ShardMare

Is it bad if im eating the same things over again even if its healthy?

13 posts in this topic

This is what i eat everyday for the past 8 monts lets say:

5 eggs, 1 glutenfree bread, 1cup milk, 1 banana

0,5liter Milk banana peanut butter glutenfree oat

Chicken rice

For lunch i eat what they get me from hospital( its diet for celiacs)

Its diverse. Yesterday it was broccoli soup and carrots mashedpotatoes and chicken

Apple cottage cheese yoghurt

And other fruits i find at home( grapes,figs, pear)

Peanut butter is just poison

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I can think of two potential problems: 

1) A variety of foods gives you much higher chances that you hit all of your nutrients because most single foods don’t have the whole spectrum. Even a single vitamin that is missing could mess you up. 
2) Some foods, especially plant foods have anti nutrients. These are generally healthy to consume in small amounts but if you hammer in the same food every day you would consume exactly the same anti nutrient every day which would harm your body.

Why would you want to eat the same thing anyway ?

12 minutes ago, integral said:

Peanut butter is just poison

lol what’s wrong with peanut butter? It’s just mashed peanuts.

@Jannes i go to gym i have to go high protein diet and its easy to just eat the same stuff everyday for me.

There are so many hard recipes. No actually this is just bullshit

Rather i think its because it costs lot, i mean vegetables. This too is bullshit.

I ll tell my dad get just random fruits and vegetables, im variety colors and stuff. 

I made the mistake i thought i have to make recipes if i buy vegetables or certain products.

I can eat a vegetable in itself.

@ShardMare Yeah you can eat many veggies and most fruits raw. 
You could also consider buying an instant pot. Just put a bunch of healthy shit in there like legumes, whole grains, frozen veggies, .. and then you just have to press a button and it does the job for you. Haha that’s how I solved it I hate cooking as well. 

1 hour ago, Jannes said:

lol what’s wrong with peanut butter? It’s just mashed peanuts.

It has one of the highest concentration of plant defence anti-nutrients and one of the highest pesticide dense foods. It makes your hair week and fall out. Pull on your hair notice how strong it is and how it doesn’t just rip out then eat peanut butter and try again to pull on your hair and notice how it easily comes out.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, Jannes said:

These are generally healthy to consume in small amounts but if you hammer in the same food every day you would consume exactly the same anti nutrient every day which would harm your body

2 hours ago, integral said:

It has one of the highest concentration of plant defence anti-nutrients

you guys need to stop believing the antinutrient nonsense :D Seriously. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Jannes yes great idea thank u.

@integral thats weird. 

But there is problems with eggs, milk,glutenfree bread too f.e. but in moderate stuff its not bad.

@Michael569 i see. Do u think this diet fine?

There are lot of nutrients in there

I am way more extreme, when it comes to eating similar things. I have not found it to be an issue, but I still mix a lot of things up with with a similar idea for the meal. 

It would not hurt to study up on healthy items and just try to find ones that sound interesting to you and mix them in every now and then. 

2 hours ago, ShardMare said:

Michael569 i see. Do u think this diet fine?

Looks a little bit dull with all that chicken & rice but nutrient-wise you are probably OK.  You could throw in some more fibre and some occasional DHA source would probably be nice. As others mentioned, some extra variety of other types of foods would be nice. Any  gluten-free cookbook would fix that for ya. 

Just out of curiosity. Are you a hospital worker or do you get dietitian-prepared food? Coeliac is fairly easy to build your diet around, 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

you guys need to stop believing the antinutrient nonsense :D Seriously. 

I heard that they aren’t as bad as once thought. But if I eat the same food all the time and so always consume the exact same anti nutrient, will that not be bad for me?

@Jannes nope you're good. Ofcourse megadosing greens and eating raw legumes still isn't a good idea (obviously). But normal volumes of these foods consumed by humams are totally safe. 

For all we know (and according to what early animal research is suggesting), some antinutrients might actually be beneficial for us. 

@Average Investor yea

@Michael569 in eggs there are dha. Sometimes i eat seeds and nuts. I cant eat fish it gets me headaches.

I dont rwork in hospital. They just seem healthy and i dont want my mum to cook everyday.