Richard Purdy

GTA VI Leaked - Biggest Leak in Gaming History - FBI Investigation

17 posts in this topic

GTA VI was leaked this past weekend. Hacker teapotuberhacker somehow broke into Rockstar's servers and uploaded 90+ videos of the game (1 hr of footage) instantly becoming viral. Leaks were uploaded onto YouTube as Rockstar is copyright striking anyone who uploads footage. Kinda pointless, it's unstoppable now. On the internet forever. The hacker promised this isn't the end and threatened to upload the source code for VI as ransom. It's hard not to hear about it. It's currently being investigated by the FBI but no leads so far.

Heres the original post. Seems like he removed the original file: https://gtaforums.com/topic/985481-gta-6-americas-leak-90-mp4-footagevideos/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIkBudvTDA

Just free marketing for Rockstar.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Fans got disappointed by the quality of the game: "did we wait 10 years for this?" and they are right.. but probably it is beta so it doesn't say much.

In Tate we trust

GTA is so boring. They need to include some new combat mechanics and AI needs to be smarter. Visuals and details are cool but if your game is dumb like cyperpunk 2077, it will be like putting perfume on a peice of shit. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

21 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Fans got disappointed by the quality of the game: "did we wait 10 years for this?" and they are right.. but probably it is beta so it doesn't say much.

They will still buy 50 million copies.

It doesn't matter. Gaming is completely dead and creatively bankrupt. People will preorder for $80 and their left nut for trash average games. The industry has been utterly commodified and it's soul sucked out like a dementor from Harry Potter. There are still great games out there, but they are just rare or old.

Gaming haven't been good since roughly 2009. Right when everything started to transition from disk to digital/online it all went to shit. 

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Roy said:

It doesn't matter. Gaming is completely dead and creatively bankrupt. People will preorder for $80 and their left nut for trash average games. The industry has been utterly commodified and it's soul sucked out like a dementor from Harry Potter. There are still great games out there, but they are just rare or old.

Gaming haven't been good since roughly 2009. Right when everything started to transition from disk to digital/online it all went to shit. 

That's only true if you conflate all of the gaming industry to what the AAA studios are doing. Indie gaming is better now than it's ever been. No way that highly creative, thoughtful games like Undertale or Disco Elysium would have came out in 2009. Calling these more creative types of games needles in a haystack would be seriously overstating things.

It's the equivalent of saying modern movies suck because you don't like corporatized big budget superhero movies, while ignoring the more low profile art films that are still coming out, and aren't even that rare.

Nostalgia goggles just makes us think that everything was better during a formative period in our life, when that's often not the case.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, but if its presented in poor quality, then its bad marketing, and it can have a reverse effect. 

First impression is important with everything.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Yeah, but if its presented in poor quality, then its bad marketing, and it can have a reverse effect. 

First impression is important with everything.

I'm sure they'll make it as good as ever. No one seriously doubts Rockstar's ability to make a good GTA.

This ain't Bethesda here, zing! :D

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo GuraYeah, the hype is big. Probably the biggest reason why this leak wont have a strong negative effect on them , is because Rockstar is a strong brand , otherwise an upcoming game brand  would have been probably fucked by a leak like this.

17 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Leo GuraYeah, the hype is big. Probably the biggest reason why this leak wont have a strong negative effect on them , is because Rockstar is a strong brand , otherwise an upcoming game brand  would have been probably fucked by a leak like this.

Highly doubt such leaks ever hurt any game. If the game was gonna be bad you can't keep that underwraps these days. A game's success depends on the quality of the game, not any leaks or trailers.

And if a game truly is bad, then gamers deserve to know about that before they buy.

Edited by Leo Gura

I think it depends on the methods how a company develops its game. Because if we are talking about prototypes , then if the leak is at the first or second prototype, then it might give a false image how the end result will feel or look like.

Edited by zurew

On 22.9.2022 at 3:41 PM, Leo Gura said:

Rockstar is so big that this did probably cause more damage than anything. There is a reason why Rockstar doesn't release their main characters in some pre-alpha footage 4 years before release, not all marketing is good marketing.

Glory to Israel

3 hours ago, Scholar said:

not all marketing is good marketing.

These days, I dunno.

I don't see leaks hurting games at all, unless the game is truly in a shit state, like Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk -- which is a self-inflicted wound.

BTW, they already arrested the kid who did this hack.

Edited by Leo Gura

At the very least at least we got some info about GTA 6 after waiting for so long. It sounds like the map could be based on the state of Florida, which i'm super psyched for because I always wanted a newer GTA game to be based in Miami, but I didn't think it would happen because they already had Vice city. I hope they add crazy Florida man mechanics like NPCs shooting at hurricanes and things like that lol. I wasn't planning on playing more video games in my life but if GTA 6 is based on Florida then it will be very tempting.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Leaks hurt on a human level:

As a creator, you don't want people to see your unfinished work taken out of context. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Timothy Ferris wanted to market his book "4 hour chef" but the cost was to expensive. So he published the first section of his book on a torrent website. 

Clean your mind