Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alyra

Periphery Awareness???

5 posts in this topic

I'm noticing that some things, if I try to be aware of them they just disappear! it is so weird. it is as if they are on the periphery of my awareness! I can only fully experience them if I am focusing my awareness on something else - and that isn't the same thing as direct awareness! 

anyone else experience this before, know what I'm talking about? 

Do you mean objects seem to disappear visually? Wondering if you mean in a 'blind-spot' kind of way or more of an exists /doesn't exist kind of way? (Maybe it's pretty much the same thing?) 

Perception IS reality. I tend to think if it ain't there, it ain't there, even if just for a second or so. 

Fun to ponder & play with for sure.

Did you have a chance to check out Leo's episode on 'Naive Realism'?

Approach that one with a radically open mind & see if it doesn't mess you up. 

It's fun & funky to continue on to 'The Holographic Principle', if you enjoy science.

Have you ever tried to inhale & digest those blog posts over at Science and Non-duality? 

https://scienceandnonduality.wordpress.com/2016/06/11/matter-is-a-form-of-consciousness/

I mean, emotional things. like, the simple act of awareness makes some of them go away, so it's difficult to be mindful of them for observation, because in my attempts to observe the sensation, it fades out right away. 

Awareness is acceptance. If you look at resistance from the state of acceptance, resistance disappears. :)