for your next fix of hope. It's more running away.

Have you ever considered the opposite? Running towards? Opening the emotional floodgates? Letting yourself feel as powerless and hopeless as humanly possible? It may be a good idea at this point...but easier said than done.

Either way, I wish you the best.

I've been thinking about it : I guess if there is no hope then I'm going to be stuck in dispair. I needed hope all this time to tell myself : it's okay, if I'm doing enough dispair is gonna eventually dissappear and dissolve by iteself, if I change enough things/situations/, if I get enough spiritual/inner progress, it's gonna fade. It wasn't about being complete but about getting better xD I know there is no moment where I'm gonna be like : okay guys we're done everything is perfect xD Everything simply is and there is nothing to do about it.

From this perspective indeed, hope sounds almost retarded : it's like I'm running away from a dog and I'm hoping it doesn't catch me - while he already has his teeth in my leg and is running alongside with me..and i'm HOPING SOMEDAY - SOMEHOW - if I run fast enough, I'll be able to outrun it and not suffer from it anymore xD

Yeah I'm gonna run towards and not away and I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I'll develop trust and not mindless/blind hope. I believe "I'm strong enough" to face dispair :)

Thank you !

@Lynnel always be hopefull no mater what I.am currently stuck and its quit emotionally taxing to be stuck, but I'm still hopefull about tomorrow... 

Even when I am powerless I am still hopefull of being powerful, but I guess just being hopeful is not going to help me.

I need to take massive action.