Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

Is osteo-arthritis curable?

2 posts in this topic

I am 26 years old currently and got diagnosed with osteo-arthritis 5 years ago in my right footwith an MRI scan ago due to a bad diet.

I had subsequent x-rays the following years but nothing showed up. I want it to go away as I constantly feel it in my foot on a daily basis, I had another MRI recently and waiting to see the results but I’m guessing it will be the same and I’d choose to believe them over am x-ray as they are more accurate.

Is it possible to cure it as I don’t buy it when the doctors say it’s incurable. Surely I can improve diet/get surgery or something to fix the issue permanently.

but again, maybe I’m wrong because I don’t know much about osteoarthritis. Just sucks to have it at such a young age. Really limits what I can do in terms of exercise. 

You might have been misdiagnosed the first time since nothing showed up in the consecutive years. 

OA is rarely diagnosed in people below 50. Yes you definitely want MRi, not X-ray for something like that.

Your nutrition definitely did not cause that, especially not at 26. OA takes decades to develop even in the most predisposed individuals and once you have it, you need a surgical replacement because the worn-out cartilage cannot be regrown or repaired. 

It is either a misdiagnosis or something completely different. Joints can be painful for many reasons. Get a second opinion. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus