D2sage

Sweden Has now Higher Crime Rate than USA

123 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Maybe what you say is true.

I presume you have the view of Sweden that you do because you reasoned your way to that view based on evidence.

I'm trying to understand what evidence it was that led you to your view. If there is sufficient, reliable evidence, then I will agree with your view.

I do not live in Sweden so I cannot get evidence with my own experiences there. Unless I move to Sweden, which I don't want to do atm.

Hence, why I would like to see the evidence that backs up your views. For example, the source of your statistics. Would you not agree that it is important to make sure that the source of someone's statistics are reliable? Or that someone's statistical claims are accurate?

Majority of evidence is biased and half- baked you would need to scour for more and more and also combine it with direct experience to find it. Finding the truth to something....takes time, a lot of it. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Ulax  I've been on 2 crime scenes so far. Blood splatters on the wall. I've smelled a dead corpse. My uncle works as a taxi driver and one time he got a costumer who killed a guy with a gun when he arrived at his destination.

But there are still nice places in Sweden.

And the statistic is good enough because they take all the reported crimes from Swedish police. And who need statistics when every alternative media is going out there and documenting this.

Edited by D2sage

I will provide a link (This won't say anything about immigrants, this just shows a basic crime stat comparison between the US and Sweden): https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Sweden/United-States/Crime/table

Relevant stats:

1. Total crimes per 1000 | Sweden:138.35 Ranked 2nd. (3 times more than United States)  > US: 41.29 Ranked 22nd.
  2. Violent crime -> Gun crime -> Guns per 100 residents | Sweden:31.6 Ranked 10th. < US: 88.8 Ranked 1st. (3 times more than Sweden)

3. Violent crime -> Murder rate per million people |Sweden: 9.7 (Ranked 75th.) < US: 42.01 Ranked 43th. (4 times more than Sweden)

4. Violent crime -> Rapes per million people | 635.52 Ranked 3rd. (2 times more than United States) > US: 274.04 Ranked 9th.
  5. Murders with firearms per million |  Sweden:6.5 Ranked 24th. US: 32.57 Ranked 10th. (5 times more than Sweden)

6. Violent crime -> Murders per million people |Sweden: 9.7 Ranked 75th. <  US: 42.01 Ranked 43th. (4 times more than Sweden)

7. Murders -> Per 100,000 people |Sweden: 2.4 Ranked 87th. US: 5.9 Ranked 63th. (2 times more than Sweden)

8. Prisoners -> Per capita|Sweden: 75 per 100,000 people Ranked 108th. < US:  715 per 100,000 people Ranked 1st. (10 times more than Sweden)

9. Car thefts per 1000 |Sweden:  6.87 Ranked 3rd. (59% more than United States) > US: 4.33 Ranked 11th.

On 9/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, D2sage said:

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp?title=2022

Sweden right now is not a fun place to be in. This is due to mass immigration, but you are apparently a nazi if you state facts.

People get shot during day time. Outside of preschool with traumatized children to shopping malls and crowded streets.

Cops are pussies, not allowed to use necessary tools. Criminals get better food in prison than the elderly.

Criminals get treated as victims sometimes far too often.

Highest gas/tax price in the world, but what do we get? Huge penis repeatedly in the butt by the government.

Once Vikings, but now some can't even decide whether they are a man or a female.

This is fucking depressing.

I don't think it's as simple as you may expect!

The link that you have provided “may” have a few flaws.

Low quality surveys or studies usually use one or two basic metrics to determine a conclusion, such as, “crime rates are calculated by dividing the total number of reported crimes of any kind by the total population”.   

The key words to focus on in  “crime rates are calculated by dividing the total number of reported crimes of any kind by the total population”, are, REPORTED CRIMES and ANY KIND!

Those two Key words open a whole can of worms that can be misconstrued in many ways.

Here is a better site to peruse to determine a more comprehensive opinion and comparison between the two countries!

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Sweden/United-States/Crime/table

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas and beliefs!

On 9/16/2022 at 1:32 PM, D2sage said:

This is due to mass immigration, but you are apparently a nazi if you state facts.

The facts you presented state no such cause.

In the US, crimes specifically done my immigrants are actually lower than those of locals.

This idea that immigrants are crimminals is a common right-wing dogma.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the US, crimes specifically done my immigrants are actually lower than those of locals.

@Leo Gura It's mostly illegal immigrants and refugees that increases the crime rates of a place. 

Legal immigrants are usually high skilled workers who came there through due process of law. Of course they have no reason to indulge in crimes. 

You are simply wrong about Sweden. 

The only thing that has changed in the recent times in Sweden is increased intake of immigrants. 

Please do research on Google.

Maybe the RW pov does have validity. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/swedish-pm-says-integration-immigrants-has-failed-fueled-gang-crime-2022-04-28/

The logic is simple. Inequality increases when you accept migrants in huge numbers and inequality in society is the number one predictor of increasing violence. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

@Leo Gura

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My immigrants? Freudian slip? 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, exactly. Most immigrants are people who just wanna have a decent job and feed their families.

@Leo Gura

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I mean mass immigration as a political decision, not individuality.

it is mass immigration as a decision that is questioned, not individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/c/primecrimese

That is a Swedish youtube channel that posts trials publicly. I've listened to all. Every single trial with gang crime and shootings is non-Swedish.

In the USA it probably looks different. Here in Sweden, they have shoved all immigrants into one place. In some areas, they don't even speak Swedish and use Arabic signs.

It has divided Sweden badly.

No need to state facts, it is common knowledge now in Sweden. Watch this video on how mass immigration has worked out.

Edited by D2sage

30 minutes ago, D2sage said:

In the USA it probably looks different. Here in Sweden, they have shoved all immigrants into one place. In some areas, they don't even speak Swedish and use Arabic signs

Yeah, immigration if done in a wrong way can end up causing a lot of trouble. You cannot just shove people into your country, it is very important to actively incoroporate them into society or you may end up with gangs or extermists. 

On 2022-09-17 at 1:31 PM, zurew said:

I will provide a link (This won't say anything about immigrants, this just shows a basic crime stat comparison between the US and Sweden): https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Sweden/United-States/Crime/table

Relevant stats:

1. Total crimes per 1000 | Sweden:138.35 Ranked 2nd. (3 times more than United States)  > US: 41.29 Ranked 22nd.
  2. Violent crime -> Gun crime -> Guns per 100 residents | Sweden:31.6 Ranked 10th. < US: 88.8 Ranked 1st. (3 times more than Sweden)

3. Violent crime -> Murder rate per million people |Sweden: 9.7 (Ranked 75th.) < US: 42.01 Ranked 43th. (4 times more than Sweden)

4. Violent crime -> Rapes per million people | 635.52 Ranked 3rd. (2 times more than United States) > US: 274.04 Ranked 9th.
  5. Murders with firearms per million |  Sweden:6.5 Ranked 24th. US: 32.57 Ranked 10th. (5 times more than Sweden)

6. Violent crime -> Murders per million people |Sweden: 9.7 Ranked 75th. <  US: 42.01 Ranked 43th. (4 times more than Sweden)

7. Murders -> Per 100,000 people |Sweden: 2.4 Ranked 87th. US: 5.9 Ranked 63th. (2 times more than Sweden)

8. Prisoners -> Per capita|Sweden: 75 per 100,000 people Ranked 108th. < US:  715 per 100,000 people Ranked 1st. (10 times more than Sweden)

9. Car thefts per 1000 |Sweden:  6.87 Ranked 3rd. (59% more than United States) > US: 4.33 Ranked 11th.

Should have included rape rate:

• Ranked 3rd. 2 times more than United States

Crime is crime

Edited by D2sage

@D2sage you need to think about what percentage of cases gets reported to the authorities.

Sweden is a way more civilized country, where people feel safer to report abuse than the US.

@Girzo

Nah, many people have reported feeling unsafe reporting due to Sweden's lack of anonymity.

I live in Sweden for 30 years.

It is a comedy show really:

Edited by D2sage

Sweden people are different in mentality from immigrants who came from islamic countries, especially from war areas, usually with more extroverted mentality compared to Sweden people. They are the complete opposite, of course there will be some conflicts.

Broadly It's stage -orange-green vs red-blue

It's a green thing to be humane and patient with immigrants, it's not bad, it's wonderful and I wish all countries were like that. The question is, what immigrants you are not ready to accept, where is your boundary, where you mark a big red line, because there must be one.

There are differences in cultures mentality and consciousness development, it's not racism to point it out, and it doesn't mean that they can't change or develop in future, it is what it is now, better to admit that than being deluded and act as if there is no problem, or that it's not part of the problem, and then pay the price.

As someone pointed it out here, it's an importent part of Sweden development, it's a lesson that stage green has to go through, to realize that it's good to be good, but it can't and shouldn't save anyone and everyone according to some utopian fantasy, that sometimes reality demands you to make priorities.

What is the solution? Imo, first to admit that and second, to not allow/to be more strict with illegal immigration for few years (or forever), later to become more authoritarian, make it clear that there will be serious consequences for people who do crimes, no prison ease, no short periods of confinement and in some cases deportation from the country.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

@Lila9

The right-wing politician party won the election who was held 1 week ago. Promised to take responsibility now.

They have already begun. It's mandatory now to learn the Swedish language before you can get welfare. That's very good because it's very important that all can speak the same language.

The Muslim party wanted a school for only Muslims. That's bad because it divides us even more.  It creates parallel societies.

Should be all religions under the same roof as always have been since 1970 when many Muslims immigrated to Sweden.

Edited by D2sage

4 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

It's mostly illegal immigrants and refugees that increases the crime rates of a place. 

Legal immigrants are usually high skilled workers who came there through due process of law. Of course they have no reason to indulge in crimes. 

You are simply wrong about Sweden. 

The only thing that has changed in the recent times in Sweden is increased intake of immigrants. 

Funny how your own logic negates itself.

If the only thing's that's changed is an increased intake of immigrants, then those are legal immigrants, which you say have no reason to engage in crimes.

Of course immigration can cause problems, but you gotta actually demonstrate that because it's all too easy to just make up such assumptions from xenophobic bias, as folks love to do in the US. I have not seen any evidence that immigration in the US inherently causes problems or is a net negative on society.

I'm not saying it can't be a problem in Sweeden, but you gotta make sure that's actually true.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

Should have included rape rate:

• Ranked 3rd. 2 times more than United States

Crime is crime

Its there

On 2022. 09. 17. at 1:31 PM, zurew said:

Violent crime -> Rapes per million people | 635.52 Ranked 3rd. (2 times more than United States) > US: 274.04 Ranked 9th.

But this not proves your theory about immigrants though.

@Leo Gura

but you gotta make sure that's actually true. Many people have lived in denial here as well ut now its impssoible not to see.

2 days ago at postnord (Swedens postal service), They work there.

It's definitely a problem for those who ordered an iPhone.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338563093_Migrants_and_Crime_in_Sweden_in_the_Twenty-First_Century

The investigation (from 2002 to 2017) covers seven distinct categories of crime, and distinguishes between seven regions of origin.

Based on 33 per cent of the population (2017), 58 per cent of those suspect for total crime on reasonable grounds are migrants.

Regarding murder, manslaughter and attempted murder, the figures are 73 percent, while the proportion of robbery is 70 per cent.

Non-registered migrants are linked to about 13 per cent of total crime. Given the fact that this group is small, crime propensity among non-registered migrants is significant

Edited by D2sage