r0ckyreed

Deconstructing Buddhism: Simple Reasons Why Buddhism Is False

195 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, amanen said:

I have actually have had experiences that were completely undifferentiated and unpolarized states of nondual consciousness, where there was just nothing infinitely, pure potential, pure rest. I am curious as to why you call it a non-experience? Or do you mean something else than this? As far as I have found out, there is no such thing as non-experience, only experience. Even this undifferentiated void is experience.

Experience is simply a misapprehension of appearance. No observer is required, nor has there ever been one.

Apparently.

13 minutes ago, bambi said:

There is a place of mind, that cannot be spoke about, or communicated, as it is a non experience, think about when you go into deep sleep at night. Think about where every previous state of conciousness goes

This is different form Nothingness, this is a complete cessation of Mind 

non-experience does not exist. therefore, experience is all there is. there may be a moment of experience flanked by abysses of non-existence. that instant will be infinite since it is what exists. time is a fiction, but existence is not, so an instant of existence is eternal existence, since its limits do not exist

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

non-experience does not exist. therefore, experience is all there is. there may be a moment of experience flanked by abysses of non-existence. that instant will be infinite since it is what exists. time is a fiction, but existence is not, so an instant of existence is eternal existence, since its limits do not exist

non experience does not exist by definition.

But there is a place in Mind where there is no experience, you can't say it exists or doesn't exist, it cant even be spoken about, but it is there, I have seen it myself, it's such a paraodixcal place of Mind, it is incredible that is even there, but it is, don't know what else to say apart from your can see for yourself

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

non-experience does not exist. therefore, experience is all there is. 

Experience does not exist. Therefore, non-experience is all there is.

Apparently.

Why are you so attached to Buddhism? 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

33 minutes ago, axiom said:

Experience is simply a misapprehension of appearance. No observer is required, nor has there ever been one.

I am not talking about observer. Experience does not require an observer, it is more like a process of experiencing. When I say experience I mean the same thing when you say appearance, I thought we already went through this word-game earlier in some other thread. 

19 minutes ago, bambi said:

non experience does not exist by definition.

But there is a place in Mind where there is no experience, you can't say it exists or doesn't exist, it cant even be spoken about, but it is there, I have seen it myself, it's such a paraodixcal place of Mind, it is incredible that is even there, but it is, don't know what else to say apart from your can see for yourself

Then we meant the same thing, this is what I was talking about too.

I was reading the PDF that you sent and found the 8th jhana to describe the state I was trying to describe most adequately: 

The Mind-Base of Neither-Perception-Nor-Non-Perception.
Within the perception of nothingness lies the perception of not even
nothing! If the mind is subtle enough to see this feature, then the
perception of nothingness disappears and is replaced by the perception
of neither perception nor no perception. All that one can say about this
fourth immaterial attainment is that it is, in fact, a perception.

This is what I meant.

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

Experience does not exist. Therefore, non-experience is all there is.

Even the total emptiness is an experience, experience of being. How is possible the non experience?

The only thing that's true is the truth.

So yeah, -isms are false specially because they approach the matter superficially, intellectually. A lot of people want the convenience of just having to choose and adopt a belief system of their liking.

Even if the -ism is based on an individual that was authentically realized, it inevitably degrades into dogma as that's what the masses tend to do with any teaching.

That said, Buddha's teachings are genuine and profound. They may empower your work in various ways. For me, they're simply inspiring.

No need to become a Buddhist (whatever that entails in actuality) in order to benefit from its teachings.

Just, you know, kill the Buddha in the end. Which is to say set your so-called "knowledge" aside when contemplating your own experience.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Even the total emptiness is an experience, experience of being. How is possible the non experience?

Most people seem to use the word "experience" to refer to an experience of something. This is a subtle duality.

There is actually no experience of anything.
There are only things appearing directly.
The thing that seems to be looking is not looking.
What seems to be awareness is just an appearance. 
It's all appearance. All the way down, up, sideways, on every axis.

Apparently.

4 minutes ago, axiom said:

Most people seem to use the word "experience" to refer to an experience of something. This is a subtle duality.

There is actually no experience of anything.
There are only things appearing directly.
The thing that seems to be looking is not looking.
What seems to be awareness is just an appearance. 
It's all appearance. All the way down, up, sideways, on every axis.

Yes, it's not you experiencing something, it's the experience happening, and inside the experience it's the you seeming that is experiencing. True that the word experience suggest duality. So let's say existence. But, the eternal discussion, if you realize that the you isn't real, same time you realize that you are the whole experience that is happening. Without any energy of desire or attachment, but still you. Always you. Even the absolute zero is you, but in a very different sense

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

True that the word experience suggest duality. So let's say existence.

Existence... nice!

23 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

if you realize that the you isn't real, same time you realize that you are the whole experience that is happening.

No. 
No no no.
NO! :)

Apparently.

@bambi Dude, Ingram teaches all those Jhanas. That's not God-Realization.

Your cessations are all imaginary. Consciousness does not cease. You are swimming in a Buddhist dream.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can become so conscious that you'll realize that this planet and all the humans on it are just a figment of your mind.

@Leo Gura You must have felt like you were going insane when you first awakened to some of these insights. What did you use as your guide or barometer to determine their validity? Seems very challenging. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura What did you use as your guide or barometer to determine their validity?

There is no barometer. Your mind is Absolute. Whatever you imagine becomes Absolute Truth.

If you imagine that reality is made out of little hairy dicks, that's what becomes absolutely true.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura It sounds like your perspective has evolved from when you discussed absolute truths. Do you feel there are any absolute unchanging truths that are always true under all circumstances? 

You have also talked in depth about self deception in doing this work. Isn't that an issue? 

Edited by Matthew85

@Leo Gura I thought your new awakening course was about God realization.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no barometer. Your mind is Absolute. Whatever you imagine becomes Absolute Truth.

If you imagine that reality is made out of little hairy dicks, that's what becomes absolutely true.

I am not sure I follow because flat-earthers imagine the earth to be flat from space and round-earthers imagine the earth to be round from space.  I don't know if earth is flat or round, but the shape of the earth doesn't depend on my belief of it.  Likewise, the earth being stacked on by turtles is a belief and not what is absolutely true.  The mind can delude itself about what is the case. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

14 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura It sounds like your perspective has evolved from when you discussed absolute truths. Do you feel there are any absolute unchanging truths that are always true under all circumstances? 

That's not how Truth works. You are trying to turn Truth into a concept. Truth is whatever is presently occurring. Truth has nothing to do with "unchanging". This is a very common Buddhist mistake.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Leo Gura I thought your new awakening course was about God realization.

It is.

12 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I am not sure I follow because flat-earthers imagine the earth to be flat from space and round-earthers imagine the earth to be round from space.  I don't know if earth is flat or round, but the shape of the earth doesn't depend on my belief of it.  Likewise, the earth being stacked on by turtles is a belief and not what is absolutely true.  The mind can delude itself about what is the case. 

The ego mind is incapable of the depths of imagination I am talking about. Mere belief is not enough. You have to reach a level of imagination as deep as the one imagining the physical laws. You are not conscious enough to unimagine the physical laws. But the physical laws are imaginary.

The reason a flat-earther is wrong is because his own mind is actually imagining the Earth as round, even though is ego mind believes the Earth is flat. So he's wrong simply because he's wrong about his own imagination. But in point of fact the whole Earth only exists in your Mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

That's  not how Truth works. You are trying to turn Truth into a concept. Truth is whatever is presently occurring. Truth has nothing to do with "unchanging"

@Leo Gura Then how do we navigate the issue of self deception that can arise while pursuing this work? Don't you feel delusion and self deception can occur while seeking awakening?