Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThinAir

Artproject I made about Identity

6 posts in this topic

As I interpret it I think that you expressed some not very smooth process or even reluctant process to acceptance or reconciliation with your masculine side, integration of the masculine as it defined by society?

Anyways, I love this piece. Thank you for sharing your creation. You are very photogenic and I have to say that you look good with both long hair and no hair.

Let Love In

@Lila9 Hello Lila!

Thank you for your comment. 

The idea behind the video is the question all the identifications that we took on, unconsciously and consciously, and ask ourself what is the True Me. Basically to create a stronger connection to our most authentic selfes, not what we wish to be or think we are by dressing, thinking or acting in a way thats supposed to fulfill some standard.

Thoughts..

"Wow this is a very engaging haircut tutorial.." :D 

In all seriousness though, the lighting is superb, watching this is oddly suspenseful and mentally stimulating. While seeing it unfold, my mind was trying to see "What actually changed?" Obviously the hair is different, but did anything of this beings essence really change? 

I also related to your experience, having had long hair, and cut it, and shaved it all off, its a.. liberating experience, to me it shows the fluidity of identity, it seems so obvious that the hair is not what I am, look at it.. its all over the floor, is that really me?

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

@Realms of Wonder  I love your comment.

Look at it, It's all over the floor! And still, after all of those years of contemplation and knowing on a conceptual level that this hair is not me, there was still identification with it. I recognized that, looking into the mirror the days after. It was like there was a slightly different me looking back, attributing different qualities to that "new" person looking back at me. 

Funny how the mind works :)