Matthew85

If I am God, why isn't it easier to feel and know it?

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, amanen said:

Psychedelics and meditation just happen to be the things that work here. It just happens to be so that getting into expanded states usually requires meditation or psychedelics.

Yes, but it's still only a temporary shift. People always revert back. 

@Matthew85 You will be skeptical if a permanent shift is possible until you actually start to get to stream entry or get tantanalizingly close to it. 

Mechanistic meditation which many people do wont get you there. It is not mere numbers game as well. You need to unlock and get certain things in meditation and repeat these experience over and over again to drill in the message so that the deepest recesses of your psyche changes their worldview and structure.

One hour a day wont cut it. You gotta commit. Here is my latest post on a strategy you can use: 

If you were fully conscious, you'd be complaining that things are too obvious and boring.

You love the drama of being finite.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were fully conscious, you'd be complaining that things are too obvious and boring.

Have you felt this even in the higher states of god realization? I have felt so much satisfaction in my experiences of nonduality that I find it hard to believe.

Is it even possible that the Godhead feels boredom? Boredom is a slight negative emotion, not a nondual state.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

16 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

Have you felt this even in the higher states of god realization? I have felt so much satisfaction in my experiences of nonduality that I find it hard to believe.

Is it even possible that the Godhead feels boredom? Boredom is a slight negative emotion, not a nondual state.

It does not feel bordem in the human sense. But it will eventually tire of just being infinite.

How do you think you got finite?

Notice that God-mode in any game ruins the whole game. You think you want cheat codes, but actually you don't. The only reason sex is meaningful (or anything is meaningful) is because it's hard to get.

Edited by Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

God has a deep innate sense of imagination and creation ( of course, duh, its creation and absolute imagination itself).

So you can already imagine that it would be quite lame for God to always abide in a non-dual infinite state.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It does not feel bordem in the human sense. But it will eventually tire of just being infinite.

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I still can't feel this boredom when I reach higher states, only attraction for the nondual state.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In my direct experience I don't have the answer. I'm only certain of being "stuck" here in this no-place. It feels like my human life is a deep dark mystery. The only glimpse of answer I got was "I like the challenge of starting as a resentful loser and then becoming a loving and wise entity." Which is exactly why I have stopped resenting my victimized past and started feeling deep compassion for everyone. But... Yeah, in those peak states I feel like there's satisfaction in the challenge of "from loser to loving being". I've become such a bleeding heart since I've started spirituality 4 years ago, I can feel empathy even for insects (even though I don't like them and have a bias).

Your question is really deep, it's no joke. It triggered this profound reflection, I needed to write it out to you all :) 

On some level it's hard because now I feel too much compassion and it's making me a people pleaser xD I know you might say "compassion it's just a dream bla bla", ok, I'm not arguing.

But... yeah, I'm trying to convey what I can't convey.

In those states, sometimes even during your "hand meditations/inquiries", I get that devastating feeling that I'm not here to fuck around with a useless commoner life. I'm here because I am special. Not in the egoic sense. I'm special in the selfless meaning. I'm special because I can grow from resentment and hurt (my past) to share compassion with everything. The process of feeling love for insects even though I have strong biases has shocked me precisely because I got it from your famous hand meditation xDxDxD 

Yeah, I really needed to write this out. It's a really really vast and intricate question.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Something in between would be tremendous fun. I don't want to be in God mode. Expanded enough to have mastery over my emotions and state. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Something in between would be tremendous fun. I don't want to be in God mode. Expanded enough to have mastery over my emotions and state. 

Now realize this: That only has meaning and value because you have to struggle to build it. If it was handed to you for free, it would be worthless.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Now realize this: That only has meaning and value because you have to struggle to build it. If it was handed to you for free, it would be worthless.

That isn't always the case. I have been given gifts in the past that I cherished and valued. I don't think struggle is always necessary to appreciate something. 

@Leo Gura I actually enjoy god mode, it’s quite fun to play with it. It doesn’t ruin the game for me, matter of fact I prefer god mode to hard mode.

agreed, struggling for everything doesn’t create worth it in my eyes, it certainly can but I can enjoy most things and blessings/gifts the easy way, guess that’s just me. I like easy

Edited by Gidiot

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that God-mode in any game ruins the whole game. You think you want cheat codes, but actually you don't. The only reason sex is meaningful (or anything is meaningful) is because it's hard to get.

that's a completely human perspective. if you were a whale you would be out there swimming with your mouth open swallowing plankton and you would not get bored. Being bored is human. If you were a tree, you'd be bored to death then. sex has to be hard to be satisfying. Ah, so, all the stable couples in the world are disgusted by sex, since it has no challenge. too many computer games!

It's impossible to know anything. You will never know anything.

What does it mean to "know" anything? It only means you are at peace with something.

You will never know that you are God in its entirety. 

If you did, you would right now.

The only thing you could do is to expand your state of consciousness so that you can feel that you have understood relative to your previous stage of consciousness. 

God dosen't have anyone else around him to ask and verify any claims.

The only truth is being. The end. 

2 hours ago, Gidiot said:

@Leo Gura I actually enjoy god mode, it’s quite fun to play with it. It doesn’t ruin the game for me, matter of fact I prefer god mode to hard mode.

agreed, struggling for everything doesn’t create worth it in my eyes, it certainly can but I can enjoy most things and blessings/gifts the easy way, guess that’s just me. I like easy

Agreed, for me struggle is actually very unattractive and not very meaningful. Whats meaningful for me usually is something that is easy, I find meaning in the act and sensations itself, not due to how hard something is to get. In fact the easier something is for me to get the more I appreciate it because I did not go have to suffer for it. I don't appreciate the suffering. I've never for example found scarcity, struggle, and so on, appealing in any way. I like to take everything easy, I enjoy what comes most easy for me. Almost all of my lives most meaningful moments have been ones that I did not have to struggle to achieve. 

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@Bobby_2021

You can realize that there are beliefs that are equal to each other to extreme degrees. Insight is knowable. Insight doesn't have to be believable to be knowable. Original thought is knowable. How is original thought unknowable? 

You need original thought dude.

If you had original thought, you would know right now.

Language is knowable. Claiming we don't know what we are talking about is intellectually dishonest.

What I think is trying to be said is that you want knowing to serve a different purpose beyond what it does already. Stop that and start over. Unroot what you think knowing should do and define it to yourself. It comes off as implied bias that there is such a thing as not-knowing God.

You can know you are God once you invent the entire narrative about how you are inventing the narrative. A new big bang, a new evolution, society, a new dying process, and a new afterlife.

Or *deconstruct* :D what wasn't part of the point anyways.

Until then the universe hasn't begun for you.

The only truth is everything. The start

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

7 minutes ago, amanen said:

Almost all of my lives most meaningful moments have been ones that I did not have to struggle to achieve. 

If you ever had a goal that you set for yourself, did you suddenly find it less meaningful once you realized you had to struggle? Or have you never set the bar higher for what you hoped to achieve? Or has someone else persuaded you to suffer for something you didn't believe in at all? Or life for you has only been spontaneously meaningful in unplanned success meaningless?

You sound like my brother.

It's depressing and passionless in no unclear way to hear from him when he's like this. I can't want for him to be better. I just want him to be better.

If you don't care what I have to say then it only attests to the fact that you aren't willing to suffer someone else's recognition of your words consciously.

The word pathetic exists, used exclusively by humans in fact. Take a cold shower oh my days

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

fighting satisfies the ego, makes you feel powerful, capable, and important. the ego is vanity in great part, and with the fight it grows. there's nothing wrong with that, and a bit of a struggle from time to time is nice, but to say that god is bored and needs challenges...is a completely egotistical perspective.

Edited by Breakingthewall

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I’ve had many hours of fun with godmode in skyrim and minecraft. It’s just a different experience.

1 hour ago, vishnusavestheday said:

If you ever had a goal that you set for yourself, did you suddenly find it less meaningful once you realized you had to struggle? Or have you never set the bar higher for what you hoped to achieve? Or has someone else persuaded you to suffer for something you didn't believe in at all? Or life for you has only been spontaneously meaningful in unplanned success meaningless?

You sound like my brother.

It's depressing and passionless in no unclear way to hear from him when he's like this. I can't want for him to be better. I just want him to be better.

If you don't care what I have to say then it only attests to the fact that you aren't willing to suffer someone else's recognition of your words consciously.

The word pathetic exists, used exclusively by humans in fact. Take a cold shower oh my days

I don't set goals that I have to struggle for, so I don't know. I don't care for ambition, I have a very enjoyable life. I have a lot of hobbies such as programming and painting, but I do them because it is enjoyable and easy, not because I struggle with it. I wouldn't do it if it was a huge struggle. Nobody has persuaded me to suffer for causes I don't believe in. My life is very meaningful, and it is not hard at all. It would be depressing for me to go through struggles instead of enjoying myself.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What about AI art? it is handed to you effortlessly, yet you can enjoy and appreciate it. Tho If I am honest, creating art traditionally with lots of effort makes you appreciate it more. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi