Julian gabriel

How Much Does Sadhguru know?

120 posts in this topic

You think Sadhguru has real, actual “powers” ? That he’s a genetic freak?

If you mean in the same vein as Uri Geller, then yes! 

Apparently.

what is so special about shadguru? the beard and the turban? the stories he tells about his reincarnations? the millions he puts into his account every year? the nonsense he says about politics or sex? his condescending giggle practiced a thousand times with acting teachers? 

You don't need any genetic for this, only be smart

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall it's easy to criticize Sadhguru from that position. I don't know how to name this postition you are voicing, but it's quite common, spread even in India, because the whole world quickly modernizes.

But apart from all this, I have to say I have some admiration for Sadhguru. He is a man who has had a long period of existential reflection in his life, practicing asanas and deepening his realization, who then went and became one of the most famous activists/non-profit organization leaders. Quite an enviable life path, similar to one described by Om Swami in "If Truth Be Told", but the other way around.

Your comment sounds like something Vandana Shiva could have said. She's an Indian sociologist with a sharp blade against Bill Gates'es and Sadhgurus of the world. This adds nothing to the argument, but it is an interesting fact that Vandana Shiva's campaign against GMO had seriously agrreviated Sri Lanka's food crisis, becuase the government there had had accepted her claims about pesticides and fertilizers. 

Sadhguru to me seems like way way more reasonable and practical (that's why he is working with the party currently rulling India) than other environmental activists of his caliber of outreach.

The supernatural claims, I don't care about, no matter who spews them, Sadhguru, Leo, masters of the past, scientists like Rupert Sheldrake, I don't care. I neither care for the opposite team. I feel like staying open-minded for supernatural things happening in your life and weighing lowly other people's claims about magic in your own decision-making is a rational and skillful stance.

Edited by Girzo

@Tyler Robinson simple logic. genetic shapes you, Did you know that? Genetic makes you into an human being and not into our ancestors like apes 

If we change Genetic a bit you would be an ape. Do you think an ape is as spiritual as a human being can be? 

Just now, OBEler said:

@Tyler Robinson simple logic. genetic shapes you, Did you know that? Genetic makes you into an human being and not into our ancestors like apes 

If we change Genetic a bit you would be an ape. Do you think an ape is as spiritual as a human being can be? 

I don't see any difference between ape and human spiritually. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson so you think an ape can raise an explore consciousness with the same effort as human beings can do? They also can have deep understanding about Universe? 

Have you ever seen an ape meditating for days? 

@OBEler why is meditation needed for spirituality? 

Spirituality is not written in books. Spirituality is in the heart that realizes God. It's basically God realization. 

Maybe an ape's heart beats the same way for God as a human heart does. 

Maybe the ape is in tune with God's music. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson look, I hoped you could read between the lines for what I wrote. 

I will try to explain more direct. To get more spiritual (=raising consciousness/awareness/understanding) you need something to do for, right? With Tools like Meditation or taking psychedelics or even Do nothing for long time, right? Do you really think an ape can use these Tools as good as human beings can? 

Do you really think if you give a monkey psychedelics that it will have the same effects on them as humans? Do you think they will integrate it to transform their being after coming down? 

They will not be as spiritual as humans can. There is a genetic Limit! 

Edited by OBEler

Sadhguru is literally a zoo animal

*edit*

lol I'm not racist

Have you seen how many times he is filmed? Meeting with public officials? Meditating within probably strict time regimens? He's a man on exhibit. How is fame not expanding into a deeper cage?

*edit*

Edited by vishnusavestheday
Not racist explanation. haha

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

If you're interested in these powers, it's also possible to gain temporary access to some of them through the use of psychedelics. The things you can do with them can have permament effects though, it is not like a hallucination. I've done this multiple times and I am not spiritually gifted, I was only able to do so due to drugs. From my personal experience even some of the crazier end of the spectrum powers that are seemingly impossible can be achieved. I have done a lot of research on this topic and some people seemingly have gained longer lasting (periods of weeks and months) but usually weak powers from psychedelics. These powers are actually nothing special, they can occur naturally in a higher state of consciousness.

However, I don't think just anybody can get them through meditation, just like not everybody who meditates will not become God Realized. But just like how you can get enlightened without spiritual talent with psychedelics, the same applies to most of the powers that can come from higher states of consciousness.

Also, just because Sadhguru might have some powers does not mean that his metaphysics and worldview are.

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Nobody knows whether genetics have anything to do with "spiritual attainment".

Honesty and hard work, on the other hand, do seem to have a correlation with producing insights.

Genetics isn't an impediment to enlightenment because it is relative.

In the end, what matters is what you become conscious of, not whether it happened on the beach or on the mountain (relative).

Edited by UnbornTao

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

it's easy to criticize Sadhguru

I do not criticize shadguru. I ask why it is assumed that he is enlightened. Actually, many things that I have heard from him about metaphysics seem very accurate to me, but that does not mean anything. A lot of people on this forum could talk the same way. What I'm saying is that we don't have to be credulous, and less so with public figures. They are usually corrupt. maybe shadguru is not, maybe yes

56 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@amanen can you tell what Power you archieved and how it happened exactly? 

I have had a few experiences.

My most influential experience had lasting impact on my life. This was on MDMA. I gained information about a girl who I had no previous relation towards. I don't know if its channeling or clairvoyance, but I basically gained information like age, first name, interests, what she likes, and some random information. What we liked was very similar. I gained the information by speaking it out loud to myself, like I was channeling the information from divine omniscience for myself. We also had some sort of telepathic conversation, but this is hard to convey. I was so convinced that she knew where I would go that I went outside to look for her. I went to a spot near a lake, but she didn't come. Nevertheless I was so happy because of this that I was dancing wildly. Due to this I was afraid my apartment keys might get lost (there was relatively long grass here, so it wouldve been hard to look for them), and I got them out of my pocket to check them. As I did in front of my eyes the keys transformed into a very bizarre looking wriggly big worm, that I had never seen anything like that before. I live in Finland and there are no such worms here, there are relatively few actually. I got scared so I threw away the worm. I thought it was just a hallucination and proceeded to look for my keys. One notable thing here is that the worm had disappeared completely. I tried finding the keys for over 6 hours, but could not find them. I had to call some service to come open my apartment. A month and a half go by, I still had a feeling that we would meet some day. One day over 4km away from the place where I lost my keys, the girl who I gained information about is there. I immediately recognized her, I don't know how, and went to talk to her. Turns out she knew some information about me too, but did not need MDMA for this. Almost all of the information about her was accurate, there were like 2 things that were not. But the craziest thing is that she had my apartment keys. She had gotten them across space, I call this object teleportation. Then she became my girlfriend. I actually omitted some information from this that would make this even more incredulous, because it's rather sensitive in nature.

I've also had success in telepathy with my girlfriend on LSD.

I had minor success with telekinesis on LSD, being able to move one object.

Also on LSD, I've been able to see through walls a few times, like everything becoming transparent.

Also on LSD I've had an experience where I was able to walk for over 30 minutes with my eyes closed with perfect accuracy taking turns accurately and so on, because my consciousness was perfectly aware of the environment even without my sight.

I've also once had partial success in maybe teleportation, where I was able to physically teleport to a location by imagining that I was already there. I was able to feel and see and interact with the environment. I went back before the trip ended though, so I did not confirm if I truly went there.

I also had success in materializing a bird out of thin air. But I won't go into more details regarding that.

I've had other experiences too, but I won't go into everything here.

I'm not interested in proving anything, I think anybody can get access to these kinds of experiences.

Telepathy and intuition related abilities are the most commonly reported abilites on psychedelics, but I know people who have gained powers like: being able to move objects through a webcam, changing spotify music with your mind, partial teleportation, pyrokinesis, gravity control, getting people to talk your thoughts out loud, and much more.

I've done extensive research on this topic and there are probably even weirder powers, but I don't know how accurate they are, so I chose not to include many examples in this post.

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What you have to understand about such people is that they are freaks of nature.

Like Shaquille O'Neil. You are not gonna get his powers because he's a genetic freak.

How are you so sure about that? Shaq is of course huge but how can you be sure that ppl like sadhguru are genetic freaks?

13 minutes ago, Jake Chambers said:

How are you so sure about that? Shaq is of course huge but how can you be sure that ppl like sadhguru are genetic freaks?

Its kind of self-evident. If you see something that is so great and rare, it must be because it is "meant to be" that thing; close to the platonic ideal; and genetics are of course part of what consist this thing, in the case of a living being. That is to say Sadhguru is a genetic freak, because he is Sadhguru (which doesnt really explain much, but is nonetheless how it is).

This is kind of dangerous territory to explore though. The Nazis have basically used the same logic to explain why europeans are the master race and things of that sort, so definitely not something you want to be to overt about.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi if truth is dangerous because nazis also shared this truth and used it to their advantage then that doesnt matter from rational perspective, truth is still truth. And this doesnt make it less worth to explore 

But this is just from the truth seeker perspective. From other perspective you could see it as wrong to explore

Edited by OBEler

9 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura Why would I as God imagine people with genetic gifts and make it an impossible achievement for myself?

So you could feel finite.

1 hour ago, Jake Chambers said:

Because basically all the most spiritual people on this planet were born with higher powers. They did nothing to earn them. Just like Shaq did nothing to earn his size.

If Sadhguru was born a regular Hindu, he's be as spiritually stupid as your average Hindu. And if he was born a kangaroo, he's be hopping along and eating grass.

Your genetics determine absolutely everything about your capacities. There is not a single thing you are able to do which genetics did not gift you. You could not even fart without the right genetics.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

freaks of nature.

@Leo Gura What is the definition of a freak of nature to you?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

12 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

@Leo Gura What is the definition of a freak of nature to you?

Anyone who is in the top or bottom 1% of a bell curve.

Like this white moose:

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.