Ineedanswers

Pedophilia= the love of children?

198 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Are you saying Good and evil are subjective evaluations of moral outcomes ?we can see this in holy wars where killing the enemy is good but having your people killed is evil. For any particular death however the assessment of good vs evil is exactly opposite depending on the perspective of the evaluator.

The mistake is treating good and evil as nouns instead of adjectives.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Are you saying Good and evil are subjective evaluations of moral outcomes ?

No.

I am saying something far more profound. I'm saying evil simply doesn't exist. The only thing that exists is Good. Good is not a subjective human evaluation. Good is a metaphysical Absolute.

To reach the highest level of Awakening you will have to see good in absolutely everything. Anything you reject as "bad" will limit your consciousness.

This is not license to act like a jerk. Although if you do, God will love you all the same.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

I am saying something far more profound. I'm saying evil simply doesn't exist. The only thing that exists is Good. Good is not a subjective human evaluation. Good is a metaphysical Absolute.

To reach the highest level of Awakening you will have to see good in absolutely everything. Anything you reject as "bad" will limit your consciousness.

This is not license to act like a jerk.

If  God made everything so he is the source not just of everything good, but everything evil too. In fact,we may not comprehend the depth of God's evil. If a theist cannot accept God made evil then there is a cognitive dissonance they must hold since there's no explaining away the fact that evil exists in a world made by a supposedly only good God.

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

he is the source not just of everything good, but everything evil too.

God only creates Good. Evil is just your lack of intelligence in comprehending God's Goodness.

If you were as intelligent as God, you could not see evil.

What you consider to be evil is just a speck of dust on your glasses. If you bothered to wipe off your glasses the evil would disappear. But instead you go fighting the "evil" out there in the world. How silly is that?

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

This discussion reminds me of an old joke:

What's the difference between the Paedophile and the Pedagogue?

- The Paedophile loves children.

The bigger question, that stands behind this one, that needs to be answered before answering this one, is that of how we are defining good and evil. How we define good and evil and where we obtain those definitions will help us recognize if God is good or evil.
From the historic Christian perspective, God is only good. Evil is not a thing in itself, but a deviation from good. God created all things, including definitions. God is love and there is no darkness (evil) in him at all. Yes, God allows evil to take place, simply because he created us with a free will, to act as we choose. I do not think that anyone wants God forcing them to do what is good and right. That behavior needs to come from us, from our own legitimate desire.

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How we define good and evil and where we obtain those definitions

You cannot define Good because it is Infinite.

11 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

All these originate from fear and hurt. When you start transcending, you expose yourself to love. Love wipes out slowly the fear out of your system, and heals all the dysfunctional ways of thinking and acting. Transcendence and healing are long processes that usually take years. You talk about it like it is a press of a button. 

I disagree. when you transcend fear and hurt, these wounded parts do not heal, they are simply revealed to be illusions of the ego mind. You cannot survive in the physical world without an ego. Therefore it is necessary to build a healthy one and wear it as a loose fitting garment. If you want to spend the rest of your life in a transcendent state meditating in a cave then so be it. But to actually do things in the material world, you need to heal your wounded parts.

Furthermore, the transcendence that psychedelics offer are just temporary glimpses and wear off after a few months leaving you just as wounded as before.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You cannot define Good because it is Infinite.

Well let me disagree with you here leo ..

Good does not exist. It is just a word we use to describe objects, feelings, actions, sensations, things we see, here, taste and experience in a positive way. Things that we experience and view in a negative way are “bad” or even “evil”….Nature itself does not define things the way humans do. If all humans disappeared from the face of the earth nature would not define that as bad. it would just keep on doing what it is doing.

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well let me disagree with you here leo ..

Good does not exist. It is just a word we use to describe objects, feelings, actions, sensations, things we see, here, taste and experience in a positive way. Things that we experience and view in a negative way are “bad” or even “evil”….Nature itself does not define things the way humans do. If all humans disappeared from the face of the earth nature would not define that as bad. it would just keep on doing what it is doing.

False

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

False

Maybe.  I'm open to this possibility . I need to experience awakening to Love/Goodness of existence. 

As per my current  conviction..there is nothing that is 100% good or efficient or in other word "perfect".
According to me no one should be perfect because if you fill the glass with water up to its brim than there will be no further scope to fill it. One should keep learning new things. The day this thought comes in your mind that I know too much , you won't be able to think and learn further.
Thanks for your time ?

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe.  I'm open to this possibility . I need to experience awakening to Love/Goodness of existence. 

As per my current  conviction..there is nothing that is 100% good or efficient or in other word "perfect".
According to me no one should be perfect because if you fill the glass with water up to its brim than there will be no further scope to fill it. One should keep learning new things. The day this thought comes in your mind that I know too much , you won't be able to think and learn further.
Thanks for your time ?

You have to grasp reality in it's entirety for that realisation. If you just run down some list of things in reality, you will never find anything that is completely Good.

Your constant analysis and ruminations are actually getting you farther away from this awareness.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

You have to grasp reality in it's entirety for that realisation. If you just run down some list of things in reality, you will never find anything that is completely Good.

Obviously I can't grasp reality in its entirety because its infinite. 

I only can deal with the bits and pieces that are thrown here and there in the universe and make my judgement based on that . And based on that I say reality is neither good nor bad. It's neutral. In other words it's indifferent. It doesn't give a shit about us .

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Obviously I can't grasp reality in its entirety because its infinite. 

I only can deal with the bits and pieces that are thrown here and there in the universe and make my judgement based on that . And based on that I say reality is neither good nor bad. It's neutral. In other words it's indifferent. It doesn't give a shit about us .

How is that obvious?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

How is that obvious?

Easy to prove that reality is indifferent . I'm  gonna use a gross example here but bear with me lol..

Imagine You have erectile dysfunction and you are going through hell..the sun will still rise ..the birds will still sing in the morning..etc..nothing in the universe will stop playing its role just because YOU are depressed. Who tf do you think you are  ?

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Nilsi

Easy to prove that reality is indifferent . I'm  gonna use a gross example here but bear with me lol..

Imagine You have erectile dysfunction and you are going through hell..the sun will still rise ..the birds will still sing in the morning..etc..nothing in the universe will stop playing its role just because YOU are depressed. Who tf do you think you are  ?

What are you talking about? xD

This will not work if you just go on random tangents. We were on the topic of possibly grasping reality in it's entirety, that's what your mind should be focused on right now.

I'll leave this one to Dr. Freud.

Edited by Nilsi

@Nilsi I was talking about the part that reality is neutral and doesn't care whichever way our lives turn out to be .

About grasping  reality in its entirety..We can appreciate a part of it, realize a further smaller part of appreciation. But complete reality cannot be understood as as our operations of observation influence the event or microscopic object/system.

How can you step outside of infinity and measure it from outside?  It has no outside. Because it has no end .therefore it's ungraspable. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@Nilsi I was talking about the part that reality is neutral and doesn't care whichever way our lives turn out to be .

About grasping  reality in its entirety..We can appreciate a part of it, realize a further smaller part of appreciation. But complete reality cannot be understood as as our operations of observation influence the event or microscopic object/system.

How can you step outside of infinity and measure it from outside?  It has no outside. Because it has no end .therefore it's ungraspable. 

I'm not talking about stepping outside it. An awakening experience is precisely you grasping yourself in your entirety, which should be your goal (instead of your armchair philosophy).

2 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

An awakening experience is precisely you grasping yourself in your entirety.

Actually all my "awakenings " revealed to me that I don't know crap .not grasping myself even in the slightest little bit . But that's something you have to experience. Maybe your awakenings are different than mine .

Let me ask you: did you have awakening experiences before ? And what was revealed to you ?

-Osho

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Thanks for your time ?

Yes you just have to awaken to the realization that finitude, which is imperfection, is a dream of God's.   Isn't it ironic that you as God dream of imperfection?  The only way fo attain it is through dreaming. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.