Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrandeOrso

Working with consciousness AND wild expeditions

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I would love to read something from people that are somewhat in the field.

I won't bother you with my life story BUT

[add 3 paragraphs of life story]

anyway, I'm soon going to get my qualifications as expedition leader, as I'm young, energetic, kind of a monkey, love nature, excursions, blah blah so I feel the need to PUSH a little bit and roam the world, the total opposite of settling down

but of course I dont want to bullshit in the jungle and in the mountains forever, even though it's cool. that can be fine and i will love the lifestyle, but i'll feel the need to work on something more

that is undoubtably consciousness. i first thought about organizing expeditions with a psychedelic experience at the end, and even if that remains an option it might be trickier due to legal reasons and close-mindedness (mabye not in the usa, and i would be fine relocating there for a while, but at some point i would like to get back to switzerland).

so my thought was to invent something like multiday excursions with mindfulness, forest bathing, stuff like that. i read a book (https://www.amazon.com/book-vision-quest-transformation-wilderness/dp/0130801100) about these guys that run retreats for vision quest, sort of like a rite of passage, a symbolic death to restart anew, etc. you go with a group in the wilderness, set base camp, then the participants go alone for 3 days and 3 nights in the wild, fasting. there is a whole set of rituals and things you can do meanwhile, anyway starving and being bored to death in the womb of mother earth is supposed to be a life changing experience. and i do believe that.

i dont know what im actually seeking here. maybe someone in the field? it does sound very feasible, doesnt it? this could even get huge

i would need to partner up with a psychiatrist or a psychologist at least (my ex would do just great :D), since i will have wilderness and expedition experience but no recognized authority in the field of therapy. im also fine attending any course that brings me closer to this. you heard about anything? 

kind of a facilitator but cooler, and maybe even without drugs.

just throwing it out here, any comments, feedback is appreciated!!!

Check out Jamie Wheal, he's basically doing exactly that, and he's a pretty cool and intelligent guy as well.

This guy is also doing a similar thing.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus