SamC

When do you guys predict psychadelics will become mainstream?

18 posts in this topic

As the title. 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Let's see how these responses go.....

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

My view on these may be really out there, but I think that some more obvious UFO encounters will start to happen in next 15 years and it will correlate with making psychedelics legal in most west Europe countries. So 15 years I would guess.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

In the last two or three decades of this century, maybe even into the next.

Weed is still illegal in most of the world including all of Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis#/media/File:Map-of-world-cannabis-laws.svg

Though it is decriminalized in many places and even unenforced in many others, we're still a long way from it being freely legal and purchasable like other drugs. Might be a good 10-20 years for liberal countries to allow it properly, much longer for more conservative ones, even developed ones like Japan.

I think it was in the video "Removing the Stigma on Psychedelics" that Leo talked about how he'd see them being legal, you'd have to be educated and even trip in a controlled environment while being watched by evaluators (a sort of exam) before getting a license that allows you to buy psychedelics.

Society and people need to evolve quite a lot before they can start using psychedelics correctly, and they ain't getting legalized before that, even with mountains of evidence piling up consistently over the future. They might start being legalized for medical use to treat depression specifically and only in places like California or Canada at first but that's decades before mainstream adoption.

Is weed mainstream yet?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I don't think they will ever become completely mainstream. Because psychedelics dissolve the ego, people who have very active egos, which is most people, would not want to dissolve their ego. Most people are seeking to reinforce their ego, not to dissolve it.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

35 minutes ago, amanen said:

I don't think they will ever become completely mainstream. Because psychedelics dissolve the ego, people who have very active egos, which is most people, would not want to dissolve their ego. Most people are seeking to reinforce their ego, not to dissolve it.

Is Ayahuasca not mainstream in the Amazon tribes? 

I think "mainstream" is a bad concept when talking about drugs, because 1. very few things are mainstream in the first place (if we define it as something that most people do from time to time), and 2. what going mainstream looks like is not one fixed result.

1. When it gets legalized and researched more closely, it will grow in popularity and then stabilize in its own niche, like with all things, but not all people will use it. Skydiving is not illegal, but it's hardly something all people do. Weed is legal in many places now, but it's not like all people do it now.

2. The psychedelic experience varies greatly after how much you know about it, what kind of person you are, in what context you take it in, etc. It's not "one thing". I know many people who take psychedelics without having any truly deep insights about existential topics and just take it to have fun. And even if they experience something resembling ego death, they'll probably experience some positive change, but moreover they'll probably fear it or underestimate its implications.

I doubt popularization of psychedelics on its own will lead to a collective spiritual evolution by any stretch of the imagination. Most people won't be interested, and it wont be a magical cure for low development. This is a much bigger challenge than "turning on, tuning in, and dropping out" like we tried in the 60s. We need a deeply integrated and holistic approach; wide-scale and multi-faceted political and cultural revamping.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm with Ray Kurzweil on this. I don't think we'll need psychedelics once we can increase our intelligence by millions of orders of magnitude via AI (which Kurzweil predicts will happen by 2045). As nuts as the guy is, he has been spot on with all his predictions and probably has thought about these things more than anyone else. 

We still obviously have to play our cards right to make this happen and to ensure that everyone will have access to these technologies.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 2022-09-20 at 10:15 AM, Arthogaan said:

My view on these may be really out there, but I think that some more obvious UFO encounters will start to happen in next 15 years and it will correlate with making psychedelics legal in most west Europe countries. So 15 years I would guess.

This is my guess ( but also wish):D

law of attraction right XDXD

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is Ayahuasca not mainstream in the Amazon tribes? 

I think "mainstream" is a bad concept when talking about drugs, because 1. very few things are mainstream in the first place (if we define it as something that most people do from time to time), and 2. what going mainstream looks like is not one fixed result.

1. When it gets legalized and researched more closely, it will grow in popularity and then stabilize in its own niche, like with all things, but not all people will use it. Skydiving is not illegal, but it's hardly something all people do. Weed is legal in many places now, but it's not like all people do it now.

2. The psychedelic experience varies greatly after how much you know about it, what kind of person you are, in what context you take it in, etc. It's not "one thing". I know many people who take psychedelics without having any truly deep insights about existential topics and just take it to have fun. And even if they experience something resembling ego death, they'll probably experience some positive change, but moreover they'll probably fear it or underestimate its implications.

I doubt popularization of psychedelics on its own will lead to a collective spiritual evolution by any stretch of the imagination. Most people won't be interested, and it wont be a magical cure for low development. This is a much bigger challenge than "turning on, tuning in, and dropping out" like we tried in the 60s. We need a deeply integrated and holistic approach; wide-scale and multi-faceted political and cultural revamping.

Yeah I did not consider that ayahuasca is being used a lot there. I guess it could in some way become mainstream then. However I don't think psychedelics are going to be legalized in most countries, maybe in a few countries, maybe some countries will follow suit, but I think many countries will not just out right fully legalize psychedelics. 

I agree with everything you said.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

it's beginning. It is something difficult, serious. but more and more famous people say they do it, that it's wonderful, etc. people need challenges and there are few. this is the ultimate challenge. Do you dare, not to do psychedelics once, but to go all the way? I can think of an interesting profession that many of us could do in 10 years: personal guide to psychedelics. I'm going to take you, in the space of two years, from virginity in psychedelic, to total unity, to God. to real enlightenment. Sure it's a good work, when you you have fully traveled the path and know it perfectly.

Edited by Breakingthewall

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/integrating-psychedelics-into-american-culture-and-law-a-post-prohibition-tickets-401388713447

Maps image.PNG

check these guys out, they're run by a guy who is fighting hard for them to be legalised. the research ive done on this site is very shallow, it may already be legal for professional settings i dont know...but what i do know is, the head of this organisation has a massive heart for integrating psychedelics into society legally...he also has some large millionaire/billionaire sponsors apparently 

Edited by Aaron p

Never, at least at the level where marihuana is now, there is too much potential to bad trips and society is very stupid they will reject any increase in consciousness

Mainstream in the sense that psychedelics like LSD, psilocybin, and DMT become widely legalized? Probably never. Mainstream in the sense that psychedelics become widely talked about? It's already happening.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins