Matthew85

What do you know for certain about consciousness and reality?

52 posts in this topic

Consciousness never ceases to exist.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Razard86 said:

How does the word self conjure up the notion of a self relative to other any more than infinity? You do realize infinity...is the largest plurality that can ever be right? So how do you think self can conjure relativity and not infinity? 

Infinity is singular. The plurality of infinity only exists insofar as the small self runs the show and carries on its conceptualisations. 

The final layer here is not abiding in infinite awareness or consciousness. 

Psychedelics can be useful, but they can also set you back to the extent they expand the sense of self, of story, etc.

Infinity has no self. A self is a thing that can be pointed to. It is a conceptualisation which attempts to circumscribe that which can never be circumscribed.

“Here! There’s a self here!” claimed the frightened thought, dissolving as it vainly tried to arrive.

If you’re getting triggered in any way by the denial of consciousness, awareness, or the self… there may be a lesson there.

There is no you in infinity.

What remains is an appearance which was formerly mislabelled as a self. It’s a beautiful shock. 

Persistence of the self is almost inevitable. It carries with it the fear of death. It’s the toughest parasite imaginable, and it will always find a place to hide - even in infinity. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

@axiom what is a self? 

A powerful and persistent illusion of ownership, authorship and meaning which veils infinity, hiding its beauty and immediacy.

Apparently.

18 minutes ago, axiom said:

A powerful and persistent illusion of ownership, authorship and meaning which veils infinity, hiding its beauty and immediacy.

Ok, but if the self disappears and absolute infinity remains, you are still you, in the sense that that is what you are, without meaning but still is you, the same that you are now, since nothing else is, but without that encapsulation that make the self attached 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall

The appearance remains, but it is unencumbered by a you.

This is actually already the case, since the self is only an illusion.

Whatever the you is currently imagining to be its own experience continues… just more beautiful, more alive… no filter.

Apparently.

so when you say self you mean the pressure of should be, the need for control and meaning. ok, agree, but even without that, what remains is you. In the end there is only you. As you said above, it is a problem of semantics, and self or you is too broad and confusing. 

48 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

so when you say self you mean the pressure of should be, the need for control and meaning. ok, agree, but even without that, what remains is you. In the end there is only you. As you said above, it is a problem of semantics, and self or you is too broad and confusing. 

The you is the claim-staking energy.

“You” just has so much baggage as a term that it seems about as accurate as “pizza”

Apparently.

2 hours ago, axiom said:

“You” just has so much baggage as a term that it seems about as accurate as “pizza”

Yes it's as if it places an overlay of meaning purpose and value over top of reality and functions from that perspective.... Everything feels personal!

The sense of self will create all kinds of mystical and fantastic stories about what enlightenment is or would be like....& it thinks there will be a firework show when it's finally attained!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Reality is infinite and described often as singular or one because there never was a real separate individual to begin with.... not in this body and not in any of them, it was just an illusion of self, an illusion of ownership and doership!

Reality is unknowable in the sense that it can't be described or put in a box and checked off as understood or hung on a nail.

And there is no answer to why that is needed!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, axiom said:

Good definition. If you focus on that energy that claims, that desire for yourself, you realize that there is no self, only the energy. if that energy cease, what remains? to be without limit, without definition. Total depth. but you are still you in the sense that it is what exists, albeit without any sense of self

@Breakingthewall What is your perspective on God exploring simultaneous experiences at the same time. Leo says that when God is being me, that is all it is exploring. God isn't exploring simultaneous experiences. This seems highly unlikely and very inefficient. Why would something that is infinite limit itself to only my single experience? Have you received any insights on this during your awakenings?

25 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Breakingthewall What is your perspective on God exploring simultaneous experiences at the same time. Leo says that when God is being me, that is all it is exploring. God isn't exploring simultaneous experiences. This seems highly unlikely and very inefficient. Why would something that is infinite limit itself to only my single experience? Have you received any insights on this during your awakenings?

no idea. Before I thought I understood, but the mechanics of reality completely escape to me. I would say that Leo's approach has a basic error. he says: right now all that exists is your experience, and you will experience everything at some point. when? if time is a creation, that is obvious. and who? it is completely wrong. the only possibility is that everything is being experienced right now. but I speak logically. Probably the thing is like the Leo's poem, infinity infinitely unfolding, actually being a infinite singularity of being

On 9/14/2022 at 9:12 AM, Breakingthewall said:

no idea. Before I thought I understood, but the mechanics of reality completely escape to me. I would say that Leo's approach has a basic error. he says: right now all that exists is your experience, and you will experience everything at some point. when? if time is a creation, that is obvious. and who? it is completely wrong. the only possibility is that everything is being experienced right now. but I speak logically. Probably the thing is like the Leo's poem, infinity infinitely unfolding, actually being a infinite singularity of being

I'm sure he is being true to his experience as best he can. It doesn't resonate with me though that infinity is limiting itself to only my single bubble of experience. 

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

I'm sure he is being true to his experience as best he can. It doesn't resonate with me though that infinity is limiting itself to only my single bubble of experience. 

all the experiences that can be experienced are being experienced right now. We are a singular being and at the same time multiple. you and I are the same. exactly. only that it seems to you that you are in one place and to me in another, that is, having two appearances we have split into two. but not in two, but in infinite. there is only one. there are infinite experiences. each atom is you. appearances are just appearances, like thoughts that arise spontaneously from the infinite well that is your mind. They are nothing, soap bubbles. they all collapse into one: you. or me. there is not the slightest difference because those appearances are nothing, since the infinite, being infinite, cannot help but form them, as if they were contained within it by default. one or the other is the same as all together. you can encompass all of them in their infinity and make them disappear, but in an instant they will reappear like infinite soap bubbles. 

The question is: why are you not seeing what I see? because if we put together everything that is being seen, heard and experienced, that is what you are: god, the infinity well. you open the well and fragment yourself into infinite experiences, within which there are other infinite experiences. and each one has a little engineering trick. a small padlock that nullifies a dimension, the infinite dimension. It is a closure, a firewall, that God, in his infinite engineering, puts in each experience. in fact, you are the firewall. this infinite mud molds your experience. if you remove it, you open yourself to infinity, there is no more bubble. this closure except in rare cases is immovable, except for certain wildcards placed in the program that can be used, such as psychedelics. everything is infinity engineering that you do for a reason: art. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, Matthew85 said:

There is no "my" experience.  There is only Being..and that's what You are.  This is Total.  Also your questions about being limited to human senses - keep in mind that Absolutely speaking your senses are not yours as in the small self.  That is an illusion where the ego has appeared to co-opt them.   Perception is an illusion.   There is only Being.   What you deem as sight, sound, touch, smell, etc are not human senses they are the raw Being of the Universe.  They are Absolute Truth.  Again this requires a shift in consciousness to Absolute Consciousness.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I'm interested in your awakening as you seem to be one of maybe 5-10 people on the forum who are legitimately awake.

Besides psychedelics, what would you recommend as the "fastest" way for someone to wake up? 

Would you recommend enlightenment to everyone and if so/not why?

How did your life change after "waking up?"

19 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Inliytened1 I'm interested in your awakening as you seem to be one of maybe 5-10 people on the forum who are legitimately awake.

Besides psychedelics, what would you recommend as the "fastest" way for someone to wake up? 

Would you recommend enlightenment to everyone and if so/not why?

How did your life change after "waking up?"

Thanks well you have said you had some awakenings yourself when we talked correct?  How have things been going since?

As for othet tools - Self inquiry, meditation (namely do nothing meditation and concentration meditation) .   While listening to Leo's original enlightenment videos.  

Yes I would want everyone to awaken if it were possible.    However you as the ego will die and the ego doesn't take to dying very well.   Not everyone is mentally stable enough to awaken - as there are some very rough periods where you will feel like you are losing your mind.   It doesn't mean people with mental illness can't awaken but there needs be a degree of level headedness.  But even with the rough patches - the Bliss and Divinity make that all worth it.  But just as a rabbit will never become enlightened - most beings won't either.  

I stopped worrying about everything.  And  It really takes the fear of death away.   That doesn't mean I want to die - so I am still cautious.  But you won't panic about stuff like you did in the past.   You also see the Divinity in everything after experiencing God.  It makes reality magical.  You don't worry about your mortality or your physical ailments so much anymore.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Godishere

The fastest way to wake up is to simply stop seeking. Unfortunately for the "you" that thinks it can get there, there is actually no you to do it... so it cannot actually be done. It can only seem to happen on its own - and without any input from "you" whatsoever.

Here's the thing. You don't have any free will - not one iota - to make any decision about it, to get any closer to it, or to strive for it in any way at all. Try to predict your next thought. Impossible. Thoughts simply arise. All of the apparent actions you've ever taken in your entire apparent life... these also simply appeared. There was never a you behind them.

All is not lost though. The seeking energy - the energy that stakes claim to the appearance as its own, as somehow belonging to it... this energy eventually seems to wear itself out, over what seems to be a lifetime or even lifetimes. This ongoing seeking, attachment and reattachment to forms, to thoughts, to new apparent bodies has been called "reincarnation". 

So. All of "your" thoughts are simply appearances arising, being claimed by the self as its own. You do not exist. These words - "you do not exist" - are used so often by Neo-Advaita speakers and writers so as to feel like platitudes. But as Leonard Cohen might have said, these words are the crack where the light gets in. When looked upon afresh, without bias, sometimes - albeit rarely - what they are pointing to can be clearly and suddenly seen.

Everything you think you are - all of it - was always just thoughts. And these appeared without any input from you whatsoever, and they were moulded into some storyline of a self over the course of your apparent life. It's all a misapprehension. None of it actually happened. There never was a you. You were never there.

Awakening thus cannot be recommended by anyone or even wanted by anyone. There's just noone there to recommend it or want it.

Life seems to change insofar as there is obviously noone left to stake a claim to the appearance anymore. The appearance is thus completely free and unfiltered - more magical, more alive, more mysterious. Like an impossible miracle.

There is no rhyme or reason to awakening. When the seeking stops, it stops. And then it can be seen that nothing at all actually caused it. It happened whenever it happened, on its own terms. Without a person being there - ever - to be involved in it.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.