LoneWonderer

Does chlorella actually detoxify heavy metals?

8 posts in this topic

I've heard Leo say in his heavy metals video that substances such as chlorella and spirulina only move heavy metals around the body but don't actually get rid of them. On the internet it says that animal studies have shown heavy metal detoxification with the use of chlorella but no mention on human trials.

Anybody an expert in this field? I want your advice. Am I just wasting my time with chlorella and spirulina?

Thanks! ?

When it comes to blue -green and green algae, majority claims are either made up completely or mechanistic speculations from in vitro studies are being exaggerated and extrapolated to human biology.

I would be highly cautious with supplementing high amounts of this stuff since we very little clinical data on dosages, long term safety and it really being more than just an expensive green poo.

And the heavy metal detoxication has never been verified properly in humans either, it is just something that naturopaths are spreading without a spec of evidence. 

You actually want high quality research and clinical safety data when embarking on something as aggressive as detoxication of heavy metals. Half assing can cause more damage than benefit 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Stay the fuck away from Chlorella. 

Chlorella is a chelating agent, it contains molecules that seem to bind to mercury molecules and begin to move them around the body. 

The issue with chlorella is that nobody knows how long it lasts in the body. It doesn't have a measurable half life at this stage, so when it binds to mercury, it could only last say three minutes, and then it will drop the mercury. 

ALA for example has I think a three hour half life, so the chelator molecule could bind to mercury that is say in your thigh, and then after three hours the molecule will basically dissipate, if you don't consume a fresh dose of ALA after that time, the mercury could travel from your thigh and be dropped in your brain (for example). That is why people say the ACC method is tedious, because you have to keep taking it every three hours, even when you sleep. 

Chlorella doesn't have a "half-life", and even if it did, you're probably not going to be taking the precise same dose each time so it is inconsistent and therefore dangerous. 

@Mada_ I don't think it's that dangerous. Ancient civilizations have been consuming chlorella and spirulina for centuries and nothing has happened to them. 

19 hours ago, LoneWonderer said:

@Mada_ I don't think it's that dangerous. Ancient civilizations have been consuming chlorella and spirulina for centuries and nothing has happened to them. 

Maybe that's why they're not around anymore

On 21/09/2022 at 5:13 PM, Devin said:

Maybe that's why they're not around anymore

or maybe it is the evolution of the societies, cruelty, liberation from oppression and the unsustainability of endless territorial expansion on the expense of other free populations that made once large empires like Roman or Ottoman crumble. Most of the descendants of once great civilisations are still around tho

Pretty sure chlorella had nothing to do with it :D 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus