Rasheed

No truly great and serious intellectual, psychologist, philosopher would work in uni

27 posts in this topic

This is my opinion and point of view. Agree or disagree and explain why if you want.

No serious (by serious I mean really conscious, developed both development wise and consciousness wise) intellectual, philosopher or psychologist will work at a university, be an academic and a professor. 

When I say university, I mean: TOP universities such as Harvard. I mean, they won’t work there.

What do you think? Sounds controversial but I think this is true.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

What are your examples of great and serious intellectuals, psychologists, philosophers?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You can find impressive people in academia. They just won't be spiritually impressive.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wonder if there are any Stage Yellow or Stage Turquoise people in universities.

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

Why would you be so stupid to work as a professor for minimum wage when you Re that smart. Even if you're working at Harvard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

What are your examples of great and serious intellectuals, psychologists, philosophers?

Easy, in front of your nose: Leo here and Ken Wilber for example

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can find impressive people in academia. They just won't be spiritually impressive.

What do you mean by “impressive”?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

1 minute ago, Rasheed said:

Easy, in front of your nose: Leo here and Ken Wilber for example

That's it? Two people?

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's it? Two people?

No, that is my answer without any thinking. I mean you can find more examples of course or maybe my point is wrong, who knows…

Just now, Rasheed said:

No, that is my answer without any thinking. I mean you can find more examples of course or maybe my point is wrong, who knows…

I would expect a long list if it what you're saying is truly the case.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I would expect a long list if it what you're saying is truly the case.

I am telling you, this is easy

• Ken Wilber
  • Leo Gura
  • Rajneesh
  • Ramana Maharishi
  • Nisargadatta
  • Gurdjieff
  • Ouspensky
  • Peter Ralston
  • David Deida
  • Krishnamurti
  • Eckhart Tolle
  • David Hawkins

Many more I either don’t know or remember…Haha

Kind of a weak list…guys add more to these list to help out the argument

Edited by Rasheed

@Rasheed

You can find Green and even some Yellow at top universities.

My perspective is that Green is currently the leading edge of consciousness for the majority of the planet. Most people are Orange, Blue or even lower than that. So to expect anything higher than Green/Yellow at top universities would be an error. That level of consciousness is already extremely radical for many people.

Of course if you’re already sitting at Green or above, than you’re likely to be unimpressed. Green perpetually seems to mistake its level of consciousness as a given. 

So people at top universities are serious philosophers, compared to the majority of the planet. They may just not be be serious compared to the extremely small proportion of Tier 2 thinkers.

1 minute ago, Rasheed said:

I am telling you, this is easy

• Ken Wilber
  • Leo Gura
  • Rajneesh
  • Ramana Maharishi
  • Nisargadatta
  • Gurdjieff
  • Ouspensky
  • Peter Ralston
  • David Deida
  • Krishnamurti
  • Eckhart Tolle
  • David Hawkins

Many more I either don’t know or remember…Haha

Kind of a weak list…guys add more to these list to help out the argument

Most of these people are primarily mystics, not intellectuals, philosophers or psychologists. Nisargadatta was illiterate.

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Most of these people are primarily mystics, not intellectuals, philosophers or psychologists. Nisargadatta was illiterate.

This is just a tip of an iceberg, I wrote in 3 minutes so….

Edited by Rasheed

4 hours ago, Rasheed said:

This is my opinion and point of view. Agree or disagree and explain why if you want.

No serious (by serious I mean really conscious, developed both development wise and consciousness wise) intellectual, philosopher or psychologist will work at a university, be an academic and a professor. 

When I say university, I mean: TOP universities such as Harvard. I mean, they won’t work there.

What do you think? Sounds controversial but I think this is true.

Just go to Lex Fridmans channel and you will find a whos who of the greatest contemporary intellectuals, most of which are in fact professors at prestigous universities.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

9 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Just go to Lex Fridmans channel and you will find a whos who of the greatest contemporary intellectuals, most of which are in fact professors at prestigous universities.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/elite-universities-are-a-scam

Universities have turned into a debt slavery scam for millions of young people.  They get useless degrees, especially in the liberal arts, and then can’t get a job and have to hope for debt foregiveness.  The system needs to be rethought.  It should not be a place where everyone automatically goes.  Most people should go to some kind of trade school and learn a specific skill.  I studied philosophy on my own.  How can anyone seriously contemplate the meaning of life in an environment where you attention is focused on receiving a grade for regurgitating a professor’s opinions?  Does anyone else see the absurdity of this?    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

If they don't work in uni, where do you want them to work at?

On a farm?

55 minutes ago, hyruga said:

If they don't work in uni, where do you want them to work at?

On a farm?

The jungle would be better. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.