Julian gabriel

How Much Does Sadhguru know?

120 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My teachings will not work on everyone. Only on those who are ripe for it. This is basicallly true of all spiritual teachings. You gotta find what will work for you. Psychedelics don't work on some people at all.

But psychedelics do work on a good percentage of people. Moreso than meditation.

You need to expand your heart a little more. You constantly keep talking about your teachings. Does your teachings have space for people who are emotional? You always throw aside psycho-emotional aspects of the human nature. It's closely tied with the spirit too. How a person feels is important. How will you explain spirituality to a child? I don't mean literally children. I mean people who are as innocent as children. You can't separate spirituality from the psycho-emotional aspects of one's path or life. It is like you are a doctor who has found the cure for cancer. But you don't want to admit that emotional stress can also attract cancer to the body. You make spirituality like a separate brand and very narrowly focus on it without widening your spectrum. I hope you make your teachings more wholesome so it includes psycho-emotional aspects of the human psyche and not just plain separated spirituality. And yes your teachings should work on everyone. Why not. Why should anyone be separated from your consciousness. 

You are too mechanical and logical. Maybe in the future you'll start adding emotional aspects to your teachings. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

6 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Just think of how many times he says in his video "This is so advanced, you will probably not even understand what I am saying to you.", before he explains some basic shit. Every time he says those words it ends up being something that is easily understood.

Do you think he is talking to you — a 4-digit poster on his forum — or a stray YouTube surfer who just finished five bong rips?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You just have to unpack what those things mean. Being a self-actualized entrepreneur who has transcended survival needs, who is interested in existence, who is not particularly invested in any social games, AND has taken hundreds of trips of the strongest class of psychedelics known to man? That is probably very unique, and all the those things feed directly into what he means by awakening, likewise with intelligence. It sounds arrogant on the surface if you project your own definitions of those words, but it's actually too humble imo.

Transcended survival needs? Lol. I'm sure he wouldn't say that.

Of course that is unique and it's undeniable he's had very powerful awakenings. But you can't know that nobody on this planet has had deeper ones. HOW can you ever know that. And why even sit and compare who had what? Am I the most awakened person or the second most awakened or third? This is ridiculous. Egoic games - that's how I perceive it.

I get that when you're awake you are God and you are everyone and you understand everything there is and bla bla bla. I'd say it is easy to get deluded that my awakening is the deepest because it's mine. Because it's from your experience obviously, Reality finally recognizing itself, you are encompassing everything and stuff. I don't mind at all when he says that he's the only Awake thing there is because it's true from his Absolute pov, but when he says he's more awake than anyone on the planet he's speaking from the relative domain and comparing himself to "other beings". Well from my pov this is delusion. And btw actually I'm the only thing there is so you're all wrong ;)

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you think he is talking to you — a millennium poster on his forum, or a stray YouTube surfer who just finished five bong rips?

He is definitely talking to followers of his work, I can clearly remember it being contextualized that way, whenever he has a big new insight especially.

Was there a single time you had difficulty grasping something Leo was saying, conceptually speaking?

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

I feel like a theory I posited about psychedelics, a few years back, and when that Conor Drama happened, was confirmed to me. It is happening to Leo atm, just on a more subtle level.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Just now, Sincerity said:

Transcended survival needs? Lol. I'm sure he wouldn't say that.

He is not on the street begging for cash is what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Was there a single time you had difficulty grasping something Leo was saying, conceptually speaking?

The Infinite Gods video seemed completely redundant to me, so I guess yes? :P 

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The Infinite Gods video seemed completely redundant to me, so I guess yes? :P 

Well, it's Leo realizing the silly limitations he has put upon Existence, but he has not yet realized that it stems from his attachment to ideas, theory and intellectual frameworks.

Glory to Israel

25 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I get that when you're awake you are God and you are everyone and you understand everything there is and bla bla bla.

This is sort of the problem. It's not true. 

Psychedelics tend to reflect the ego back on itself. It's rather like those who believe in chakras. Chakras are essentially just neuroses, egoic blockages. They only seem to exist insofar as the ego remains undissolved.

If awakening seems personal, then there is a massive misunderstanding there. This misunderstanding seems to be the case in the vast majority (99%+) of supposed "awakenings" that you hear about.

There is nothing wrong with having this misapprehension per se. It is to be expected in many ways. It often seems to come some time before the 'I' is finally dropped. Like a final Grand Tour of the ego, a victory lap before ultimate collapse. 

When a star begins running out of hydrogen fuel in its core, it swells into a much brighter red giant, for a relatively brief time, before dying.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

4 minutes ago, axiom said:

Psychedelics tend to reflect the ego back on itself.

Maybe to some extent, but I'd say it's generally not what happens.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

If awakening seems personal, then there is a massive misunderstanding there. 

I beg to differ.

I'd say it is the most personal thing ever. But also it can be absolutely impersonal.

I can give to him that he is at stage turquoise, has mystical experiences and abilities on regular basis to some lesser degree and is much advanced spiritually than the average seeker to understand.

He is definitely one of the most advanced people that is in the limelight. There is a occult law that makes the real advanced adepts to avoid the limelight. Sadhguru is here with us to serve and not focus on staying spiritually clean from the eyes of the ignorant crowd. It is better to focus on someone you can reach to the same level as the person. There are more advanced people than Sadhguru that the majority does not know about. Such beings are we not yet deserving to be guided from.

Clean your mind

You guys are so touchy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo, should we try modify our genetics to achieve certain aims, or should we stay natural?

Also, can you tell us how to increase our intelligence (if that's possible]? You said earlier in this post that yours was in the top 0.0...1% of humanity.

And how do we find out what kind of genes we have?

P.S. How would you recommend to us learning about genes? It seems like a really interesting topic

Edited by Magnanimous

42 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Leo, should we try modify our genetics to achieve certain aims, or should we stay natural?

Also, can you tell us how to increase our intelligence (if that's possible]? You said earlier in this post that yours was in the top 0.0...1% of humanity.

And how do we find out what kind of genes we have?

P.S. How would you recommend to us learning about genes? It seems like a really interesting topic

There is nothing to learn. Your genetics are whatever they are. You must work with whatever you got.

Edited by Leo Gura

How?

You literally said in Actualized Clips that your genes aren't fixed. They can be modified. And you validified the field of epigenetics in the same clip.

6 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

How?

You literally said in Actualized Clips that your genes aren't fixed. They can be modified. And you validified the field of epigenetics in the same clip.

Yes, there is epigentics but that doesn't mean your actual genes change. Whatever genes you got, they are fixed. How they get expressed can vary a bit.

Whenever I say "genetics" I mean the stuff you cannot change about yourself at all. It's the raw material you have to work with.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just to be interested in meditation already requires you to be freak of mankind. All your meditative accomplishments were only possible thanks to the right genetics. Which is why you don't find donkey's following Buddhism.

@Leo Gura So does that mean that those of us on this forum (where most or almost all are interested in meditation) are freaks of mankind?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

36 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

@Leo Gura So does that mean that those of us on this forum (where most or almost all are interested in meditation) are freaks of mankind?

You're freaks of some kind ;)

Sadhguru was born enlightened, he talks about his enlightenment experiences when he was a kid. Also he claims he was enlightened for 3 life times before this one. And for those 3 life times he was doing heart breaking sadhana. Also his master in a previous life who was extremely advanced passed on his powers to him, so he can do the things he is able to do now, understand the mechanics of the body to create potent practices and initiate people into them. And create divine forms and structures like the dyanalinga and linga bharavi. His masters dream was for him to create the dyanalinga. 

Unless you have a background like that you ain't getting anywhere near sadhguru level. 

Edited by bobbyward