Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

The Trial of Dr. Freiheit Werden

6 posts in this topic

The Alarm rings loud, it rings so loud you wonder if its the alarm or your own ear drums torturing you for sport. You've been excited all week as its the first day of school. You set your own schedule up with your personal School Counselor and you only have one class for today and its with the most renowned Professor in the world right now on Philosophy and Humanities. Dr. Freiheit Werden. Dr. Werden's fame came in when he was asked by a prominent civil rights activist to lend his acumen to speaking to a local judge and law makers about the importance of free will. He made arguments about our personal sovereignty and how we shouldn't impose our own preferences on the lives of others and how there is a fine line between good intentions and the desire to control others. 

It made national headlines and he became a national sensation overnight and was a guest on talk shows, radio shows, podcasts, magazine interviews, he was even invited to the White House and elected to the White House's social policy committee that was recently formed. He was also a Health Nut and was in pretty good physical shape and this was due to his love for bicycling which he did every morning to and from the campus and his home which was 6 miles away. 

I brushed my teeth, tossed on my clothes as smooth as if it was never off and ran out the house as quickly as possible I was not going to be late on my first day! I get to the class and its empty, I'm confused did I get here too early? I look at my phone its the right time. So now I wonder has the class been moved to another room and I just missed the memo? I decide to walk through the double doors down the hall and I see Dr. Werden outside with some students and he has his arm out as if to shield them and there is another student who is screaming at them. There is a look of terror in the students behind Dr. Werden but he has a look of sternness as if facing something formidable. 

I walk closer and Dr. Werden sees me out of the corner of his eye and he screams "Get Back, Stay Put!" I immediately halt but I'm confused what is the issue? From my angle of sight its just some student screaming, maybe he is having a nervous breakdown or something. The student looks in my direction and points something black and cylinder at me... and in that moment I realize what the issue was. How could I have been so stupid? Is this how I go? I was barely 18 and this is how it ends? Shit! Shit!! Think!!! There must be something I can do!! 

"Steve!! Look at me!! Don't worry about that other student that appeared, we are having a conversation here. We were talking and he just happened to be passing by, don't worry about him." Oh so my executioner's name is Steve? So on my tombstone its going to say killed by Steve? As I ponder this I suddenly realize I am drenched in sweat like I just ran a marathon. Wow way to be cool and collected I thought. This will surely make a good impression on everyone before I die. My next thought was.....what kind of stupid thought is that? Who cares what impression you make if you are dead!!!

"Steve!!" Its okay, everything is alright. Forget everyone else you see and focus on me. Right now, its just you and me, nothing else and nobody else." The student Dr. Werden addressed as Steve nods, and then begins to speak. "Dr. Werden I am full of so much pain right now! I'm surrounded by people who don't question what is going on. They just scurry around like robots, and just latch onto whatever programming is being broadcasted on social media. They don't question anything, when I have conversations with them its like talking to a recording. No inquisitiveness, no opinion, just regurgitation. I feel like I'm losing my mind! Do you understand this Dr. Werden?"

Yes I understand Steve. Sometimes it does seem like people give away their originality to follow trends. Steve's face grimaces as if in pain. "No its more than that, I doubt they ever had originality to begin with! How do I know I am not surrounded by lifeless beings! How do I know I am not trapped in some illusion ? What does it even mean to be alive? How do you confirm this? 

Dr. Werden's face changed as if he saw a ghost. He looked concerned for Steve now instead of scared of him. "Steve what type of world would you want to live in?" Steve scowled as if he was being mocked and replied "A world that is true! Not a world of illusion!" Dr. Werden smirked, and Steve noticed this and replied "What's so funny? You think this is a joke?" Dr. Werden replied "No I don't, I believe you are very serious but you are just confused." Steve screamed at the top of his lungs "What do you mean I am confused? What would you know about how I am feeling? I thought you would get it, but you are just like all the other robots running around pretending to be people!"

Dr. Werden started laughing hysterically now, like a loud bellow coming from his gut full diaphragm and all. Steve now looks confused and screams "Stop laughing at me I'm serious!" Dr. Werden replies still laughing "I know that's why its so funny!!" Steve replies "What makes what I am saying funny? The fact that its true?" Dr. Werden suddenly stops laughing, with a stern face full of sincerity he replies in an almost whisper just barely audible from where I was standing 8 feet away "Steve...how would you know what's real and what's not?"

Steve looked bewildered like he never considered this before. Dr. Werden believing he made headway pushed further. "Steve tell me, what is the difference between what is real, and what is illusion?" Steve hesitates, I don't know I just got this feeling is all. Dr. Werden asks "So is feeling fake and everything else illusionary?" Steve looks around like he is about to be attacked by imaginary assailants and answers "I don't know!! Okay!! I don't know what makes something fake or real all I know is at this moment I feel everything is fake!" Dr. Werden then looks at Steve with the most serious expression I think a person could conjure up. This look is like he is so dead serious he is staring through you as if you were some glass fixture. He replied to Steve "So are you fake as well? How would you know? Why is it that everything else is fake and only you are real? If you can't tell what's the difference between fake and real, and you think everything is fake, couldn't it be that everything else is real and its you that is fake? 

Steve looks around then says "Why don't I find out?" Suddenly people start running thinking he is going to shoot them but to their surprise he points the black cyclinder in his hand towards his temple and says "What do I have to lose anyway?" 

.....To Be Continued...

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

How did you come up with that name lol? (Freiheit Werden= Freedom Becoming)

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

How did you come up with that name lol? (Freiheit Werden= Freedom Becoming)

Lol same source we all get stuff from.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Lol same source we all get stuff from.

xD Ok, I see, I was just wondering where you know those German words from.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 9/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, Nilsi said:

xD Ok, I see, I was just wondering where you know those German words from.

I had an impulse to write a short story involving free will, I used Google to look up a different language's words for Free and Will. Then the rest is history. Still trying to figure out how to continue the story.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, Razard86 said:

The Alarm rings loud, it rings so loud you wonder if its the alarm or your own ear drums torturing you for sport. You've been excited all week as its the first day of school. You set your own schedule up with your personal School Counselor and you only have one class for today and its with the most renowned Professor in the world right now on Philosophy and Humanities. Dr. Freiheit Werden. Dr. Werden's fame came in when he was asked by a prominent civil rights activist to lend his acumen to speaking to a local judge and law makers about the importance of free will. He made arguments about our personal sovereignty and how we shouldn't impose our own preferences on the lives of others and how there is a fine line between good intentions and the desire to control others. 

It made national headlines and he became a national sensation overnight and was a guest on talk shows, radio shows, podcasts, magazine interviews, he was even invited to the White House and elected to the White House's social policy committee that was recently formed. He was also a Health Nut and was in pretty good physical shape and this was due to his love for bicycling which he did every morning to and from the campus and his home which was 6 miles away. 

I brushed my teeth, tossed on my clothes as smooth as if it was never off and ran out the house as quickly as possible I was not going to be late on my first day! I get to the class and its empty, I'm confused did I get here too early? I look at my phone its the right time. So now I wonder has the class been moved to another room and I just missed the memo? I decide to walk through the double doors down the hall and I see Dr. Werden outside with some students and he has his arm out as if to shield them and there is another student who is screaming at them. There is a look of terror in the students behind Dr. Werden but he has a look of sternness as if facing something formidable. 

I walk closer and Dr. Werden sees me out of the corner of his eye and he screams "Get Back, Stay Put!" I immediately halt but I'm confused what is the issue? From my angle of sight its just some student screaming, maybe he is having a nervous breakdown or something. The student looks in my direction and points something black and cylinder at me... and in that moment I realize what the issue was. How could I have been so stupid? Is this how I go? I was barely 18 and this is how it ends? Shit! Shit!! Think!!! There must be something I can do!! 

"Steve!! Look at me!! Don't worry about that other student that appeared, we are having a conversation here. We were talking and he just happened to be passing by, don't worry about him." Oh so my executioner's name is Steve? So on my tombstone its going to say killed by Steve? As I ponder this I suddenly realize I am drenched in sweat like I just ran a marathon. Wow way to be cool and collected I thought. This will surely make a good impression on everyone before I die. My next thought was.....what kind of stupid thought is that? Who cares what impression you make if you are dead!!!

"Steve!!" Its okay, everything is alright. Forget everyone else you see and focus on me. Right now, its just you and me, nothing else and nobody else." The student Dr. Werden addressed as Steve nods, and then begins to speak. "Dr. Werden I am full of so much pain right now! I'm surrounded by people who don't question what is going on. They just scurry around like robots, and just latch onto whatever programming is being broadcasted on social media. They don't question anything, when I have conversations with them its like talking to a recording. No inquisitiveness, no opinion, just regurgitation. I feel like I'm losing my mind! Do you understand this Dr. Werden?"

Yes I understand Steve. Sometimes it does seem like people give away their originality to follow trends. Steve's face grimaces as if in pain. "No its more than that, I doubt they ever had originality to begin with! How do I know I am not surrounded by lifeless beings! How do I know I am not trapped in some illusion ? What does it even mean to be alive? How do you confirm this? 

Dr. Werden's face changed as if he saw a ghost. He looked concerned for Steve now instead of scared of him. "Steve what type of world would you want to live in?" Steve scowled as if he was being mocked and replied "A world that is true! Not a world of illusion!" Dr. Werden smirked, and Steve noticed this and replied "What's so funny? You think this is a joke?" Dr. Werden replied "No I don't, I believe you are very serious but you are just confused." Steve screamed at the top of his lungs "What do you mean I am confused? What would you know about how I am feeling? I thought you would get it, but you are just like all the other robots running around pretending to be people!"

Dr. Werden started laughing hysterically now, like a loud bellow coming from his gut full diaphragm and all. Steve now looks confused and screams "Stop laughing at me I'm serious!" Dr. Werden replies still laughing "I know that's why its so funny!!" Steve replies "What makes what I am saying funny? The fact that its true?" Dr. Werden suddenly stops laughing, with a stern face full of sincerity he replies in an almost whisper just barely audible from where I was standing 8 feet away "Steve...how would you know what's real and what's not?"

Steve looked bewildered like he never considered this before. Dr. Werden believing he made headway pushed further. "Steve tell me, what is the difference between what is real, and what is illusion?" Steve hesitates, I don't know I just got this feeling is all. Dr. Werden asks "So is feeling fake and everything else illusionary?" Steve looks around like he is about to be attacked by imaginary assailants and answers "I don't know!! Okay!! I don't know what makes something fake or real all I know is at this moment I feel everything is fake!" Dr. Werden then looks at Steve with the most serious expression I think a person could conjure up. This look is like he is so dead serious he is staring through you as if you were some glass fixture. He replied to Steve "So are you fake as well? How would you know? Why is it that everything else is fake and only you are real? If you can't tell what's the difference between fake and real, and you think everything is fake, couldn't it be that everything else is real and its you that is fake? 

Steve looks around then says "Why don't I find out?" Suddenly people start running thinking he is going to shoot them but to their surprise he points the black cyclinder in his hand towards his temple and says "What do I have to lose anyway?" 

.....To Be Continued...

BANG!!! I would remember that sound for the rest of my life was my first thought as I watched this young guy crumple to the floor. Dr. Werden originally ran towards Steve to stop him but it was too late, only an awkward body lay before him as dead as if he had never been alive beforehand. Dr. Werden frowned a hard frown and stated "This was Divine Will, and will not be understood." As I saw this I noticed I was trembling, it seems I was in a state of confusion and horror and was starting to get light-headed. I allowed myself the privilege of slumping to the ground as I watched Dr. Werden take out his cell phone and calmly dial. I heard him say "Yeah a student shot himself in the head on campus on by the South West Entrance to the Social Sciences Building. The campus is currently in a state of shock and terror." He then calmly bent down and looked Steve over being careful not to touch him, then simply stood there and waiting for the authorities to show up.

I noticed my head was really hurting and Dr. Werden noticed me and started to approach. When he got in front of me and looked at me he asked "What's your name?" I shook my head to fight the daze I was feeling and replied "Richard, Richard Kennedy." Dr. Werden responded "Nice to meet you. Now how are you feeling Mr. Kennedy, you think you can stand or do you need to take some more time to process all this?" I shook my head to get some more of the daze out and replied confidently "No I'm fine I can stand." Dr. Werden then smiled and replied "Good because since you are a witness the police will have questions for you." Suddenly I felt a knot in my stomach, I didn't want to have to relive that moment much less talk about it. But then I remembered, that guy had people that cared about him, the least I could do was speak about his last moments. 

"Stand back, hey you tape this place up, and you two come over here and give me the low down." Dr. Werden led me to the man and put out his hand "The Name's Dr. Werden." The man took it and shook it "The name's Detective Presa Volte Crimine, you can call me Detective Volte since that's my nickname." Dr. Werden smiles and states "Well where would you like to do this questioning?"  The Detective smirked "Don't worry I'll find a classroom and have yall stay after class." Dr. Werden smirked back "Will this count against our final?" I was taken aback, here we had a young guy with years ahead of him who just offed himself and these two were acting like long lost pals who'd just met up to have a chat. 

I looked at the two of them with accusatory glances and stated "Hey umm you do know someone just killed themselves right?" They both looked at me with a puzzled look. Dr. Werden gave a sheepish grin "Yeah me and the Detective go way back, he pretended just now that it was the first time we met but I use to do some consulting work for the Department a couple of years ago. We have dealt with a lot of dead bodies and we often use humor to liven up the dreary mood of crime scenes." The Detective looked at me like I  was some puzzle he needed to figure out and replied "Look after you've seen 20 dead bodies, you kind of go numb. It is what it is, story of the grind." 

I could get the gist from a conceptual viewpoint, but for me this was new, raw, fresh, penetrating, and harrowing, if I could think up more adjectives I would but instead I felt like I was being pulled into a dark spiral and nothing mattered. I felt a deep fear arise in me, and I noticed that Dr. Werden and the Detective noticed and asked me to sit down as they led me to an empty classroom while they discussed some topic in the door way. As I sat at the desk I wondered, how would my last moment be? Would it be in a blaze of glory or would I just be some small mention in a sea of news stories without even a picture attributed as I wasn't noteworthy enough for any real effort in reporting my passing. 

After about five minutes Dr. Werden came to my table and let me know that the Detective had some questions for me. The Detective sat down with a recorder and stated his name, badge number, the date of the incident and what transpired. He had me state my name for the record on the recorder. Then we began the questioning. He asked me what happened before I got there, how did I end up at the scene, what did I see, how did I feel, what did Dr. Werden and the student do and did I hear their conversations. After about 10 minutes of this questioning he looked at me with a smile and told me I was done. He gave me his card, asked for my cell number and stated he would give me a call if he had anymore questions and that I was free to leave. Dr. Werden nodded and I jumped up as if suddenly held by restraints but let go, and quickly walked out of the classroom and headed home. 

I ran to my house, opened the front door, ran up stairs tripping as I did it clumsily, ran into my room and threw myself face first onto my bed. It seems I passed out and waking up had given me some energy. I went downstairs to the living room and turned on the T.V. and what I saw floored me. It was Dr. Werden being taken away in handcuffs and the caption read Dr. Werden was being charged with 'Criminally Negligent Murder" for the death of Steven Maldito. I couldn't believe it!! Its funny how some days work, who knew my first day of school would go from meeting my favorite teacher to witnessing a suicide in which my teacher would be charged complicit in. As I sat in astonishment I realized, I would probably end up being a key witness in the case and would have to go to court. I sunk in my couch, could this get any worse? How the hell did something like this happen to me? 

I hear the door bell ring, and when I opened it a reporter was there and a flash hit my eyes like he was trying to blind me forever. "Did you know the student Steven very well? What did you think about Dr. Werden's actions? Do you think he caused the kid to kill himself?" I slammed the door in his face. Looked up at ceiling as if trying to find God and thought...."Really what is the point of all this chaos?" My T.V. is still on and I hear that the news has already discovered that there is a material witness and they already discovered my name and they then plastered my face and name on the screen. I looked outside and news vans were parked along the street as if I were running some type of conference on the lawn. Things were just happening too fast for me. I just went from an unknown random student to the most famous witness to a crime in town. 

To be Continued.