ivankiss

Hanging out with rich people

33 posts in this topic

Spent a wild night with some relatively rich people. It was kinda cool, but also lame and boring. I was surprised to see how shallow and narrow minded these people were. Not very intelligent at all. 

They loved to talk about stupid things like nationality, borders, wars, rulers and politics... Nothing that would indicate any deeper introspection or self transcendence. They were just incapable of seeing past themselves and the ideas that they identify with. 

Any attempt to go a bit deeper or point towards a higher truth flew right over their heads. It quickly became obvious that I cannot talk about anything truly meaningful with these people. Business, profit margins, who went where and did what... that was pretty much it. They simply do not see value in truth or honesty or integrity or purpose or passion... None of that. 

I'm not saying all rich people are like this. But it definitely confirmed what I kinda suspected to be true, in general. And that is, that you don't have to be very intelligent or conscious in order to be successful in business and make loads of money. In fact, doing so might even be harder for a highly conscious individual. You have to consciously decide to take a swim in a pool of shit.

Duhhh.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Sages aren't known for their riches.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I talk to homeless people. They are spiritual. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

It was kinda cool, but also lame and boring. I was surprised to see how shallow and narrow minded these people were. Not very intelligent at all. 

Yep. My experience as well. They are very direct and cutthroat, and they like to be practical and pragmatic. Anything "meaningful" as you describe it is not useful to them and doesn't make them money, so why talk about it.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1. My experience is that most people are shallow, regardless of wealth/income. Even those who I consider deep and highly developed have shown to have blind spots in some areas, and sometimes even blunders. Myself included, btw.
  2. Be careful of the trap of romanticizing poverty and demonizing money.
  3. It should not be a surprise that intelligence/any overemphasized quality is not the ultimate game-changer in life. Most of the times, luck is the most important factor. Any human with basic capabilities and mainstream ambitions/programming can have a premium life with the right amount of luck. That's probably what those rich people that you've met are.
Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I am not interested in any advice from people like that. I can listen to what they have to say and consider their point of view, but I would definitely not choose to walk in their footsteps. If or when I come to make some serious money, I will do it in a way that is aligned with my core values. I will not sacrifice my soul for it. 

How did these people get there, you ask? Well, mommy and daddy were rich. That's how. Don't think they came from nothing and did it all by themselves. Those cases are very rare. And there's definitely something different about people who make it on their own.

I had fun last night. We laughed, talked and drank all night. Did some coke too. They love coke. Would I repeat this experience though? Probably no. Once in a blue moon maybe.

No shit? It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

It is also not good to shame them. I love rich people. I admire their vibe to be honest. You only shame them because you are not one of them and that is why it triggers you.

In Tate we trust

8 hours ago, ivankiss said:

They loved to talk about stupid things like nationality, borders, wars, rulers and politics... 

Lol, that’s deep compared to what I’m used to from upper middle class people. They usually just wanna talk gossip and sport 

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

No shit? It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

It is also not good to shame them. I love rich people. I admire their vibe to be honest. You only shame them because you are not one of them and that is why it triggers you.

That’s like saying when I shame Trump I am only jealous that he managed to become president and I didn’t. If people hurt society it’s good and necessary to call that out and many rich people are only interested to increase their wealth no matter the cost. But of course I agree with you that you should feel into yourself if that criticism comes from an authentic source or just jealousy. 

If you look at soul ages it all make sense:

Infant Souls

Primary Focus:  Being alive.

Lessons To Learn:  Basic life skills, survival, mortality, physicality.

Key Characteristics:  Raw, untamed, playful, excitable, unsophisticated, tribal, cautious, childlike, group-reliant, hunter-gatherers.

Baby Souls

Primary Focus:  Belonging.

Lessons To Learn:  Social structure, rules, roles, human relations.

Key Characteristics:  Compliant, regimented, dutiful, role-defined, absolutist, disciplined, traditional, strong values.

Young Souls

Primary Focus:  Independence.

Lessons To Learn:  Personal-advancement, free will, personal-achievement.

Key Characteristics:  Ambitious, competitive, innovative, material gain, enterprise, freedom, individualism, self-centered, self-expression.

Mature Souls

Primary Focus:  Interpersonal harmony.

Lessons To Learn:  Empathy, psychological stability, interdependence, self-awareness, relationships.

Key Characteristics:  Sensitive, inquisitive, neurotic, diplomatic, introspective, egalitarian, cooperative.

Old Souls

Primary Focus:  Spiritual fulfillment.

Lessons To Learn:  Non-attachment, autonomy, wise counsel, spiritual awareness.

Key Characteristics:  Solitary, spiritual, detached, philosophical, humanitarian, tired, unmotivated, empathetic.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

41 minutes ago, KH2 said:

I've been offered coke multiple times. Glad I've always sticked to Mary Jane

Lol this is so out of character for you xD

Coke literally feels like a shot of pure RED/ORANGE straight to the brain.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Jowblob said:

Old Souls

Primary Focus:  Spiritual fulfillment.

Lessons To Learn:  Non-attachment, autonomy, wise counsel, spiritual awareness.

Key Characteristics:  Solitary, spiritual, detached, philosophical, humanitarian, tired, unmotivated, empathetic.

Yay I'm an old soul :D

Let Love In

1 hour ago, Jowblob said:

Young Souls

Primary Focus:  Independence.

Lessons To Learn:  Personal-advancement, free will, personal-achievement.

Key Characteristics:  Ambitious, competitive, innovative, material gain, enterprise, freedom, individualism, self-centered, self-expression.

AKA, the Asshole Souls :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Jannes said:

That’s like saying when I shame Trump I am only jealous that he managed to become president and I didn’t. If people hurt society it’s good and necessary to call that out and many rich people are only interested to increase their wealth no matter the cost. But of course I agree with you that you should feel into yourself if that criticism comes from an authentic source or just jealousy. 

It is the super rich that hurt society. The "relatively rich people" as mentioned in the OP, do good because they offer value to society. You can learn a lot from them. You only condemn them because you are jealous. Integrate your stage orange and level up. People who are succesful have a nonreaching vibe. I love that and I admire that because I want more of that. I have some integrating to do too.

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

Coke literally feels like a shot of pure RED/ORANGE straight to the brain.

Haha, this is an great way to describing it :D

Edited by Cireeric

14 hours ago, ivankiss said:

In fact, doing so might even be harder for a highly conscious individual. You have to consciously decide to take a swim in a pool of shit.

It’s tough to make serious cash while maintaining integrity and purpose. The money is in the bullshit and exploitation 

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Those cases are very rare. And there's definitely something different about people who make it on their own.

Agreed. It’s almost a completely different human actually. Those who are born rich, they’re fine, some become absolute scum bags and others are just kinda clueless, like they just seem kinda innocent and clueless in a way because their whole life has been so easy (usually) and they’re so sheltered from real suffering. 

Those who make it from the bottom up, man, those are some badass mother fuckers. Especially if they created their own thing. It’s like core values are instilled in them and they appreciate everything they have. 

Imo at least