Someone here

Be careful with Neo-Advaita trap

195 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:
15 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

have you heard of dharmakaya?

Aye.

How is this then different from what you are teaching?

I understand the part where the spiritual traditions are imaginary and I think I get what you are pointing to, but you cannot discredit them on the sole basis of that. There are living Mahayana and Vajrayana practitioners with crazy high levels of attainment. How come you think it's not a legit method for awakening? 

Edited by Kshantivadin

Vegan awake doesn't like this post.

Yeah man, totally agree with you. And Anna Brown is lately popping up in my YouTube feed it's so tiring ?

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can also just do a simple job, enjoy it, and make decent enough money.

For most people they are not ambitious or creative enough to need breaking out of wage slavery.

That’s bullshit. Maybes that’s for them. 

My work won’t even let me wear a hat when I’m cold at my own desk. Fuck that.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 20/09/2022 at 3:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

Because you imagine me.

But when you say "you" imagine me. 

some might mistake you referring to the illusory "you" imagining the illusory Leo.

On 20/09/2022 at 2:58 PM, Someone here said:

Think about your dreams at night...all other persons are just figments of your imagination.  You dream them all up . Once you wake up from the dream they all disappear. 

if the same dynamic is true with "real life "..then literally what's the point of social interactions with people if they are just figments of your mind and have no inner qualitative experience of their own ?

Really sit down and contemplate the implications and consequences of solipsism.  This is scary shit .

You don't get it. Your current self is a figment of "your" mind too. Others have the same inner qualitative experience as you. The real scary shit is that you are an Illusion!

Edited by Being_Ali33

4 hours ago, Being_Ali33 said:

But when you say "you" imagine me. 

some might mistake you referring to the illusory "you" imagining the illusory Leo.

If you understood what I'm saying, you'd be dead.

So mistakes are what you'll make. On purpose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you understood what I'm saying, you'd be dead.

So mistakes are what you'll make. On purpose.

^ And this is what it means.....when it is said.....everyone is full of shit. LOL, to stay alive....you got to spew bullshit, death is absolute truth...you have to deny what is absolutely true to stay alive. LOL!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

10 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^ And this is what it means.....when it is said.....everyone is full of shit. LOL, to stay alive....you got to spew bullshit, death is absolute truth...you have to deny what is absolutely true to stay alive. LOL!!!

So if this is true, then essentially no one is awake? Anyone who ever types here is deluded would that be your consensus?

8 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Anyone who ever types here is deluded

:ph34r:^_^

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

:ph34r:^_^

At this point how are you even alive then Leo ? wouldn't you be too conscious that it's a dream by now?

47 minutes ago, Godishere said:

At this point how are you even alive then Leo ? wouldn't you be too conscious that it's a dream by now?

I'm everywhere, so I got nowhere to go.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

In one of my awakenings on psychedelic mushrooms, where I was conscious of my absolute self (GOD) but I was also my ego self simultaneously?

I would switch from ego self to Absolute self back and forth.

It was mind boggling.

I also had complete deconstruction of the ego on other trips.

2 hours ago, Godishere said:

So if this is true, then essentially no one is awake? Anyone who ever types here is deluded would that be your consensus?

There are degrees of awakening, the more conscious one gets, the more one awakes to truth. At least in my experience.

But I always go back to sleep, not completely. As I am aware now that I am asleep and somewhat deluded.

Can you imagine if a "neo-advaita" teacher (?) actually cared about anything aside from just stroking their ego with how much more enlightened they are than others?

They would likely have amazing shit to say.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, Leo Gura said:

The Godhead, the substrate of consciousness itself, is the superposition of every possible form. But then that thing polarizes down into the concrete forms that make up your present experience. So your balls exist as part of the Godhead, along with all other possible balls, but then the balls you currently have have to somehow polarize out of all those infinity of balls.

@Leo Gura Ok, so using the balls example. It sounds like you are saying the infinity of all other balls only exist as a potential until they polarize into form when I am actively observing? Is this correct? 

16 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura Ok, so using the balls example. It sounds like you are saying the infinity of all other balls only exist as a potential until they polarize into form when I am actively observing? Is this correct? 

Yes.

That's what quantum mechanics says too.

Edited by Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes.

That's what quantum mechanics says too.

Quantum Mechanics says everything is one. Near Death survivors say everything is one. Psychedelic users say everything is one. Enlightened Master, Yogis say everything is One. There is only evidence that this is the case. Its so obvious when you connect all the dots....doesn't even make sense to think otherwise.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86