Death_

Can we even think any new thoughts?

6 posts in this topic

I believe most of the things that we think aren't actually the things that we want to think rather most of them are coming from what we consume from the internet or from the conversations of people surrounding us. Am I wrong as this is just an assumption? Can people even go on living without any thoughts? Aren't thoughts necessary for making a civilization running and from going extinct? So why are there so much demonization against thought but why does it feel so tranquil to just be still.

Sorry I think I have gone out of my topic.

Yes, every thought is new....even if it is recycled content the thought, every thought itself is new.

The question is can or do we even think any unique thoughts? Hm

There is no new, only a remix. Everything is a remix, a reimagining, a recontextualization, a new spin on something that is there before. There is no beginning or end, end and beginning are intertwined, its a cycle, so every moment, is just recon textualizing what was before, so you could call it new, but new would be a beginning, but if its a beginning, then its not linked to anything, but since it is, it means it was built from something else, which means it needed something else, to exist, so how can it be new, new would be something that stood alone, but nothing stands alone, so...its just a reimagining.

New= unique, but the unique is just a recombination of what already was there....just an illusion of something new. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Here's a new original thought for ya:

Skeeta-dompha-keela mocapolyso! xD

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

leo's latest puts some flesh on the bones of this topic, there are 3 modes:

1. if you are socializing, all your thoughts are group think, you are a cog in the wheel and toeing society's line

2. if you contemplate quietly and deeply, you can get creative original ideas

3. if you meditate which is getting to no thought, god might throw you a bone or two