Someone here

What would you do with a million dollar ?

23 posts in this topic

Imagine you have million dollars...what would you do with all that money? 

Personally I will spend it on sex and drugs!!! Not kidding..that's what I'm gonna do. Another things on the list as well ..like the best most tasty food and traveling around the globe etc .

What about  you ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I will use it for my needs and then I use some to set up an organization or foundation that helps people in need. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Quit my job and university and just chill out, travel around and do philosophy.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Carl-Richard how to get those though? Any ideas on how to become a wealthy hotshot? xD

You are a smart guy.  Maybe buying all the numbers of the lottery lol

12 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I will use it for my needs and then I use some to set up an organization or foundation that helps people in need. 

So your selfish and petty NEEDS are more important than charity ?lol ?  yeah will spend half of it on getting my needs met and I think it's a good idea to do charity.  Makes you feel good about yourself . Even that turns out to be fueled by selfish motives lol jk .

11 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Quit my job and university and just chill out, travel around and do philosophy.

Do you want to become a philosopher?  Because that's actually my life purpose which unfortunately can't be actualized precisely because lack of the goddam money lol

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard

Do you want to become a philosopher?  Because that's actually my life purpose which unfortunately can't be actualized precisely because lack of the goddam money lol

I'd like to think I'm already one xD

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard how to get those though? Any ideas on how to become a wealthy hotshot? xD

You are a smart guy.  Maybe buying all the numbers of the lottery lol

See house, buy house.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I'd like to think I'm already one xD

You ain't one unless you read Descartes, kant,Schopenhauer, and philosophers from this ilk . 

Its one thing to philosophize on a forum like me (basically mentally masturbating) and it's another deal to become a professional philosopher . 

It's not easy . And unfortunately a philosophy degree is not worth a penny nowadays ?.  Difficult to get a job with a philosophy degree. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You ain't one unless you read Descartes, kant,Schopenhauer, and philosophers from this ilk .

I almost bought some of Bernardo Kastrup's books on various philosophers to read this summer, but then I forgot :)

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

I almost bought some of Bernardo Kastrup's books on various philosophers to read this summer, but then I forgot :)

Actually you introduced me to Bernardo . By sharing a video of him with Rupert Spira.  I didn't know the guy back then. But you keep talking about him all the time. And indeed he has some interesting ideas. 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Actually you introduced me to Bernardo . By sharing a video of him with Rupert Spira.  I didn't know the guy back then. But you keep talking about him all the time. And indeed he has some interesting ideas. 

He's the perfect storm that academia needs; a rebel who you can't shoot down by referencing a lack of credentials.

Edited by Carl-Richard

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Cut me some slack lol. I'm currently going through Nietzsche's Bibliography, but I'm not a fucking Wizard, I can only comprehend so much in a day.

I also don't think you necessarily have to study all of the classics to be a great philosopher (I'm still interested in doing it, but that's more for my own pleasure, not because I think that that's the best investment of my time).

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He's the perfect storm that academia needs; a rebel who you can't shoot down by referencing a lack of credentials.

He's really cool. I just watched his TOE interview yesterday, and I have gained a lot of admiration for him. He might be the only person on earth to have read Carl Jung's Works three times xD - absolute mad lad.

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Does he advocate idealism or panpsychism?

Because I watched few hours of his podcasts and still wondering about his worldview. 

Although I noticed the main theme he talks about is that Reality is not what we have been told it is. It is not fundamentally made up of material stuff despite the apparent evidence of our senses and the work of scientists. Reality is simply and only consciousness clothed in many and varied guises. 

-Osho

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Does he advocate idealism or panpsychism?

Idealism. The main lesson I've learned from him is how you can draw a clear distinction between approaching idealism from a naturalistic framework vs. a mystical framework, but if you understand both, they compliment each other beautifully (which you can see in his conversation with Rupert Spira).

Edited by Carl-Richard

First, get me a million dollars and then I'll tell you ;)

Let Love In

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

I disagree. Philosophy is so incredible diverse like nothing else that you can definetly specialize. There are big philosopher who didn’t read much from other philosopher. Nietzsche for example he only read the old greeks and Kant if I remember correctly and he is a big name. But to be well rounded is of course pretty cool. 

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

You could be a teacher or professor in philosophy. That’s pretty well paid. 

Invest most of it in a stable asset. Then work out how to live off it sustainably

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I would invest it in music gear, improving upon my home studio. I would use it to cover living costs for the coming couple of years as well as investing into a nice house to live in, close to nature. I would go on a holiday with friends and pay for everything on the trip.