r0ckyreed

Deconstructing Buddhism: Simple Reasons Why Buddhism Is False

195 posts in this topic

Maybe they are not concerned about Truth because truth is a mind construction and therefore false? When you are conscious af this truth vs false distinction or the "ultimate truth" idea does not make sense, these are ego stories.

45 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

The Buddha didn’t speak about God for many reasons.

Maybe the simplest reason is that the Buddha never existed by as an idea in your mind or that Buddha did not understand God.

Truth is that which liberates suffering.

Big assumption.  I already covered that in my original post.  How do you know what Truth is?  You already assume you know what Truth is.  That is a question mark.  If you already have the Truth, then why be so defensive and adamant of Buddhism.  You are lost in thought.  Buddhism is a thought system.

So this idea that those are engaged in Buddhist practice aren’t concerned with Truth is ignorance.

The opposite is the case.

As far as whether or not the Buddha ever existed, again, I’ve yet to meet a single Buddhist practitioner who wasn't open to such a possibility. Thought is more convincing evidence of his historical existence than say someone like Jesus.

Sure some may appear to be open to the idea that the Buddha never existed or the Buddha never being enlightened.  But they don't take that idea seriously.  If they did, they wouldn't spend years in a monastery parroting the ideas of someone who could never have existed or never have been enlightened.  That kind of commitment takes a certain amount of ignorance.  Lol.

Another point is, Buddhism doesn’t do anything. People do. It’s about as dumb as saying, “well science says ___!!” Science doesn’t say anything. Certain particular scientists that do science say certain things. Who are you actually referring to when you make these criticisms?

Dude.  Buddhism is and modern science are belief-systems.  They are conceptual in nature.  Buddhism and science depend on belief and thought.  And like I said before, no thought or belief is the Truth.  Truth is what remains after you kill Buddhism and all your beliefs/thoughts.

And this idea that you think you’re some sovereign individual that’s just doing his own thing and doing something new is just silly. The very kind that believes it’s contemplating for itself (first off doesn’t even exist - so that’s total delusion right from the start) is completely made up of language and other more subtle forms of mental impressions that al comes from the so called “outside”. So, who is this so called separate entity that believes is so damn sovereign?  Because that’s really the heart of the assumption yet again. You are not coming up with something new or original as there is nothing truly new or original in and of itself. All the books you read, all the videos you watch, everything thought you have, every view, every attitude isn’t “yours” and it can always be traced to stuff outside.

Sounds like a lot of projection, assumption, and justification to give away your intellectual autonomy.  Good luck.  

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

I think the OP has run into some misconceptions of Buddhism by paying too much attention to low-quality modern “Buddhists”. 

He even says “Suffering is a distraction from Truth.” Which certainly resonates with my perspective. If that statement is true, wouldn’t eradicating your personal suffering make it easier to pursue Truth, since then there would no longer be that large distraction? ? If any of you reading this are honest with yourselves, you can admit that you still likely have some degree of suffering, and the states brought about by this suffering are usually not as “high-conscious” as states without suffering tend to be. 

The truth is that trying to pursue Truth while in low-conscious states of mind, brought about by personal storylines and unhelpful ways of viewing pain and “negative” circumstances (exactly what Buddhism tries to solve), is bound to be sub-par or simply fail altogether. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

6 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Maybe they are not concerned about Truth because truth is a mind construction and therefore false? When you are conscious af this truth vs false distinction or the "ultimate truth" idea does not make sense, these are ego stories.

Truth is real, and it's the only thing that exists.

But consciousness does not stop there.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Truth is real, and it's the only thing that exists.

But consciousness does not stop there.

what is falseness?

You can become so conscious that you'll realize that this planet and all the humans on it are just a figment of your mind.

5 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I think the OP has run into some misconceptions of Buddhism by paying too much attention to low-quality modern “Buddhists”. 

He even says “Suffering is a distraction from Truth.” Which certainly resonates with my perspective. If that statement is true, wouldn’t eradicating your personal suffering make it easier to pursue Truth, since then there would no longer be that large distraction? ? If any of you reading this are honest with yourselves, you can admit that you still likely have some degree of suffering, and the states brought about by this suffering are usually not as “high-conscious” as states without suffering tend to be. 

The truth is that trying to pursue Truth while in low-conscious states of mind, brought about by personal storylines and unhelpful ways of viewing pain and “negative” circumstances (exactly what Buddhism tries to solve), is bound to be sub-par or simply fail altogether. 

Suffering isn't a distraction...it takes you to the truth. Without suffering....truth seeking wouldn't exist. The issue is...some would rather wallow in their suffering and try to pull "others" into that self-created suffering.

Suffering causes one to eventually do one of two things....do something different so they stop suffering....or the other option which you know what that is. So the famous adage adapt or die....only exists because of suffering. Either you adapt and figure out what you are doing....or you die. Both options give you the truth. Its a beautiful and perfect design and I love it....even when I hate lol!!! There is no better option that it.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

19 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

He even says “Suffering is a distraction from Truth.” Which certainly resonates with my perspective. If that statement is true, wouldn’t eradicating your personal suffering make it easier to pursue Truth, since then there would no longer be that large distraction? ? 

You can spend your whole life trying to eradicate suffering but that doesn't mean Truth will be handed to you. 

Of course, you need to be at a certain level of development (i.e., Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs) to even care about pursuing Truth.  But it is a bit of a paradox because if you don't care about Truth and only eradicating suffering or conflate the two together, you will spend your whole life suffering and eradicating it never getting to Truth.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't just assume that there's nothing new or original. How would you know that? That's just an assumption.

You always claim to have access to infinite intelligence and stuff like that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but not once did you ever come up with anything new or original.

Can you give a list of what infinite intelligence has revealed to you that has not been revealed to others? Show us what original innovations you have made so far. What have you said that had not been said yet?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can become so conscious that you'll realize that this planet and all the humans on it are just a figment of your mind.

But aren't you yourself, also, a figment of the mind, and am I not myself, also, a figment of the mind? Then is the mind itself also a figment of the mind, like you saying God is the creator of itself? Then if it is creating itself, it is zero, and therefore zero is something, and therefore a is not equal to a, for a and "equalness" also are self creating, and yeah, this is a strange loop that is itself, okay, okay, fine ?

Edited by Vibroverse

My current understading is that Truth is egomania. truth and falsehood don´t exist by itself, they are mind created. 

Edited by RedLine

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But you are trapped in Buddhist group-think.

Remember, if you believe Buddhism is the end-all-be-all, that's what will become true for you, because that is your dream.

You’re just projecting what you think about me. Buddhism at the end of the day is just a form of practice that can serve to liberate people. I don’t believe in the form. Truth is formless and yet shines through form. I questions all group think (including the  group think and dogmas of this forum). I have never claimed Buddhism is some end all be all.

Realization at the end of the day is beyond conditions and that’s really the bottom line. 

All mind states, all psychedelics, etc. are all conditioned. The unconditioned Absolute Reality is beyond all of this. It’s beyond and unsullied by thought. So yes, if one takes whatever formations or projections or views about reality (that they don’t realize they have) it will appear that way. Thought is pointed out as delusion because that is its nature. One might say it’s a state of hypnosis. Whatever states arise as a fruition of Realization is besides the point. 

Peter was right to point out to you from the beginning that enlightenment is not a state, it’s an experience, it’s an emotion, it’s not even an insight as those are all functions of mind. Enlightenment is not ultimately about the mind. You didn’t listen though.

30 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Where am I mistaken?  Buddhism is a belief-system based on the realities of suffering and how to overcome it through The Four Noble Truths, to ultimately attain Nirvana.  None of that is about Truth but about belief and making you feel good.  The Truth will feel brutal to you because the Truth kills all fantasies you thought were true.  No belief system can be true.  The Truth cannot be modeled and formalized into a belief-system.  

Edited by r0ckyreed

2 minutes ago, axiom said:

Buddhism is fine. I like it.

Enjoy the movie and your popcorn! Don't forget the butter! :) 

25 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You always claim to have access to infinite intelligence and stuff like that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but not once did you ever come up with anything new or original.

Can you give a list of what infinite intelligence has revealed to you that has not been revealed to others? Show us what original innovations you have made so far. What have you said that had not been said yet?

You imagined all spirituality and every spiritual teacher as part of a trick to keep yourself asleep.

24 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

But aren't you yourself, also, a figment of the mind, and am I not myself, also, a figment of the mind?

I am a figment of your mind, yes.

You are not a figment of mind, you are Mind.

16 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

You’re just projecting what you think about me. Buddhism at the end of the day is just a form of practice that can serve to liberate people. I don’t believe in the form. Truth is formless and yet shines through form. I questions all group think (including the  group think and dogmas of this forum). I have never claimed Buddhism is some end all be all.

You didn't, but nevertheless you did not question your ideas of awakening deeply enough.

Realization at the end of the day is beyond conditions and that’s really the bottom line. 

All mind states, all psychedelics, etc. are all conditioned. The unconditioned Absolute Reality is beyond all of this. It’s beyond and unsullied by thought. So yes, if one takes whatever formations or projections or views about reality (that they don’t realize they have) it will appear that way. Thought is pointed out as delusion because that is its nature. One might say it’s a state of hypnosis. Whatever states arise as a fruition of Realization is besides the point. 

Peter was right to point out to you from the beginning that enlightenment is not a state, it’s an experience, it’s an emotion, it’s not even an insight as those are all functions of mind. Enlightenment is not ultimately about the mind. You didn’t listen though.

All of that is a fiction you created to keep yourself dreaming.

There never was a Peter Ralston. You made him up ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You imagined all spirituality and every spiritual teacher as part of a trick to keep yourself asleep.

That's just idealism linked with spirituality. How is that original?

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/idealism/

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura  I've heard this so many times, aren't we basically all asleep unless we can consciously leave this earth or do something else. What's the point of being not asleep if you won't gain any benefits/special powers and so on. It also means you're asleep too just like we are, but you're just more conscious. You're one of the most conscious people that i know, but you're also asleep just as i am? So what's the point in saying you're imagining everything just to keep the illusion going and keeping yourself asleep... It doesnt make any sense, since even you can't transcend consciously without psychedelics and so on. Or am i missing something?

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

I have a friend who trained in a monestary as a Tibetan Buddhist monk.  He introduced me to the practice of the Green Tara.  He believes in her so devotedly that he can manifest visions of her in front of his eyes.  But at the same time he realizes that she is just a symbol in his mind pointing to compassion.   He plays with the belief system.  He is not attached.  The real Buddhist are so beyond the triteness you find on the Internet.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Might need the samadhi snacks for this one ? :)  and a nice reclining chair.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.