RMQualtrough

Humans love stories don't they...

33 posts in this topic

A person has constant, around the clock, never ending access to reality. Even if they don't want it. But people cannot stop wanting stories instead.

It's very difficult for us to actually see the reality that is here, without conjuring up thoughts of "God" or "the future" or "infinity". It is nearly impossible for a person to stop wondering about whether other people are sentient beings or just a kind of robot/zombie, what will happen to them next week or next year, whether there is a God. Intellectually twisting what is appearing to be.

Many such things.

All the while the only unarguable reality is in front of your face. The living room I'm in is present. No God anywhere to be found. The living room is appearing. No hypothetical tortures and evils and infinite sufferings, not some God thing. The living room is appearing.

When people try to say they can't communicate insane insights etc, it just helps feed into the stories and imagination of something deeper than what is actually present and undeniable in front of you. You want to look for something deeper than or outside of that, and the flowery "spiritual" musings people share help feed into that belief that there is something to look for elsewhere.

If anyone wants to know what 'is', cut the crap. Cut all ideas. You are staring it in the face. Stop trying to imagine something deeper or outside of your grasp. Don't add any input. Fuck adding the constant ideas of a self or God or infinity onto what is direct.

The problem with this is that the human mind doesn't have access to what the "living room" really is. If it did, it would be "God-mind."

Yes, we humans are addicted to stories. so much so that we confuse them with reality absolutely always. stories are just stories, but we are programmed to lose ourselves in them.

imagine a world where adults are enlightened and tell children that stories are just stories. would produce enlightened children? I think not, that genetics rules: get lost in the stories. be a rat in the maze and contribute to evolution

17 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

The problem with this is that the human mind doesn't have access to what the "living room" really is. If it did, it would be "God-mind."

It's all bullshit and I'm legit not doing it anymore...

I'm lying on my couch and looking at my TV. That's it. I'm done with the bullshit about God and infinity and anything else outside of what's in front of me that my mind or other people TELL me is "actually" in front of me...

19 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

God and infinity and anything else outside of what's in front of me that my mind or other people TELL me is "actually" in front of me...

but god is not in front of you, he's under a ton of shit that is you

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

but god is not in front of you, he's under a ton of shit called you

All of this type of teaching is born out of spiritual ego realistically speaking, nobody has access to anything more.

There's not any secret knowledge, nobody has "more consciousness" or access to some other extra reality. It's made up bullshit stemming from sheer narcissism...

In reality I don't find any me or any God anywhere and neither do you. I don't find myself being them, they're just elements which don't even exist except as ideas. People are just telling themselves these things are there (AKA adding some story on top of actual reality).

14 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

reality I don't find any me or any God anywhere and neither do you.

Wrong, god exists, it is behind a door. The door is you. Believe me, I'm not speaking for narcissism and other nonsense. I would like the whole of humanity, including you, to open that door. I don't think my cousin, the far-right lawyer, will do it, but you? Man, you are thinking about spirituality all the time. open the fucking door

30 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Wrong, god exists, it is behind a door. The door is you. Believe me, I'm not speaking for narcissism and other nonsense. I would like the whole of humanity, including you, to open that door. I don't think my cousin, the far-right lawyer, will do it, but you? Man, you are thinking about spirituality all the time. open the fucking door

There are no secret doors, no hidden knowledge, no secret realities, no secret levels of consciousness, none of that.

There are no atoms in an image of a dog, the image of a dog is an image of a dog. It's direct like that... Just like that there are no secret hidden God or me entities. What's appearing is "absolute", it is undeniable that what's appearing is appearing, that is THE absolute truth and is always available. Many elements like God or me are nowhere to be found... Ideas of this, of death, of hell, it's imaginary stories on top of that...

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

In reality I don't find any me or any God anywhere and neither do you.

Speak for yourself, you were good until you said neither do you. You haven't found it. That's fine, eventually you will whether you want to or not. But just cause you haven't found it, doesn't mean we haven't. Go in peace.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Speak for yourself, you were good until you said neither do you. You haven't found it. That's fine, eventually you will whether you want to or not. But just cause you haven't found it, doesn't mean we haven't. Go in peace.

Speak for yourself, you were good until you said eventually you will whether you want to or not. You found it. That's fine, but just cause you found it doesn't mean another will. Go in peace.

Edited by SOUL

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Speak for yourself, you were good until you said eventually you will whether you want to or not, You found it. That's fine, but just cause you found it doesn't mean another will. Go in peace.

I think people are psyching themselves up via stories and beliefs. People try to alter their perspective in order to see reality in a certain way (like how a drug will alter your perspective). Like trying to FORCE themselves to see something that isn't there.

What's there can't be overridden.

My bedroom is appearing here. I can't overwrite it. I can change around all sorts of stories added on top of it: I can psych myself up and try to enforce certain viewpoints. I can try to force myself to process it all "as oneness". I can try to force myself to see the TV on the wall as being made of atoms... But all of these filters made of thoughts that slide onto and off of the bedroom never touch the actual being-ness of it.

Not gonna be duped into being told something is secretly there, or that what is there isn't really there. Tbh it might NOT really be there, but the appearing of it is absolute, and in the real sense of the word, not how it is often butchered where "absolute truth" is claimed as whatever the person's current delusion happens to be... It is ACTUAL absolute truth that whatever is appearing is appearing. It can't be circumvented... Why would anyone try to wrestle that into being something else via their ideas and such?

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

He's speaking conceptually. There is no conceptual "God" to be found anywhere. Only another thought arising, God. It makes sense, all this conceptual nonsense is what's holding people back from what is obvious in direct experience.

@RMQualtrough 

Yea, humans are story tellers and even though people will have their 'explanation' story evolve over time the thing that doesn't seem to change as much is the attachment to the story. Their story is the 'truth'!...whatever version they're telling.

Not that stories are the problem, who doesn't love a great story, it's the belief in the story that generates the attachment to the story. So much attachment they will abuse others, hate others, fight for and even kill for the story...to protect their story.

@RMQualtrough

Agree. There are no secret doors, no hidden knowledge, no secret realities, no secret levels of consciousness... and no you.

Appearance is absolutely direct. It could however be referred to as "God". The (only) everything-nothing. These are just words though.

What most apparent people here don't get - and never will - is that all of "their" thoughts are merely appearance. Everything they consider to comprise "themselves" is just an appearance. Rising up and passing away. No permanence. No time. No space. No self. Even awareness is an abstraction of the appearance, since it gives the obvious illusion of self a place to hide. 

The idea of knowledge is always a separation, always abstraction. The only truth is the appearance. Not in somehow knowing the appearance or inferring anything from the appearance. Just the appearance. That's it.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

29 minutes ago, axiom said:

@RMQualtrough

Agree. There are no secret doors, no hidden knowledge, no secret realities, no secret levels of consciousness... and no you.

Appearance is absolutely direct. It could however be referred to as "God". The (only) everything-nothing. These are just words though.

What most apparent people here don't get - and never will - is that all of "their" thoughts are merely appearance. Everything they consider to comprise "themselves" is just an appearance. Rising up and passing away. No permanence. No time. No space. No self. Even awareness is an abstraction of the appearance, since it gives the obvious illusion of self a place to hide. 

The idea of knowledge is always a separation, always abstraction. The only truth is the appearance. Not in somehow knowing the appearance or inferring anything from the appearance. Just the appearance. That's it.

Everything that we think, as you say, are histories . But reality is not that we think. It's unfathomable depth. When i said a door i mean that you, with all your mental processes, conciouss and unconscious, are creating an appearance of being that is unreal, and this appearance works like a door, blocking the depth. If you remove the door, the depth manifest, and it's not nothing, or infinity, or anything else. Well, it is, but also it's alive, it's an explosion of existence, it's god, and it's you, and you can't imagine until you realize. The last door is the emptiness. You have to face the absolute emptiness with total acceptance to open it

5 hours ago, SOUL said:

Speak for yourself, you were good until you said eventually you will whether you want to or not. You found it. That's fine, but just cause you found it doesn't mean another will. Go in peace.

I love your obsession with me, its funny you said you would try to stop...and you can't help yourself. This...is love. I feel the love. It oozzes out of you. Keep coming, keep following. Its divine. I was waiting for it, I knew you couldn't stop. You are addicted to me after all. I do have that effect on some, I guess I put a spell on you.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

He's speaking conceptually. There is no conceptual "God" to be found anywhere. Only another thought arising, God. It makes sense, all this conceptual nonsense is what's holding people back from what is obvious in direct experience.

Language itself is conceptual. How can you say there is no God to be found everywhere...everything is God. Once you start denying concepts....just stop speaking because you are using concepts...to deny concepts....do you see? 

At this point silence will serve you because...you don't even know what to know anymore. This is fine. Nothing wrong with it, but you will get caught in an endless loop of using concepts to deny concepts. God is being, God is awareness. This is both simple and profound. God is all there is. If you think you have to look for it...then you will miss it. 

That's it. God is direct experience, that is why to notice God you have to observe your direct experience. If you lack the experience..you will miss it. You can't conceptualize it, you have to experience it. Then integrate it to make sense of it. 

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Everything that we think, as you say, are histories . But reality is not that we think. It's unfathomable depth. 

The unfathomable depth is it. Not in thinking about it and not in experiencing it.

Apparently.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Everything that we think, as you say, are histories . But reality is not that we think. It's unfathomable depth. When i said a door i mean that you, with all your mental processes, conciouss and unconscious, are creating an appearance of being that is unreal, and this appearance works like a door, blocking the depth. If you remove the door, the depth manifest, and it's not nothing, or infinity, or anything else. Well, it is, but also it's alive, it's an explosion of existence, it's god, and it's you, and you can't imagine until you realize. The last door is the emptiness. You have to face the absolute emptiness with total acceptance to open it

He's right though. Any wandering from the reality in front of you is make-believe.

Examples of make-believe include: What happened yesterday, you being born, you dying, reality ceasing to exist, infinity, God, you (see: you are not found anywhere, only in the idea "I am seeing the world" etc). Jesus, Thor, Medusa. "Other perspectives". Many such things.

It does not necessarily mean the make-believe is wrong. But it is genuinely just make-believe. I BELIEVE on FAITH that people suffered through wars etc. But none of that is "absolute truth" which is nothing but the undeniable appearance of whatever is appearing right now.

Right now the absolute truth is the image of the trees and such I am looking out on. If I go drive down to the store, the trees will no longer be absolute truth, they will be a fairytale, and absolute truth then will be, I assume, aisles of food and clothing and w.e. else they sell.

ANY deviation from basking in the sheer fact of whatever is appearing is deviating from "absolute truth" and veering into the land of makebelieve. Any word or sentence you try to put on it, any filter you try to pull over it  any altered perception you try to enforce, is the land of fairytales and philosophy.