r0ckyreed

Deconstructing Buddhism: Simple Reasons Why Buddhism Is False

195 posts in this topic

For any follower of Buddhism or of any thought system, this is going to piss you off, but it is what you need to read, think about, and deeply consider.

If you push any Buddhist in a corner and ask them "What is Buddhism, and what is the goal of Buddhism?"  They will say something along the lines of "Nirvana. To alleviate suffering, to find a solution to it, and help the world overcome suffering."  

Notice that the goal of Buddhism isn't Truth.  It is to alleviate suffering.  

Notice that there is an assumption that Truth = Suffering (or the overcoming of suffering).  But what if suffering and the overcoming of it is part of the distraction to keep one away from pursuing Truth?

Ever consider why The Buddha was so focused on suffering but yet silent on God? By definition, The Buddha was not concerned about God (or Truth) but about suffering.  You can see how this is an issue.  How can you understand suffering and overcome it without opening yourself up to God?  Suffering is a distraction from Truth.  

You can spend your whole life trying to alleviate the suffering of yourself and of others but what is the cost of that?

What would happen if you prioritized Truth instead of alleviating suffering?  

Another thing is to doubt whether Buddha even existed or not.  Notice that all of your ideas about The Buddha and Buddhism are just your ideas and not your actual perceptions.  Start to question the motive of Buddhism.  If Buddhism is in alignment with the Truth, then you should have no problem questioning it and deconstructing it.  Rule of mind: Whenever you are defensive or afraid of questioning anything, that is a sign that you are trapped in a belief and belief is ultimate not Truth.  Beliefs are very helpful for your survival and for overcoming suffering, but don't think that your beliefs have anything to do with reality as it is. 

Think for yourself.  Don't lock your mind inside of the bubble and worldview of anything.  Unlock your mind from all worldviews, programming, beliefs, and ideas that aren't yours.

EDIT: I forgot another important reason why you should be really skeptical of Buddhism.  Buddhism demonizes thought.  If they had it their way, you would be a mindless (or thoughtless) meditator.  Meditation is good for alleviation of suffering and achieving peace of mind.  But if you want Truth, you have to consider that peace and truth may not be the same.  If you want Truth, you have to start questioning the costs of meditating all day and what you are getting yourself into.  Meditation can be easily used by cults as a form of brainwashing to program followers to not think for themselves.  It is easy for Buddhism to be turned into a cult because it already discourages thinking and demonizes "thinking as dangerous."  Hahahaha! They only say that because if you deliberately thought and deeply questioned anything, it would ultimately collapse and you wouldn't need Buddhism or any mental prison anymore. No worldview, ideology, or mental prison can survive contemplation.

Why are you so attached to Buddhism? Examine your feelings of my critiques of Buddhism.  If you care about truth, then why are you so defensive?  Do you care more about being right or truth?

Namaste??

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

The goal of Buddhism is Nibanna -> undifferientiated infinity -> non duality

You haven't studied what the Buddha taught, your post is complete garbage

31 minutes ago, bambi said:

The goal of Buddhism is Nibanna -> undifferientiated infinity -> non duality

You haven't studied what the Buddha taught, your post is complete garbage

Introspect why you are attacking and so defensive about Buddhism or any thought system.  

Seems like you didn't even read or contemplate my post.  You haven't studied what the Buddha taught either. No one has because The Buddha and Buddhism is nothing but a hallucination in your own mind.  You are just parroting your programming.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

44 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Introspect why you are attacking and so defensive about Buddhism or any thought system.  

Seems like you didn't even read or contemplate my post.  You haven't studied what the Buddha taught either. No one has because The Buddha and Buddhism is nothing but a hallucination in your own mind.  You are just parroting your programming.

Youre changing the goal posts, your explication of Buddhism isn't correct for me, it's that simple. 

Buddha was concerned with Truth: but he said you can't see Truth until you cleanse your mind and your conditioning. You literally suffer becuase your are deluded regarding Truth

But again your understanding of what the Buddha was pointing to is just completely flawed for me.

All doctrines are tools pointing you toward truth:  direct experience

Whatever the Buddha may or may not have achieved, it is obvious that modern day Buddhists ain't Awake. Especially the Western ones. Which shows you just how inadequate it is.

If 40 years of daily meditation cannot Awaken you, what's the point?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever the Buddha may or may not have achieved, it is obvious that modern day Buddhists ain't Awake. Especially the Western ones. Which shows you just how inadequate it is.

If 40 years of daily mediation cannot Awaken you, what's the point?

Agreed, you guys got corrupted and sold lemons by people like shinzen young, western celebs, who are just basically philosophers

I already posted this video ---- Ajahn Brahm is one of the top meditaiton monks in the world, he is one of the main people to bring Jhana meditaiton back to the world. Watch his video and tell me what you don't agree with, or what you think he doesnt understand about life or Truth. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If 40 years of daily mediation cannot Awaken you, what's the point?

Why do you put so much stress on awakening? Spirituality makes life many times more enjoyable and fun even if you are not awake. 

10 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Why do you put so much stress on awakening? Spirituality makes life many times more enjoyable and fun even if you are not awake. 

Spirituality is about connecting to Truth. If you don’t care about truth, the default is mediocrity, belief, cults, and ideology.

Spirituality is a life style of being connected to reality as it is. And that is not always fun and enjoyable. A key hint is that if it is about feeling good, having fun, believing, bypassing, forgetting, pleasure, or peace of mind, then it is about happiness (remaining in the dream) and not about Truth/Spirituality (awakening from the dream).

But do what you want. Nothing matters. Forget about spirituality unless you are tired of being asleep. How is that for an oxymoron?

Edited by r0ckyreed

1 hour ago, bambi said:

Agreed, you guys got corrupted and sold lemons by people like shinzen young, western celebs, who are just basically philosophers

Don’t exclude yourself. What gives you the idea that you haven’t been corrupted as well? All the people who taught you Buddhism, your gurus, your books and your society have already sold you the lemons and the lemon-aid. The Fiction runs deep. ;) 

The worst mistake is assuming you already know the Truth when you don’t. You don’t know.

Edit: You cannot live an authentic life or discover truth as long you follow someone else’s path and neglect your own. Kill the Buddha.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Like a Leo quote compilation lol

Non-dual spirituality (Advaita Vedanta, Buddhism, New-Age, perennialism, mysticism, etc.) defines Truth as seeing through the illusion of separation and aligning your life with that understanding, and this coincides with the end of suffering. There is no contradiction there.

Out of all of these traditions, Leo is the outlier. His conception of Truth goes beyond the former definition of Truth, and to understand what he is talking about, you cannot use the techniques of the aforementioned traditions. You need to do the right amount of psychedelics and the right amount (and type) of thinking.

If you want to deconstruct the Buddhist worldview, you should also deconstruct Leo's worldview. While the former relies on meditation and contemplation, he relies on psychedelics. This shapes his epistemology, which shapes his metaphysics. Psychedelics work differently from meditation. Am I saying one is better than the other? No. But, deconstruction is not deconstruction without deconstructing everything, including yourself. Am I saying you don't know this? No. I'm just saying it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

32 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you want to deconstruct the Buddhist worldview, you should also deconstruct Leo's worldview.

Amen. And all other worldviews. And every “spiritual guru,” author, book, video, and teaching. Everyone wants to listen to a guru, but nobody wants to do the work themselves and be their own guru. “Spiritual” laziness is what it is.

Taking full responsibility over my own intellectual/spiritual path, along with daily contemplation has been the greatest experience of my life. So much suffering is caused by outsourcing that.

Edited by r0ckyreed

I know many Zen masters and serious practitioners of Buddhism that are comfortable speaking about things in terms of God.

The Buddha didn’t speak about God for many reasons.

• God is a concept. It’s an idea. That which “God” refers to is beyond concepts. This goes into what the Buddha called the unanswerables since at the end of the day, Truth is beyond words. 
  • You don’t understand dependent origination. Particularly experientially. All the different states of deep meditation that could be roughly translated to what might be called “God Consciousness” are conditioned states of mind. That even states of consciousness are conditioned. So experiences like Infinite Consciousness and other such matters are still conditioned experiences. Like when it comes to the unanswerables, it’s not that Absolute Truth cannot be known it’s just that it can’t be known by the mind. It can only be known through direct realization. And direct realization is beyond causality. It is unconditioned. 
  • More reasons can be listed but that’s besides the point.

I have never found a serious practitioner of Buddhist practice that was never not focused on Truth. Truth is that which liberates suffering. That doesn’t mean Truth is going to cure cancer in the sense that enlightenment or realization is going to just make your cancer go away. That’s just silly. So this idea that those are engaged in Buddhist practice aren’t concerned with Truth is ignorance.

As far as whether or not the Buddha ever existed, again, I’ve yet to meet a single Buddhist practitioner who wasn't open to such a possibility. Thought is more convincing evidence of his historical existence than say someone like Jesus.

Regarding thinking, thought doesn’t know anything. Plenty of cowards like to pretend they’re skeptical because they’re too much of a pussy to shut the fuck up and put their ass on the line and actually listen and being willing to open to the possibility that they don’t know anything. It can actually be a voracious form of egotism. It’s easy to just look at someone’s love and devotion to their guru, laugh at them, and call them an idiot. Of course. It’s lazy. You never have to put your ass on the line because you just stand on the sidelines and never truly know from direct experience what is actually going and truly make yourself vulnerable to being wrong and seeing how full of shit you are. 

Another point is, Buddhism doesn’t do anything. People do. It’s about as dumb as saying, “well science says ___!!” Science doesn’t say anything. Certain particular scientists that do science say certain things. Who are you actually referring to when you make these criticisms? You’re just reading some stuff about The Buddha and lumping a bunch of ideas you have snout Buddhists, interpreting it however you do in your mind, and then calling that truth. That’s just nonsense. You don’t know every Buddhist practitioner so you’re just bullshitting yourself. Thought I’d cautioned precisely because of the demonstration of your ignorance and delusion. Because fools like to just believe their mind and are too cowardly to surrender themselves to someone who might point out their nonsense and tell them they’re not actually doing the practice.

And this idea that you think you’re some sovereign individual that’s just doing his own thing and doing something new is just silly. The very kind that believes it’s contemplating for itself (first off doesn’t even exist - so that’s total delusion right from the start) is completely made up of language and other more subtle forms of mental impressions that al comes from the so called “outside”. So, who is this so called separate entity that believes is so damn sovereign?  Because that’s really the heart of the assumption yet again. You are not coming up with something new or original as there is nothing truly new or original in and of itself. All the books you read, all the videos you watch, everything thought you have, every view, every attitude isn’t “yours” and it can always be traced to stuff outside.

Edited by kieranperez

All beliefs are bullshit, including the non duality fad.  That's why the real Buddha provided a practice, and not beliefs.  If you want to see who is real you have to make personal contact.  The Internet is a bullshiter's paradise.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

You can't really use reason to debunk Buddhism, because it strives on paradox and can deconstruct any reasoning right away.

But yes, Buddhism is ultimately false. That's what you realize after practicing it correctly.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

When you truly awaken you will know why it is tops.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Like a Leo quote compilation lol

Non-dual spirituality (Advaita Vedanta, Buddhism, New-Age, perennialism, mysticism, etc.) defines Truth as seeing through the illusion of separation and aligning your life with that understanding, and this coincides with the end of suffering. There is no contradiction there.

All experience is Absolute Truth.

But awakening doesn't end with that realization.

Out of all of these traditions, Leo is the outlier. His conception of Truth goes beyond the former definition of Truth...

Truth is relatively easy to awaken to. But there are much higher awakenings beyond realizing what Truth is.

Edited by Leo Gura

39 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

And this idea that you think you’re some sovereign individual that’s just doing his own thing and doing something new is just silly. The very kind that believes it’s contemplating for itself (first off doesn’t even exist - so that’s total delusion right from the start) is completely made up of language and other more subtle forms of mental impressions that al comes from the so called “outside”. So, who is this so called separate entity that believes is so damn sovereign?  Because that’s really the heart of the assumption yet again. You are not coming up with something new or original as there is nothing truly new or original in and of itself. All the books you read, all the videos you watch, everything thought you have, every view, every attitude isn’t “yours” and it can always be traced to stuff outside.

You are God, and you can awaken deeper than anyone has ever awoken.

Imagine a new awakening that no one has ever had. Yup. You can have that, if you're serious.

Don't just assume that there's nothing new or original. How would you know that? That's just an assumption.

This stuff goes a lot deeper than any teacher has told you.

Consider the possibility that all Buddhist meditative attainments are just fictions within God's Infinite Mind ;) This doesn't make the insights untrue per se, it just makes them less than what is possible to realize.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You can have that

So long as there’s still that belief that “I” have anything, you do not know what awakening is. And awakening is not conditioned. It is beyond causality. 

While it is true that the pursuit of truth is the key to liberation and the key to true actualization....everything really is perfect the way it is. It has to be the way it is, I mean...it is literally One being playing all the characters. I don't even know why we fight some times lol. If you want to suffer in life, judge yourself and hate yourself lol. 

I literally had a thought earlier about Budhism so I find it funny that this thread was formed. I'll say this, if you aren't an expert on a topic...then any thoughts or opinions on it will be incomplete....which means your opinion is full of shit lol. So the first question you would need to ask yourself is....how much shit am I spewing...or is what I am saying actually true?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God, and you can awaken deeper than anyone has ever awoken.

Imagine a new awakening that no one has ever had. Yup. You can have that, if you're serious.

Don't just assume that there's nothing new or original. How would you know that? That's just an assumption.

This stuff goes a lot deeper than any teacher has told you.

Consider the possibility that all Buddhist meditative attainments are just fictions within God's Infinite Mind ;)

Now that's a goal to set. Not reaching for what Buddhism teaches, or any other teacher, but something completely original totally beyond anybody else. 

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

6 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

So long as there’s still that belief that “I” have anything, you do not know what awakening is. And awakening is not conditioned. It is beyond causality. 

Cute.

But you are trapped in Buddhist group-think.

Remember, if you believe Buddhism is the end-all-be-all, that's what will become true for you, because that is your dream.

ALL of Buddhism, is just a dream within a dream. Good luck escaping it.

Edited by Leo Gura