Superfluo

Books on second-order socializing?

3 posts in this topic

I don't remember where, but I heard that Tier 2 level of development means that you are able to see the consequences of your actions and plan not just the next action based on its consequences, but plan the next action based on the possible consequences derived from the possible actions taken after the next one.

This means you plan ahead for possible future outcomes and you foresee future scenarios in order to plan the best course of action, like in a chess match.

Does anybody remembers this concept and where does it come from?

My question is: is there a book that teaches you how to handle social interactions in this way? A book that teaches you how to strategize in your social interactions based on the second-order consequences?

Thank you!

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Honestly this sounds way too rigid, analytic and left-brainy to me if you really talk about socializing. The best thing you can do in socializing is being present in the moment with the people, having fun, empathising, being passionate, really listening to people, giving some value. I think the best material on basic socializing is from RSD Julian and Owen. I think otherwise, trying too hard with your interaction or calculating too much will just hinder your ability to do the things said. If you talk about a special setting like an job-interview, sure there you can prepare better beforehand and be more tactical and there are a lot of good articles out how to do this.

@Cireeric Thanks for the feedback. I want a left-brainy approach.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003