Razard86

Why I love life and this forum, insights keep dropping to me

39 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@OnePointTwo Don't be surprised if you find those who are 'unhinged' in any spiritual/ self development circle.  Mental illness is a massive catalyst.  Eckhart Tolle says a large painbody is a gift, as it is a catalyst to awakening. 

I know it's fun to disown the mentally ill around here but actually they are gifted in many ways.  Suffering is the highest teacher. 

Thank you for sharing this perspective. There are some people who are a little mentally ill or unusual, but there are also the people that Tyler mentioned. She called them narcissistic, but I'm going to call them egocentric and ignorant until I know narcissistic is an apt description. They drag everyone into their gross little place that they have architected with little basis in reality. It makes it impossible for a coherent conversation to be had, unless everyone comes to a mutual agreement to ignore them.

On 09/09/2022 at 2:31 PM, Razard86 said:

In all interactions the person's first two desires is to be heard, and understood. Obviously you want to be heard, so your message can be seen and get across. Obviously you want to be understood, because who wants people to misinterpret them? Once a person feels, and this is important FEELS that they have been properly heard and understood, THEN they will be receptive to feedback. 

These days I assume nobody will hear me, unless my art has the potency of a lightning bolt.

Where did our desire to be heard and understood come from? Family? Social media? Why can't we scream into the void?

Edited by OnePointTwo

16 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I sensed A lot of arrogance from your posts when I first started noticing your and it honestly turned me off but with time I started liking you more, You seemed to get more humble with time. But maybe it was more of a spiritual mania than arrogance.

LSD, the thing is....we only sense what we are. An arrogant person believes people need to act a certain way, it is the belief that you know better. For example we could call Trump arrogant right? But if we believe that people should express themselves honesty we would have no problem with the way he expresses himself.

Also...how do we recognize a trait in another? By first recognizing that trait in our own psyche. So if we don't like another person's expression it is because we are disowning that expression in our own psyche. We believe that expression is uncalled for...and it should fit our "preference." This is why I love this forum, it gets rid of the B.S. within you pretty quickly because there are all types of people here that will take you out of your comfort zone, and others who will inspire you. 

So if you are getting triggered its good, you are finding out what parts of your self you don't like. I should trigger you more LOL. You should hate me lol!! Its not good you like me more, lol please find me intolerable!!! The best guide in life will be intolerable!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

26 minutes ago, OnePointTwo said:

Where did our desire to be heard and understood come from? Family? Social media? Why can't we scream into the void?

Love. Its all Love man. Its the single trait that has both motivated some of the most violent acts in human history and the most caring acts in human history. Its literally the desire to express oneself. 

22 minutes ago, axiom said:

@OnePointTwo The illusion of self.

Illusion and reality are one and the same. You create duality when you separate. Its an illusion because anything real....would be limited. Its only illusionary...because it has no bounds, its boundless it is constantly changing, its impermanent. It seems real because it appears stable, solid, and the change is just subtle enough. If what we know as reality was constantly shifting and appeared wavy, we would think of it as fake.

So real is just the illusion of stableness, which makes it real. Illusion is a lack of stability. You can see this play out in life. If my romantic relationship isn't stable...it crumbles because it isn't real. But if my relationship is stable, its real. So there is no difference between real and illusion, because life is a representation of both. 

Real is what is, so if what is..is illusionary, then that is what is REAL. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

8 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Love. Its all Love man. Its the single trait that has both motivated some of the most violent acts in human history and the most caring acts in human history. Its literally the desire to express oneself. 

I think I finally understand "everything is love". Our values are rooted in love. We can't escape love. We see the world through a lens distorted by love. Love is bias. Hatred is a response to things that threaten what we love.

Edited by OnePointTwo

13 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

So real is just the illusion of stableness, which makes it real. Illusion is a lack of stability.

Conclusion: axiom's reality is unstable.

14 minutes ago, OnePointTwo said:

I think I finally understand "everything is love". Our values are rooted in love. We can't escape love. We see the world through a lens distorted by love. Love is bias. Hatred is a response to things that threaten what we love.

You just discovered...what 99.9% of humanity does not know. How old are you? Because I only learned this in my 30's. If you are less than 30 you are very advanced.

8 minutes ago, OnePointTwo said:

Conclusion: axiom's reality is unstable.

Very astute observation. But the irony is....madness is a divine quality. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_madness#:~:text=Early Christians cherished madness%2C and,served to sanctify blasphemous madness".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_of_Jesus#:~:text=The Gospel of Mark reports,possessed by demons%2C or insane.

45 minutes ago, OnePointTwo said:

Reductionism :)

The illusion of self is: "I am separate and I feel unfilled. I need to somehow recapture wholeness". Cue a lifetime of seeking.

The desire to be understood and accepted is nothing other than the illusory sense of self. All the while, wholeness carries on regardless.

Reductionism is a feature, not a bug :)

Apparently.

43 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Illusion and reality are one and the same. You create duality when you separate.

Then we agree. The illusion of self is, of course, also the appearance. 

Apparently.

18 minutes ago, axiom said:

The illusion of self is: "I am separate and I feel unfilled. I need to somehow recapture wholeness". Cue a lifetime of seeking.

The desire to be left alone and not heard could also be considered the illusion of self. Your statement isn't reductionistic because it's wrong, it's reductionistic because I'm clearly considering things at a lower level. Reducing human psyche to "the illusion of self" is as severe as reducing our choices in life to deterministic physics and chemical reactions.

Edited by OnePointTwo

@OnePointTwo Yes. All desire is the illusion of self. The desire to seek or the desire not to seek.

Yes, in that sense it is a reductionist argument.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

@OnePointTwo Yes. All desire is the illusion of self. The desire to seek or the desire not to seek.

Yes, in that sense it is a reductionist argument.

Desire is metaphysical. Its literally the foundational element at play here. If you didn't have desire you wouldn't be on this forum thread right now and your human avatar....would already be gone. 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

So if you are getting triggered its good, you are finding out what parts of your self you don't like. I should trigger you more LOL. You should hate me lol!! Its not good you like me more, lol please find me intolerable!!! The best guide in life will be intolerable!!!

Yeah I understand this point. I always try to accept and not judge people as much as possible. But at the sametime, I don't prevent myself from seeing the true character of a certain person. If they are an idiot for example, I will acknowledge that but I will still accept and love them too ( ideally of course :P).

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@Razard86 The body has the desire to survive, seemingly, and the self has a desire to feel whole. But these desires does not belong to anyone - they are just appearances.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

4 hours ago, Proserpina said:

@OnePointTwo Don't be surprised if you find those who are 'unhinged' in any spiritual/ self development circle.  Mental illness is a massive catalyst.  Eckhart Tolle says a large painbody is a gift, as it is a catalyst to awakening. 

I know it's fun to disown the mentally ill around here but actually they are gifted in many ways.  Suffering is the highest teacher. 

I just read something like "pain is actually the part that moves us away from something", and I remember a swami talking about how the craziness and suffering that people "cause" us is a gift to keep us walking away from them.

If you were comfortable in normal life, no pain, why would you seek something else?

On 9/10/2022 at 5:39 AM, axiom said:

@Razard86 The body has the desire to survive, seemingly, and the self has a desire to feel whole. But these desires does not belong to anyone - they are just appearances.

You are desire itself. That's the point. Every single moment you are acting out of desire. For example....you have a desire to explain yourself more. You will literally respond to this or not respond out of desire. Its the motivating factor of reality/dream itself. 

Illusion, appearance, real, these are just labels to describe nothing. If its nothing, then you can never pin it down. Reality and illusion are the same. There is only ever different forms of expression. God at its non dream state is one form of expression. That expression is the dormant potentiality of all expression. So the infinite expression that has not expressed is God/Infinite Love. When God expresses it creates a self. A self is just an expression. That expression is the creation of self. 

Saying there is no self is akin to saying there is no reality. Its called an illusion because you are trying to find the source of the expression. But how is it an illusion when it is one with the source itself? The source and the expression is ONE. So to call reality and self an illusion as definitive is to deny the source itself.

If you deny the source itself....you have lost it. Completely and utterly lost it. Because...you cannot be responding if there is nothing here. Its both nothing and everything. Its both self and no self. Its both no expression and all expression.

You cannot speak the truth, it cannot be expressed in language because it is infinite. It is everything there ever was and will ever will be and it will never end. So stop with this no self thing you are lost. No label has ever accurately described anything.

Labels are themselves...a self. Everything is self. Even no self...is a self. Self is expression.