Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Paul

My apology to Leo

16 posts in this topic

Dear Leo,

I hope you are doing well. I’ve been through horrific trauma in my life throughout much of the duration of it, and I turned to your videos several years ago in the hopes that you would be able to help guide me out of it. At times you did help, but many other times your teachings were making my life worse than it was before. Eventually I became completely fed up with you and walked away for awhile. During that time period I resented you and wished that I had never discovered your channel. I thought you were just another wannabe cult leader out there on the internet misleading people. 

But now that I’ve contemplated it a little more deeply, I realized that you are an important person for several reasons. I still don’t agree with much of what you teach, though I believe some small portion of it is at least on the right track. In particular, I think a core aspect of the absolute truth is love, and you do understand that.

I respect you for having the courage to put your identity out there publicly to talk about some very polemic and pressing topics. Everyone is on their own journey, right? Who am I to judge you for walking your own path through this difficult world?

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I should despise you, and that’s a lesson I’ve needed to learn and am still learning. I think a lot of my resentment toward you was rooted in my own pain and suffering, and I hope you can forgive me for that. I actually want to thank you for making me think outside the box, even if I believe that the vast majority of what you teach about metaphysics is not accurate. It still forced me to think about life, the universe, God, and spirituality in a different way than I am used to, and for that I am grateful. I think I have grown since I discovered you. 

Thanks for reading,

Michael Paul

Edited by Michael Paul

3 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

even if I believe that the vast majority of what you teach about metaphysics is not accurate.

Care to elaborate? Where is he wrong?

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 I haven’t really watched many of his recent videos as I haven’t necessarily had the time to do that, so forgive me if I’m leaving out some crucial information about his more recent teachings regarding what I’m about to say.

From my own experience, there is more to existence than just nondual consciousness. I’ve heard Leo jump on the nonduality/Advaita bandwagon many times in the past and I think that this philosophy is very limited in scope. I think there can be an aspect of God/Source that is entirely non-dual and consciousness, and there can also be duality. In other words, why does there have to only be nonduality and consciousness? Why can’t there metaphysically be a universal spirit and/or consciousness as well as a physical aspect? There’s no rule etched in existence that says that all of reality must be simple, parsimonious, or follow Ockham’s razor. Pluralism and dualism (even substance dualism) can both be true, depending on what we are talking about. Attempting to simplify that which is beyond infinitely complex and sum it up into a neat little model that other people can easily understand is foolish, in my opinion. Also, anyone who submits that there is no objective reality AT ALL has lost the plot. There is an overarching, objective truth that exists independently of anyone’s belief, knowledge, or feelings about it. The question is, what IS that truth on an ontological or metaphysical level? What IS it in and of itself, outside of any of our beliefs about it?

I know that there are many levels to this — the rabbit hole never ends. There’s no bottom to it. Some aspects or attributes of God and creation are marvelously simple, and others are beyond infinitely complex. The whole system is evolving at each instant as well, but I know that God/Source is omniscient and is able to comprehend this fully. 

Essentially, Leo is trying to describe something in language that is borderline impossible to explain through that medium. He’s a very eloquent and intelligent person, don’t get me wrong. But he has fallen into the trap of thinking that we as individual spiritual beings are capable of comprehending this in its entirety. Maybe one day our models will be able to correspond 1 to 1 with the objective truth of existence, but ultimately we aren’t quite there yet as a species.

Also, I’m aware that he has seriously proposed metaphysical solipsism as a viable philosophy in the not so distant past. Solipsism is complete horseshit, and I fully disagree with anyone who seriously teaches that in any way shape or form. It’s a delusional, harmful, egocentric philosophy designed to isolate people from other REAL HUMAN BEINGS. Don’t fall prey to anyone who seriously canvasses that nonsense.

In addition, I question the teaching of “we are all God”. God is unlimited in nature, true. But to say that I am God as an individual does not sound correct to me. It always rubbed me the wrong way when I heard him say things along those lines. I think we are all part of an immanent and transcendent spiritual reality, and at the root of it is the spiritual Source (God) that can be both personal and impersonal in nature. We are all connected to the Source, but this does not necessarily mean that we literally ARE the Source.

Some final thoughts: we are all unique, individual physical and spiritual beings on our own journeys. It is a fact that there is an aspect of the collective where we are all connected and “one”. But let’s not forget that we are also unique individuals at the same time, and that’s not really a contradiction if you think about it for long enough. 

Edited by Michael Paul

1 hour ago, Michael Paul said:

@Leo Gura Love you Leo, keep seeking and striving brother. We’ll all get to where we should be eventually.

Have you had any mystical experiences? If not...instead of merely believing he is wrong....why not investigate it for yourself. From my own personal perspective...I have investigated it...and discovered....he is right. Scary right. But I don't take it on as dogma and belief....he is so right you really cannot deny it. There is too much evidence...wayyyyy too much evidence. But you need to take the plunge....and really go after searching for the truth. 

Until you take that plunge...you won't know for sure. He can't give you anymore proof and pointers than he has...yet he keeps farting out more....lol.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

From my own personal perspective...I have investigated it...and discovered....he is right. Scary right. But I don't take it on as dogma and belief....he is so right you really cannot deny it.

It isn’t about right, it is about truth. Leo doesn’t own the truth so it isn’t about him being right. Do you care more about truth or about being right? 

Edit: Who knows, with some of his insights on specific aspects of infinity, he may be well wrong as he deepens his discovery of infinity. What you think you know now may be well wrong. But it isn’t about being right, it is about being in alignment with your truth at this time.

Just because you discover something that matches Leo’s insights or observations doesn’t mean it is true. You could both be mistaken given how profound reality is.

The only thing we can know is that consciousness exists. Everything else is a belief.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

It isn’t about right, it is about truth. Leo doesn’t own the truth so it isn’t about him being right. Do you care more about truth or about being right? 

Edit: Who knows, with some of his insights on specific aspects of infinity, he may be well wrong as he deepens his discovery of infinity. What you think you know now may be well wrong. But it isn’t about being right, it is about being in alignment with your truth at this time.

Just because you discover something that matches Leo’s insights or observations doesn’t mean it is true. You could both be mistaken given how profound reality is.

The only thing we can know is that consciousness exists. Everything else is a belief.

Nope, you only say that because you haven't awakened to it. When you do....you will realize it. 

Lmao. Yes, you have to awaken to it. It's perfect that insight is created alone.

Most of the time people just need validation; it doesn't matter if others agree with us unless it's an ethical principle. If we end up surrounded by people who adore our every word instead of validate our suffering, we scream for more ridiculous reactions from the crowd or we flee from the a swarm of wasps they are.

But that's whatever.

People being right is so foolish to disbelieve. The truth is that the closeness of time will itself reveal obvious knowledge that breaks the boundaries of what is important.

Awakening feels like you really have to try to not know, forget yourself in the process, then remember something at a deeper level as yourself. This is usually very sudden and feels deeper than a look in the mirror. Like a curtain call of the heart.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

@Razard86 I have had many extremely profound mystical and transcendental spiritual experiences in my life. They have confirmed to me that things are not quite what they might seem to be at first. 

Consider the following. If there is an infinitely intelligent, infinitely powerful, omnipresent, infinitely loving being called God, and God uses Her infinite power to control your entire individual subjective experience of reality, including all your thoughts, beliefs and sensory perceptions, AND He/She/It had a reason to use the divine power to keep you at least partially oblivious to God’s existence and metaphysical nature, then that’s how you would experience reality. You would never even be remotely aware of that happening to you unless God/Source wanted to give you that kind of insight, knowledge and information.

Edited by Michael Paul

@Michael Paul God is trying its damnedest to awaken you, but you keep resisting and rejecting.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

If there is an infinitely intelligent, infinitely powerful, omnipresent, infinitely loving being called God,

34 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

God uses Her infinite power to control your entire individual subjective experience of reality, including all your thoughts, beliefs and sensory perceptions, AND He/She/It had a reason to use the divine power to keep you at least partially oblivious to God’s existence and metaphysical nature, then that’s how you would experience reality.

When will you realize all the above is none other then you!

You ARE the former choosing to be the latter.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Michael Paul God is trying its damnedest to awaken you, but you keep resisting and rejecting.

;)

I have resisted awakening many times in my life thus far, but I think God (whatever God is on the ultimate level) is assisting me at this time and trying to get me to an even deeper level of awakening. Thanks for the encouragement man.

7 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

@Razard86 I have had many extremely profound mystical and transcendental spiritual experiences in my life. They have confirmed to me that things are not quite what they might seem to be at first. 

Consider the following. If there is an infinitely intelligent, infinitely powerful, omnipresent, infinitely loving being called God, and God uses Her infinite power to control your entire individual subjective experience of reality, including all your thoughts, beliefs and sensory perceptions, AND He/She/It had a reason to use the divine power to keep you at least partially oblivious to God’s existence and metaphysical nature, then that’s how you would experience reality. You would never even be remotely aware of that happening to you unless God/Source wanted to give you that kind of insight, knowledge and information.

.....If you are God...who can you hide from? You can try to trick yourself, and even hide from yourself but eventually you will figure everything out. You could say Life is God playing hide and seek with itself. That is definitely one way to look at it.

32 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

I have resisted awakening many times in my life thus far, but I think God (whatever God is on the ultimate level) is assisting me at this time and trying to get me to an even deeper level of awakening. Thanks for the encouragement man.

All that's really required is that you deeply want it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All that's really required is that you deeply want it.

Which is how everything works....as you say...its all a love simulator!!! LOL!!!!!