r0ckyreed

Deconstructing Buddhism: Simple Reasons Why Buddhism Is False

195 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura Then how do we navigate the issue of self deception that can arise while pursuing this work? Don't you feel delusion and self deception can occur while seeking awakening? 

Reality is an Absolute Self-Deception.

You navigate it by realizing that everything is your mind reflected back at you because there's nothing else.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason a flat-earther is wrong is because his own mind is actually imagining the Earth as round, even though is ego mind believes the Earth is flat. So he's wrong simply because he's wrong about his own imagination. But in point of fact the whole Earth only exists in your Mind.

I think I get you.  It is like my subconscious mind is constructing a round earth and everything, and then my ego mind or my conscious part of the mind is believing or imagining that the earth is flat or round.  I am constructing the world through subconscious mind but the conscious mind or ego is not aware that it is?  I am growing trees right now with my mind because they are my mind, but I (ego, conscious mind) am not aware how I am doing it in the same way that my subconscious mind is growing my hair but I, the conscious mind, don't know how I am doing it.  Of course this unconscious and conscious minds are an imaginary duality.  I think I got it.  There is no difference between me growing hair and me growing trees.  There is no difference between me creating reality and me creating thoughts.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You navigate it by realizing that everything is your mind reflected back at you because there's nothing else.

@Leo Gura Seems delusion is still very possible and tricky to navigate. Using the example of the flat earthier. He has a deluded belief, but because he firmly believes it, he will find evidence of it being reflected back to him from reality. 

24 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I think I get you.  It is like my subconscious mind is constructing a round earth and everything, and then my ego mind or my conscious part of the mind is believing or imagining that the earth is flat or round.  I am constructing the world through subconscious mind but the conscious mind or ego is not aware that it is?  I am growing trees right now with my mind because they are my mind, but I (ego, conscious mind) am not aware how I am doing it in the same way that my subconscious mind is growing my hair but I, the conscious mind, don't know how I am doing it.  Of course this unconscious and conscious minds are an imaginary duality.  I think I got it.  There is no difference between me growing hair and me growing trees.  There is no difference between me creating reality and me creating thoughts.

You got it!!!! The no self....would be your subconscious, and your self would be the conscious. That which observes, or is conscious of what is going on could be called the self, and that which just happens....thoughts, emotions, sensations....functionality...the no self. Your no self controls your hands....but as you observe your hands move your self takes credit for it and says I did that. But I could get your conscious awareness to fuse with the no self through hypnosis, and it could move its hands without even knowing how its doing it. 

One example is breathing...you can put your awareness on your breathing and take a deep slow breaths, or short rapid breaths, and you delude yourself into thinking that "you" breathe. Yet you can go to sleep and NOT forget to breathe. So that is proof you NEVER needed a YOU to breathe. So people will claim to you that....see there is no you!!! They will claim it is a thought. But notice....you can close your eyes, stop thinking...and you are still aware....that you ARE or IS. Even when you have a dreamless sleep which is literally NON-EXISTENCE. You are AWARE when you wake up that you were OUT. So....there is a self. That self....is awareness. It just has two parts. The part that it is not aware of that happens....and the part that is aware...of the happenings. Now when that distinction is broken....it becomes full aware of all its happenings on every level....but now....it has no distinction....now it cannot know itself. It becomes so unified....it just is...... to have knowledge.....you need a relation. 

What is tall? But a relation. What is hot? But a relation. You get where I am going.....you need an other in relation to a self....to know....self. This you call LIFE!!! We take it so for granted this thing call life. 

Love is the no self....the part that sticks....what do you think addiction is? Notice how addicts have no control? They can't help themselves....it just happens...LOL!!! They have to exercise restraint, the conscious part....to wean themselves off. We are all addicts by the way with something. You are either a thinking, or feeling addict or both!! Lol!!! You love to think, or you love to feel!!! Or maybe a unique combination of both!! And...you can't help it!!! It is just who you are you say!!! Lol!!! So the ego...is just a unique construction...of God's infinite love. Then it gets so stuck (in love) with its construction...it becomes REAL!!! Realness is Love!! Illusion...is judgment or disassociation. 

Ever notice how someone will tell you... THIS IS REAL MUSIC!!! Not that fake crap you listen to!!!! Lol!!! Gotta love it!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not how Truth works. You are trying to turn Truth into a concept. Truth is whatever is presently occurring. Truth has nothing to do with "unchanging". This is a very common Buddhist mistake.

Your relentless bashing and misrepresentation of Buddhism is astounding. ? 

20 minutes ago, Consilience said:

And complete ignorance of what is meant by “unchanging” which reveals he doesn’t actually know The Absolute. 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

You got it!!!! The no self....would be your subconscious, and your self would be the conscious.

It makes much more sense now to think of God as the subconscious and ego as the conscious part of Mind.  But then again, this useful model isn't God.  I must throw away all models and maps in the end, but I will start with what I got for now.  At least I arrived at my own conclusion and made that understanding my own.  It makes it all seem more truthful than blindly believing in the model of Buddhism. ;) 

I even see the issue deeper now.  Truth is so personal and private.  It cannot be shared with anyone because to even talk about it or think about it is to model it and all models aren't the experience itself.  All models and beliefs are ultimately untrue.  Saying it as subconscious and conscious helps me make sense of It but may be interpreted in many ways that limit It.

Buddhism is another model.  It has its own utility.  It has greatly helped me understand my own suffering.  Buddhism has been very inspirational for me to meditate and to become a healer.  Buddhism has gifted me a beautiful perspective into the natures of suffering, happiness, and self.  The first time I studied Buddhism in college, I loved it.  I fell in love with it.  I became attached to it and considered myself a Buddhist but I realized that I was just playing another ego game of attaching to another thought system.  I deconstruct Buddhism not because I hate it but because I care about truth more.  If there is even such a thing as a true Buddhist, then I think they would share a similar love for truth and detachment from all belief-systems including Buddhism itself. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

There is not a single original thing Leo said, everything is out there. His business is just spinning it in different ways and shitting on all those other teachings to keep people coming back. It’s kinda funny how people keep coming back... he’s got you hungry for awakening which is fine but the way he goes about it completely turns me off. 

Even his energy seems very constricted recently, in his videos his face is not relaxed it’s constantly squinting and his embodiment is quite bad. It will keep turning people off. But that’s fine this forum is such an entertaining place because of his arrogance. 

5 hours ago, kieranperez said:

And complete ignorance of what is meant by “unchanging” which reveals he doesn’t actually know The Absolute. 

I guess he knows that infinity is unchanging, because it contents all possible change. nothing can be added or changed to infinity. but it is immutable in perpetual motion, so it mutates in some way, although really it is always the same

Edited by Breakingthewall

17 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Buddhism demonizes thought.

"When disturbing thoughts arise simply say "I love you" to them all. This will disempower them and reveal their insubstantial nature. When we love everything that arises in the mind equally, then we love the entire world!"

6 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura Seems delusion is still very possible and tricky to navigate. Using the example of the flat earthier. He has a deluded belief, but because he firmly believes it, he will find evidence of it being reflected back to him from reality. 

Yes, self-deception is always possible. But so is Awakening.

5 hours ago, Consilience said:

Just read the comment right below yours and you see the silliness I was refering to. You say I bash Buddhism yet you Buddhist defenders cannot even render a proper articulation of Truth. So you embarass yourselves.

You guys simply aren't conscious of what Truth is. Because you follow bad Buddhist group-think. We've explained all this before and you're still stuck on it.

You think you're being clever here but you ain't. Anyhow, I'm not gonna argue with you about it.

Meditate all you want, reach all the Jhanas you want, dream all the cessations you want -- but it will not Awaken you.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Taking full responsibility over my own intellectual/spiritual path, along with daily contemplation has been the greatest experience of my life. So much suffering is caused by outsourcing that.

If you had to do it again and start over, how would you go about it? How do you start doing this? 

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@Meta-Man

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

@Consilience

It has nothing to do with Buddhism or any tradition or lineage. It is what every earnest Truth seeker will come to discover regardless of the path they take. The Truth is the Truth is the Truth. It has always been the same Truth. You are not going to discover anything other than what all the sages throughout history have done before. I'm sorry if this breaks your heart. But that is how it is, was and always will be.

The Truth indeed IS the Truth, eternal and infinite.

However, to claim that we cannot discover anything new is false.

Discovery is never ending, there are always new Absolute Vistas to encounter and to explore.

Please, check up Sri Aurobindo and his books.

For example, Aurobindo discovered that Nirvana is just one of the first steps of spiritual Realizations, and there is much much more then that. Don't get me wrong, to realize Nirvana is something very astonishing, but it is not a culminating finale.

We shouldn't lock ourselves up in some small thought system. If we do that, we can miss Eternity...

FYI, every deeper awakening is brand new, cause you're the only one having it.

If you could not discover new, higher orders of Infinity, Infinity would not be Infinite.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, self-deception is always possible. But so is Awakening.

Just read the comment right below yours and you see the silliness I was refering to. You say I bash Buddhism yet you Buddhist defenders cannot even render a proper articulation of Truth. So you embarass yourselves.

You guys simply aren't conscious of what Truth is. Because you follow bad Buddhist group-think. We've explained all this before and you're still stuck on it.

You think you're being clever here but you ain't. Anyhow, I'm not gonna argue with you about it.

Meditate all you want, reach all the Jhanas you want, dream all the cessations you want -- but it will not Awaken you.

I literally have no idea what you class as awakening anymore, you just use the term without defining it or explaining what you mean.

Awaken to the fact that you are God dreaming the entirety of this universe? -> I had an experience where I became a void like an infinite black screen, and on this screen was an infinitesemelly small part of it, and in this infinestimelly small part was our entire universe from the big bang, and with a mere shake of leaf the entire universe could be changed or vanish. What next??

Ralized I am God, and that since my 'birth' very single moment and everything in it, have been imagined by my Mind to create 'me' and help me

Been given all the reasons and insihgt why this dream, why planet earth, all the answers to all these questions

I honestly don't know what you want people to do or achieve

I was given the option to merge back into an singulairty, but of course, what then? where is there to go

The highest awakening I had is: this moment right now is Perfect, there is no where else worth going, nothing else worht dreaming, you are completely safe, let go

Can you at least explain what you mean when you use the term Awaken

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

FYI, every deeper awakening is brand new, cause you're the only one having it.

If you could not discover new, higher orders of Infinity, Infinity would not be Infinite.

You are enjoying approaching awakening like a science. Nothing wrong or right with it. It's probably very fun.

Seek and ye shall find. Atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, quarks, pentaquarks... infinity has no end, naturally.

Apparently.

18 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Notice that there is an assumption that Truth = Suffering (or the overcoming of suffering).  But what if suffering and the overcoming of it is part of the distraction to keep one away from pursuing Truth?

I think you overemphasize on the word Truth here. What buddhism acknowledge, is that suffering is the root cause to all problem. So the most worthwhile cause is to dedicate one's life to relieve suffering to the highest degree possible. And that is a very real and pragmatic goal from a human perspective. Especially when you compare it to alot of other "truths" out there that rely more on greater and grandiose promisses in the future that tell you that it will triumph over all other teachings.

If I where to take a guess, I belive that a buddhist would be more inclined to say that compassion is the way of life. And to relieve suffering is the method for how to follow that path in a more tangible sense that anyone can initially come to understand.

3 hours ago, Luminescence said:

There is not a single original thing Leo said, everything is out there. His business is just spinning it in different ways and shitting on all those other teachings to keep people coming back. It’s kinda funny how people keep coming back... he’s got you hungry for awakening which is fine but the way he goes about it completely turns me off. 

Even his energy seems very constricted recently, in his videos his face is not relaxed it’s constantly squinting and his embodiment is quite bad. It will keep turning people off. But that’s fine this forum is such an entertaining place because of his arrogance. 

1. You see what you are. If he is arrogant...then it is just your arrogance recognizing his arrogance. 

2. A con artist cannot be tricked by a con artist...because he too being a con artist can recognize the con. To recognize something, is to see your own reflection in it. 

3. The problem is....since Leo is you, if you think him arrogant then you think yourself arrogance. 

4. Another thing...what is wrong with arrogance? An arrogant man, can never be led astray by others, he can only be led astray by himself. A humble man, is everyone's servant/slave. A humble man will never speak up, he is always peaceful and thus no threat which is why everyone likes him. A humble man is never honest. An arrogant man does not care about fitting in, he speaks his mind regardless.

Jesus was often described as being humble at times....and he was. But he was often seen as arrogant.

https://biblehub.com/bsb/matthew/21.htm#12

Jesus once fashioned a whip out of chords and drove everyone out of the temple telling them this is my father's house. So....Jesus is also considered arrogant.

Arrogance is the belief that you know better, so you push for others to change. Right now your speech is no different than Leo's you just stated you know better...so you too are arrogant. You were just a hypocrite. Which means....you are full of shit. LOL!!! I am also full of shit for pointing this out. The difference is....I am more honest than you, cause I can admit this....you won't. There is nothing wrong with arrogance...but there is something wrong with pretending you are different.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@bambi

31 minutes ago, bambi said:

I literally have no idea what you class as awakening anymore, you just use the term without defining it or explaining what you mean.

Awaken to the fact that you are God dreaming the entirety of this universe? -> I had an experience where I became a void like an infinite black screen, and on this screen was an infinitesemelly small part of it, and in this infinestimelly small part was our entire universe from the big bang, and with a mere shake of leaf the entire universe could be changed or vanish. What next??

Ralized I am God, and that since my 'birth' very single moment and everything in it, have been imagined by my Mind to create 'me' and help me

Been given all the reasons and insihgt why this dream, why planet earth, all the answers to all these questions

I honestly don't know what you want people to do or achieve

I was given the option to merge back into an singulairty, but of course, what then? where is there to go

The highest awakening I had is: this moment right now is Perfect, there is no where else worth going, nothing else worht dreaming, you are completely safe, let go

Wow! That was very profound experience!

@Razard86 my man... I know this game all to well. Sorry I won’t get into this with you because existence is to beautiful for me to play games on this forum. All you need to know is I Love you and I wish for you to have a beautiful day. ❤️