Matthew85

If I am God, why isn't it easier to feel and know it?

60 posts in this topic

The experience of being a very limited being existing in an external world is so dominant and convincing. If I am God with infinite power shouldn't it be easier to sustain expanded states of consciousness? I will spend hours meditating to achieve an expanded state that usually only lasts a few hours until the limited self comes back. People take very powerful psychedelics only to achieve a temporary shift in state until the old state locks back into place. Why is that? If I am God, it seems it should be easier to feel and know it. 

This reminds me of when I had been lucid dreaming just before I experienced my first God realization that would stick with me. Where I knew I had to be in a sleeping dream, but the damn thing functioned like the waking world whenever I tried to control it or do something "impossible". I was so flustered when I returned to the waking state at how I couldn't control my own imagination/reality.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

36 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

If I am God with infinite power shouldn't it be easier to sustain expanded states of consciousness? I will spend hours meditating to achieve an expanded state that usually only lasts a few hours until the limited self comes back. People take very powerful psychedelics only to achieve a temporary shift in state until the old state locks back into place. Why is that? If I am God, it seems it should be easier to feel and know it. 

Notice that when you expect God to be this way, you are putting a limitation on God.

God can make things harder or easier. It can make itself question whether it is God or not. That's what it means to be God.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

because we are advancing against a conditioning forged in hundreds of thousands of generations of cain and abel, power, reproduction, slavery, submission. free human chimp is not nice

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

because we are advancing against a conditioning forged in hundreds of thousands of generations of cain and abel, power, reproduction, slavery, submission. free human chimp is not nice

Isn't this just a story that should be able to be transcended? 

13 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Notice that when you expect God to be this way, you are putting a limitation on God.

God can make things harder or easier. It can make itself question whether it is God or not. That's what it means to be God.

But if I am God and I prefer expanded states why am I making it so difficult to achieve and sustain? 

@JuliusCaesar Have you found any ways to achieve expanded states outside of psychedelics? They are not practical for every day use. 

31 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@JuliusCaesar Have you found any ways to achieve expanded states outside of psychedelics? They are not practical for every day use. 

Meditation and not dropping the technique outside of formal practice. You should also be going on multiple retreats per year, studying with masters, and relentlessly practicing. Dont expect 1 hour per day to cut it. But after a certain point, the practice takes a life of its own and starts exponentially compounding. Instead of chasing God, God will chase you, and then, well, poof. ?

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

Isn't this just a story that should be able to be transcended? 

Yes, could be transcended with tons of work, psychedelics to be able to deepen and having been born for it

16 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Meditation and not dropping the technique outside of formal practice. You should also be going on multiple retreats per year, studying with masters, and relentlessly practicing. Dont expect 1 hour per day to cut it. But after a certain point, the practice takes a life of its own and starts exponentially compounding. Instead of chasing God, God will chase you, and then, well, poof. ?

@Consilience I spent many years doing everything you mentioned and still only achieved temporary shifts. 

It still doesn't answer the question if I am God, why isn't it easier to feel and know it. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

57 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

But if I am God and I prefer expanded states why am I making it so difficult to achieve and sustain? 

The character never awakens.

Eventually, all the seeking will be recognised as already it

Apparently.

28 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Consilience I spent many years doing everything you mentioned and still only achieved temporary shifts. 

It still doesn't answer the question if I am God, why isn't it easier to feel and know it. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Not to be dismissive but I doubt you really did what Im referring to. The degree of work Im talking about is incredibly rare; you’ll be so busy contemplating and meditating, you wouldnt have any room for the type of shallow doubt you’re describing in your post. Moreover, if you’ve met legitimate masters, you know what is possible with manual practice. If not, seek a real master out. 

Edit: Leo once said in a blog post we should be going on silent retreats once a quarter. This is a good place to start. Having actually followed through the this advice the last 2.5 years, I can confirm it works. Have you thrown yourself in completely and utterly? Have you worked to build a lifestyle around this path? If not, you’re not going to wake up. There is a reason sages, mystics, monks, and yogis give up everything to pursue the truth. It is a full time endeavor. 

Edited by Consilience

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

What your ego prefers and what God prefers are separate things.

@Consilience I dedicated the majority of time to it for years traveling the world. We are already God right now. You shouldn't have to mediate several hours a day for 40 years to realize what you already are. 

2 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

What your ego prefers and what God prefers are separate things.

I don't agree. In my most expanded states I had no preference or biases. As God I wanted Matthew to have anything he desired.

13 minutes ago, Consilience said:

If not, you’re not going to wake up. There is a reason sages, mystics, monks, and yogis give up everything to pursue the truth. It is a full time endeavor. 

What does waking up mean to you?

The whole point of the human form is to experience the human limitations, and one of these limitations is the lower level of consciousness. It doesn't make sense for God to be living as a human and then be in a perpetual state of God consciousness by default that does not match the human form. The form is there to limit God's capability and consciousness into a specific form, in this case the human's. It's just what being human entails.

If you were an ant, do you think you could access God consciousness at all? Probably not. If you were something more advanced than a human, maybe a higher level of consciousness would come by default with it.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen I am not talking about being in God mode. Just expanded from the severe limitation. 

Those states are highly desirable and much preferred. 

14 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@amanen I am not talking about being in God mode. Just expanded from the severe limitation. 

Those states are highly desirable and much preferred. 

You're essentially asking why the dream functions in this a specific way. There really is no reason for this. Psychedelics and meditation just happen to be the things that work here. It just happens to be so that getting into expanded states usually requires meditation or psychedelics.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)