Matthew85

Implications of the present moment being all that exists

36 posts in this topic

I keep coming to this awareness during my flotation tank meditations. If true, the implications are profound. The world begins to feel a lot smaller. Also, in what state if any do my friends and family exist when I am not interacting with them? Or the cities and businesses I frequent? Do they still exist in some state when I am not observing them? If any of you have awakened deep enough to observe the process of form being created I would love to hear your perspective. 

As far as I've understood there is no world separate from direct experience. That means anything beyond your current direct experience can not exist at the current moment when not in direct experience, because there is no other thing than the direct experience. For example if you think a room where you are not in currently exists in the same way as the room you are in right now, because you can walk to it, and then it is in your direct experience, notice that what you have is actually an idea of what the room would be like if you walked into it. The room when not in it does not exist because the only thing that exists is direct experience, not the idea that it does exist. The other room only becomes real when you actually enter it. A video game where only what you can see in the screen is rendered is a good analogy. Now you might like to think that there is some state in which the world does exist outside of your experience, but this is simply not true, and you can very clearly reach states where it is incredibly obvious. But it takes real commitment to direct experience, not to any sort of abstractions or ideas about what is out there.

As for how it is created, there really is no how. Reality is pure magic. In a nightly dream, there is no how either, it just can happen. It's the same in reality. The rules just are incredibly consistent and make it seem like there's always something out there, more than what is actually happening. How reality unfolds makes it seem like there is a world that exists beyond your current experience, but this is not true, and this is why reality is basically a very deep self-deception. You can realize that it is a self-deception, but you most likely cannot affect this.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen So your definition of direct experience is only what our limited human perceptions are perceiving?

So if I go and visit a friend and they tell me about their recent vacation and show me pictures. Your perspective is another aspect of mind didn't have that experience? You are saying I am creating all of it including the memories and experiences they share?

You have to contemplate what it really means for something to exist.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@amanen So your definition of direct experience is only what our limited human perceptions are perceiving?

So if I go and visit a friend and they tell me about their recent vacation and show me pictures. Your perspective is another aspect of mind didn't have that experience? You are saying I am creating all of it including the memories and experiences they share?

Yes you are creating it. Nothing is actually limited, the infinite itself is masking itself to be finite. Notice that the pictures and things they say are in your own direct experience. This is the self-deception I was talking about, it is absolutely embedded in reality, otherwise it would be obvious that there was nothing outside your own mind.

Consider something like being blind, you might still think that colors still exist if you are blind, somewhere in the world. But this is because you are not aligned enough to your direct experience. Colors only exist when they are in your experience. They are the thing itself, there is nothing behind them, there is no reality behind appearances. Having your eyes closed and eyes open is a very different thing. You have to really stick to direct experience to get what I am trying to communicate.

I am Physically Immortal

@amanen It may be true. One reason I doubt it though is I don't understand why infinity would limit itself to only what me as Matthew is having direct experience of. Something about this doesn't resonate. This would mean God which is infinite and able to create anything is only experiencing one tiny perspective that is my direct experience. Why would God be limited to a single perspective and direct experience? It could just as easily create endless eyes or perspectives and block their awareness of one another to make the viewpoint unique. This would certainly be a much richer diverse experience. 

Edited by Matthew85

36 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Why would God be limited to a single perspective and direct experience? 

This question is asked from the perspective of TIME, remove time and timeline, and you will see that you as a God experience everything right at this moment, you are just not aware of it, because Consciousness creates a mental construct of time which includes you as Matthew. 

Treat it is a blind spot of Consciousness which partitions itself and creates the illusion of the human Being. 

Once it will recontextualize Itself as Matthew, it might see the other "CUT" of reality which is itself. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

In one of Leo's past videos he discuses how God creates endless probes or perspectives to investigate and learn about itself. Maybe his viewpoint has evolved since then, I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, Galyna said:

This question is asked from the perspective of TIME, remove time and timeline, and you will see that you as a God experience everything right at this moment, you are just not aware of it, because Consciousness creates a mental construct of time which includes you as Matthew. 

Thank you! This helps it make more sense. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

In one of Leo's past videos he discuses how God creates endless probes or perspectives to investigate and learn about itself. Maybe his viewpoint has evolved since then, I don't know. 

yep, I watched that video multiple times.

Maybe it will be easier to imagine it like this, let's use the timeline example:

As of right now, Consciousness partitioned itself to play "Matthew", once this piece is over, it will "explode" and experience itself as a universe. 

Remove time and see both of the scenarios at a time...

16 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Thank you! This helps it make more sense. 

YW!

As soon as I awaken to this idea over and over again, it gives me such a relieve and POWER.

Edited by Galyna

39 minutes ago, Galyna said:

As soon as I awaken to this idea over and over again, it gives me such a relieve and POWER.

I bet. It is profound. I have may deep insights and reach expanded states. I have trouble sustaining them though. The limited mind comes back and doubts creep in. Maybe I am deluding myself or not intercepting it correctly. 

5 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

I bet. It is profound. I have may deep insights and reach expanded states. I have trouble sustaining them though. The limited mind comes back and doubts creep in. Maybe I am deluding myself or not intercepting it correctly. 

Nah, it is a gradual normal process. Do not force it.

I am doing the workshop now with enlightened master, he says that swings like this is the feature of the psyche to stabilize itself since it should sustain homeostasis. Otherwise, if overload, you will go insane. 

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

You have to contemplate what it really means for something to exist.

I would say to exist is being aware and being perceivable. 

18 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Breakingthewall You have had some deep awakenings. What is your perspective on things existing outside of limited human senses?

How do you know? If I am blind, how can I know that others can actually see and aren’t just faking it from what they have heard from people who “appear” to see? All ideas of enlightenment are unenlightenment.

Edit: What has really helped me cut through a lot of BS is adopting the mindset of a Pyrrhonian. Of course, you will want to transcend Pyrrhonism as well because that defeats the whole point of it lol. Pyrrhonism is nonattachment from all beliefs and ideas, suspending judgment completely. When you do this correctly, you can experience ataraxia, which is complete intellectual freedom. So much anxiety comes from clinging to ideas (that aren’t always ours).

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, amanen said:

As far as I've understood there is no world separate from direct experience. That means anything beyond your current direct experience can not exist at the current moment when not in direct experience, because there is no other thing than the direct experience. For example if you think a room where you are not in currently exists in the same way as the room you are in right now, because you can walk to it, and then it is in your direct experience, notice that what you have is actually an idea of what the room would be like if you walked into it. The room when not in it does not exist because the only thing that exists is direct experience, not the idea that it does exist. The other room only becomes real when you actually enter it. A video game where only what you can see in the screen is rendered is a good analogy. Now you might like to think that there is some state in which the world does exist outside of your experience, but this is simply not true, and you can very clearly reach states where it is incredibly obvious. But it takes real commitment to direct experience, not to any sort of abstractions or ideas about what is out there.

@amanen So your perspective is waking reality and everything and everyone you experience and interact with is a creation of your mind? 

11 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@amanen So your perspective is waking reality and everything and everyone you experience and interact with is a creation of your mind? 

Yes, but this includes the body, it isn't any more special.

I am Physically Immortal

4 hours ago, amanen said:
15 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

manen So your perspective is waking reality and everything and everyone you experience and interact with is a creation of your mind? 

Yes, but this includes the body, it isn't any more special.

@amanen How do you explain that I am a conscious awareness having the experience of being a human living in California? I exist and am having experiences outside of my interactions with you. So if this is the case with me, you have to presume it is the case with every other person you interact with.