Tyler Robinson

Weed is extremely dangerous

81 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Weed is just as bad as alcohol.

LOL such an utterly ridiculous take. Alcohol is one of the most damaging drugs to both yourself and others on the entire planet.

Do whatever you want guys. 

I am not going to stop spreading the message. 

I know from first hand accounts that weed is dangerous, addictive and does a lot of harm long term. 

I have got no time to keep debating and arguing endlessly. You can enjoy your weed the fuck you want and keep arguing with me over peanuts. 

But my message might reach someone, at least one person here and if it stops them from being addicted to weed, I will consider it mission half accomplished. 

I'm not closed minded on weed. But I have seen too much to not ignore it anymore. 

If you're doing weed, make sure you do it occasionally. 

Because it's highly addictive and regular consumption will change you over time and you won't like what you will become. 

Take my message or leave it. Who gives a fuck. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Take it or leave it. And your negative opinions don't phase me a bit. I'm staunch on this. 

I'm done with the thread. 

If I get more info on the dangers of weed I'll keep posting in the future. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

Don't you realize that everyone is different? It's not up to you to decide whether people should or shouldn't smoke marijuana. Lmao

I have had some of the most incredible experiences on weed. Weed is what opened my mind to spirituality. It basically activated my intuition.

No one here would argue that there aren't any dangers with its use. It's about mitigating risk through awareness, common sense, and ideally buds with a more balanced THC to CBD ratio. Most issues happen through 1) the THC is too high in the buds 2) you've smoked too much

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

Just now, tezk said:

Don't you realize that everyone is different? It's not up to you to decide whether people should or shouldn't smoke marijuana. Lmao

I have had some of the most incredible experiences on weed. Weed is what opened my mind to spirituality. It basically activated my intuition.

No one here would argue that there aren't any dangers with its use. It's about mitigating risk through awareness, common sense, and ideally buds with a more balanced THC to CBD ratio. Most issues happen through 1) the THC is too high in the buds 2) you've smoked too much

I have never mentioned that occasional use is harmful. Sure use it occasionally if it gave you a spiritual spike 

Occasional use of high dose caffeine has helped me too. 

But that doesn't mean that I'll tell people to regularly consume caffeine. 

It's same with Marijuana. 

The most dangerous and most common unchallenged assumption on Marijuana is that it's considered apparently non lethal and casually harmless. This is wrong. It is not what it appears. It's a hidden drug. It does harm just like alcohol. But just like alcohol it works silently and it takes significantly long periods of consistent use to actually see it altering behavior. 

It's no worse than smoking and drinking. 

The major problem being that most people flippantly believe it to be less dangerous to smoking or drinking which is a huge myth. 

♡✸♡.

1 minute ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I have never mentioned that occasional use is harmful. Sure use it occasionally if it gave you a spiritual spike 

Occasional use of high dose caffeine has helped me too. 

But that doesn't mean that I'll tell people to regularly consume caffeine. 

It's same with Marijuana. 

The most dangerous and most common unchallenged assumption on Marijuana is that it's considered apparently non lethal and casually harmless. This is wrong. It is not what it appears. It's a hidden drug. It does harm just like alcohol. But just like alcohol it works silently and it takes significantly long periods of consistent use to actually see it altering behavior. 

It's no worse than smoking and drinking. 

The major problem being that most people flippantly believe it to be less dangerous to smoking or drinking which is a huge myth. 

I agree with you that many people are probably a bit uninformed and flippant about the potential risks with weed, especially for certain individuals. But keep in mind, the general societal stigma and viewpoint of weed for a long time has been that it is extremely dangerous and therefore illegal, hence why it is still illegal under so many governments. In some sense, what you are pushing right now with this thread, has already been pushed to death by governments for decades. Danger isn't the full story though, so it is understandable why a lot of people are pushing for legalization i.e., it has had a positive effect on so many people, many people are able to tolerate / use it without becoming addicted / it's a net benefit for many.

A better approach would be to inform people of potential dangers while at the same time informing them of possible benefits. Both are very real, and will vary depending upon the individual, their circumstances, mental health, genetics, etc.

What would you consider occasional use though? I think it's gonna vary from person to person. 

There was a time period in my life when I was smoking at least once or twice a week for probably a year. Always with my buddies. Sometimes would miss a week. One of the best years of my life to date (obviously wasn't just the weed, other factors too which made it an awesome year of my life). It's true that for some people, something like this could spiral into an addiction. For me, that wasn't the case at all. I haven't smoked in years.

Another side note to those who care to listen. 

Bipolar people are very attracted/drawn to weed. 

My mother is bipolar and she consumed weed at some point and I stopped her immediately. 

My two ex boyfriends were bipolar and they were both addicted to weed. Most bipolar people I know are weirdly drawn to weed (God knows for what reason).. 

But I care about these people. Also a friend of mine who was bipolar was addicted to weed. 

If you're bipolar, weed can make your symptoms worse not better.. 

It's a casual assumption that weed helps with bipolar. I would recommend against it even if it appears to temporarily calm you down. 

Long term it makes bipolar thousand times worse 

Bipolar folks should not consume weed. 

Most people I associated with in the past were bipolar and addicted to weed. Every single one of them. It was almost like a rite of passage of sorts. They love this stuff and it fucks them up. 

Without them realizing it. 

♡✸♡.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

If that were true then wouldn't it be legalized? I would say that the majority of people still believe smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol are safer than smoking weed, hence why weed is still illegal in most countries while alcohol and cigarettes are perfectly ok. 

I think what you mean is that many people pushing for legalization / pro-weed can sometimes be a bit flippant on the potential risks. This is true, but we've got some making up to do to balance out the enormous negative stigma xD

5 minutes ago, tezk said:

I agree with you that many people are probably a bit uninformed and flippant about the potential risks with weed, especially for certain individuals. But keep in mind, the general societal stigma and viewpoint of weed for a long time has been that it is extremely dangerous and therefore illegal, hence why it is still illegal under so many governments. In some sense, what you are pushing right now with this thread, has already been pushed to death by governments for decades. Danger isn't the full story though, so it is understandable why a lot of people are pushing for legalization i.e., it has had a positive effect on so many people, many people are able to tolerate / use it without becoming addicted / it's a net benefit for many.

A better approach would be to inform people of potential dangers while at the same time informing them of possible benefits. Both are very real, and will vary depending upon the individual, their circumstances, mental health, genetics, etc.

What would you consider occasional use though? I think it's gonna vary from person to person. 

There was a time period in my life when I was smoking at least once or twice a week for probably a year. Always with my buddies. Sometimes would miss a week. One of the best years of my life to date (obviously wasn't just the weed, other factors too which made it an awesome year of my life). It's true that for some people, something like this could spiral into an addiction. For me, that wasn't the case at all. I haven't smoked in years.

There's a strange relationship between weed and society. It's like a person who was always hated rises to the top and becomes the ultimate underdog. Yet when he begins to fail, people realize why he was hated in the first place. The problem being that of counter intuition. It plays games with your mind. If something is deeply hated, people begin to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find reasons to love it, almost out of pity. Human nature. Then as time passes by, the true colors are shown and it takes significantly long periods of time for the pendulum to swing back to the old position, this is the course of almost every historical movement. 

Take feminism.. It was hated in the beginning and then it rose to a peak in the 80s and now we see a resurgence in the criticism of feminism. 

These is how almost everything has worked for humanity. 

It's synonymous to the story of Trump's rise to the presidency and the eventual debacle. 

After decades people will realize that Marijuana is just as bad and there was a ring of truth somewhere. 

♡✸♡.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Another side note to those who care to listen. 

Bipolar people are very attracted/drawn to weed. 

My mother is bipolar and she consumed weed at some point and I stopped her immediately. 

My two ex boyfriends were bipolar and they were both addicted to weed. Most bipolar people I know are weirdly drawn to weed (God knows for what reason).. 

But I care about these people. Also a friend of mine who was bipolar was addicted to weed. 

If you're bipolar, weed can make your symptoms worse not better.. 

It's a casual assumption that weed helps with bipolar. I would recommend against it even if it appears to temporarily calm you down. 

Long term it makes bipolar thousand times worse 

Bipolar folks should not consume weed. 

Most people I associated with in the past were bipolar and addicted to weed. Every single one of them. It was almost like a rite of passage of sorts. They love this stuff and it fucks them up. 

Without them realizing it. 

Yup there is no doubt weed is not for everyone. It can exacerbate issues. It can cause psychosis and all sorts of mental breaks.

I personally believe the THC to CBD ratio has an enormous effect on this though. Much of the weed nowadays has been bred in such a way that the THC is way too high (the high from weed) while the CBD is too low (the relaxation effects). I've spoken to older generations and they say that the weed they had back in their day was nothing like it is today. It was much more mellow. 

3 minutes ago, tezk said:

This is true, but we've got some making up to do to balance out the enormous negative stigma xD

Actually and surprisingly weed does not have a negative stigma. Weed is a hell of an anomaly. It's like a seductress, the Jezebel of drugs. 

Even people who were severely addicted to it, actually vouched in its favor. 

It has a curious hold on people. In fact most people admit that cigs and alcohol are dangerous, despite them being legal. 

You have cigarette cartons that say smoking is dangerous, namesake disclaimers but still disclaimers. 

Have you ever seen a pouch of weed with a disclaimer - "weed is dangerous." 

That should tell you how acceptable and normalized weed is.. 

Isn't this thread an evidence that most people don't view weed negatively? 

♡✸♡.

And I'm good at smelling those sneaky Jezebels that always get away. :P

♡✸♡.

6 minutes ago, tezk said:

personally believe the THC to CBD ratio has an enormous effect on this though

I had a notification a week ago in my YouTube feed that said that the weed currently in circulation is very high in THC and this is dangerous. 

♡✸♡.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Isn't this thread an evidence that most people don't view weed negatively?

No it's not because the majority of people on this forum are going to be more open-minded, progressive, and loose when it comes to this topic. You are basically asking a bunch of hippies if weed is good for you. Of course you are going to get responses that are pro-weed. That does not reflect the majority opinion of the entire population.

Edited by tezk

Just now, tezk said:

No it's not because the majority of people on this forum are going to be more open-minded, progressive, and loose when it comes to this topic. You are basically asking a bunch of hippies if weed is good for you. Of course you are going to get responses that are pro-weed.

That's the whole point. Hippies are not necessarily the most knowledgeable people on planet earth. 

Btw I'm a hippie myself. But I'm slightly more logical and more aware than my other hippie friends here. 

I haven't lost myself yet. 

♡✸♡.

I'm going to keep posting the dangers of weed on this thread and I'm not going to stop even if the whole forum is against it 

I don't care. I care about people's well being more than any backlash 

♡✸♡.

I think you have a massive confirmation bias going on here.

You've obviously met a lot of people who have had negative experiences with weed, which certainly does happen.

The fact of the matter is, is that there are so many cases of people who have had incredibly positive experiences with weed. Many people do not become addicted to it and can safely use it in a responsible way even over a long-term period. This is just a fact. If you don't acknowledge this, you are incredibly naïve on the topic.

That's all it really boils down to.

I've had lots of incredible experiences with it, and also shitty experiences. I've met people who have had amazing times, I've met people who just became anxious on it. I've spoken to people who use it occasionally and have their life together. I've spoken to people who are clearly addicted, and probably don't have their life together. 

When you say "bad", that's just not the full entire story.

You are entitled to your opinion though :D

@tezk even if it's a bias, at least it's partially true if few people I met were addicted to it. 

The matter of the fact rather is —

How much of a coincidence is it that each one of the few people I met had problems with weed? 

Is it that I coincidentally met only those people who were addicted to weed? Or there's a hidden problem that's being purposely ignored because truth will stop people from wanting weed. 

It could be either my own bias at play or the greater dissonance of people at large who don't like to be challenged on their fancy beliefs. 

Children don't like to be told candy is bad. 

♡✸♡.

55 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

How much of a coincidence is it that each one of the few people I met had problems with weed? 

There are literally hundreds of millions of people on the planet that smoke weed. The "few people you met" is an incredibly small sample size. And these are only the people who outwardly have a problem with it. You've probably met a higher number of people who've smoked that you aren't even aware of because they're just going about their life as normal and the topic never came up.

Edited by thepixelmonk

3 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

My friends used to do weed. I've seen many people whose lives have been turned upside down. 

Dumb/messed-up people will fuck up their life with anything they can.

Psychedelics are not for those people.