Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hello from Russia

The value of videos has really increased - Huge appreciation, Leo!

5 posts in this topic

Last video about socialization making you stupid hit really to the core

It basically touched on such sublte but very deep corners of life, I can't imagine any other public intellectual would come up and talk about this

I long time ago gave up on the notion of a conventional carreer. But this video helped me to give up on a whole other array of less conventional carreer angles I was considering that were somewhat stil touching the mainstream, but  were much more wholesame nonethless

I realized I can't really go to any conventional art path - they are all dogmatic as fuck, man!

You talk about Science constantly, but damn, the artistic culture we have around filming, digital art, painting, making music, design, acting/modeling, many other stuff - is so antiintelligent, and so anti-art even. They are fairly artistic and fairly better (could say much better) than other industries, sure. But there are so little genuinely artistic people who seriously going for Da Vinci lifestyle type of thing. They are so unserious/conformists it was making me depressed. Especially when such people receive big validation from our culture and gain following - barriers are actually so low, you could say. The competition is basically nonexistant in today's day and age, and it is both a bit sad, but also very uplifting & motivating

I definetely don't wanna be around all these art people and their bullshit exhibitions! (Despite some of them being nice of course)

I see basically no good way for me other than finding some totally unique authentic path for myself, 99.9% of things that mainstream offers just doesn't fit the bill

Just wanted to say "thank you" to Leo and to all his content he is shipping out, you are doing a really extraordinary intellectual work, for sure. Very inspiring to watch even from a not self-biased perspective. 

Edited by Hello from Russia

Business exerts a strong corrupting influence on art. As do the tastes of the mouth-breathing masses.

So a big chunk of making good art is figuring out how to survive. Art & survival, that's the trick.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There's a book you might be interested in checking out called Caps Lock: How Capitalism Took Hold of Graphic Design, And How to Escape From It. It says graphic design in the title, but most of what it covers can be applied to any type of art. I feel the same way you do about mainstream art, but my concentration is on motion graphics. I noticed how boring most people make motion graphics, and my purpose in art is similar to yours, to be more of a da Vinci. Anyway, it was nice to read that Caps Lock book to know my sense that most of the stuff I see is not that creative and kinda trash. I attached a few shots of pages from the ebook. Screenshot_20220912-210108_ReadEra.jpgScreenshot_20220912-210133_ReadEra.jpgScreenshot_20220912-205926_ReadEra.jpgScreenshot_20220912-205955_ReadEra.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-205748_ReadEra.jpg

Don't get too down on art. There is a ton of insanely amazing art online if you just bother to look.

Browse through ArtStation or Behance and you will be blown away.

The future and potential of art is insane.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.