Majed

why is consciousness work not mainstream ?

19 posts in this topic

i mean when you start doing it, you realize how real it is, you start having insights, become more aware, self reflective, etc... so my point is if something is so real why is it not mainstream, i mean sure it takes months and years to start seeing the fruits of the work but same thing with going to the gym and bodybuilding yet bodybuilding is mainstream, so i was wondering about that

Edited by Majed

Spirituality is mainstream dude. But if you mean the path to nonduality then you have to really understand that most people are just not interested in something they cannot simply believe. They just want sweet nursery rhymes and ice cream.

But, stopping on the harp, how do you not see awakening happening all around you?

I'm not being completely obtuse, like Netflix has some sort of content related to awakening.

Right?

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

@vishnusavestheday mainstream spirituality is mainly religious or new age ideologies, dogmas, beliefs and brainwashing. have nothing to do with raising one's consciousness 

@Majed

How do you separate the insight from the trap?

The same way you figured out it was a trap, by getting stuck.

When you say raising consciousness do you mean being aware? Because you pedestalize the idea without supporting it with an example.

Also, how many people of your categorized "mainstream spirituality" would also claim that their dogma raises consciousness better than other ideologies?

How is raising one's consciousness not a dogmatic perspective? Because it just sounds like you are searching in a pool of actuality for something actual.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Because real spirituality is the complete opposite of survival. It's very difficult work that leads to annihilation of self, which is the last thing most people want. Therefor it takes a lot of wisdom to pursue it seriously, never mind all the work it takes to first get to the point where you see that awakening is real and is a possibility.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

People just don’t talk about it much.  At the moment everyone is learning about their traumas and understanding the psyche, which to me is becoming more conscious. this is happening collectively.  Also Young people don’t really think about that stuff, it’s happening more with older people, like 25 and up I would say.  Meditation and being conscious Is a huge trend, just look at all the apps you can get now. 

Edited by Pavement

2 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

Because real spirituality is the complete opposite of survival. It's very difficult work that leads to annihilation of self, which is the last thing most people want. Therefor it takes a lot of wisdom to pursue it seriously, never mind all the work it takes to first get to the point where you see that awakening is real and is a possibility.

This is the answer. From the perspective of society, highly conscious individuals are counter-productive. 

@OnePointTwo i do not agree precisely because when you are highly conscious you tend to have a life purpose and this way you have a big positive impact on mankind 

most people are completely attached to their lies. the last thing they want is to get rid of them. They will get violent and call you crazy if you try to make them see it. they want a light spirituality, a kind of diazepam to cover up their fears and continue with their charade. it is rare to find someone with a desire for truth.

The best things are never mainstream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

50 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

Except Michael Jackson..

Meh, his music is overrated.

His dancing was amazing tho, I'll give you that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, vishnusavestheday said:

They just want sweet nursery rhymes and ice cream.

What does this mean? @vishnusavestheday

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The best things are never mainstream.

@Leo Gura Why is this the case?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

I think they mean most people want easy stuff like a big mac or pitbull songs(I can enjoy both..)  which is not hard to appreciate and the best things requires high sensibility (wich is a rare quality of a human being)  to be appreciated.

20 hours ago, Majed said:

@OnePointTwo i do not agree precisely because when you are highly conscious you tend to have a life purpose and this way you have a big positive impact on mankind 

For sure. But if you and your family were thrown into the wilderness with nothing, making fire and tools would take priority over spirituality.

Look at the forces in society. The industrial capitalism force has been trying to create subservient robots for centuries and the social media force has been trying to shape wealthy people's egos in it's favour for decades. These are strong forces. AI and automation is helping to satiate industrial capitalism and giving people new-found freedom, but only the few who escape the lure of popular culture due to strong discipline or social rejection are using it to pursue wisdom.

Edited by OnePointTwo

It's a good question. I like the comparison of investment between bodybuilding and spirituality. Amateur music and art also appear to be more mainstream despite how difficult they are to master.

Edited by OnePointTwo

because true spirituality supposes detachment from the ego, and more and more people seek to strengthen their ego. a strong ego drags others, who feel diminished, to become stronger, and the individual does not see beyond the ego he deifies. the dumber, the easier it will be to strengthen your ego, so with social networks we have the empire of the fools. The intelligent and sensitive often see their desires of building a successful ego frustrated, since it does not fit them. then some drift towards spirituality. Only those who are capable of separating the wheat from the chaff, that is, the really intelligent ones, are capable of following the path without getting lost in dead ends. so true spirituality will never be mainstream, unless being truly intelligent and sensitive is the most common in humans. Maybe in the future, but not soon

Edited by Breakingthewall