Eternal Unity

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

154 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Consept said:

I've never really gotten it and I can't get my head around people queuing for 20 hours to bow their heads to a box containing the queen.

If it was Stalin's state funeral and open-casket coffin in 1953 in the USSR you would have to queue in and wait for 40 hours approximately at the backs of the line if you were a Soviet citizen from any part of the Union, coerced there in the first place in a lot of cases by force to get a wanted number of 'ordinary citizens', to pay respects to him in the (now removed) Mausoleum in Moscow.

Now, people queue in and wait for up to 20 hours in line to pay their respects to a closed box containing the former 70-year old-ruling British female monarch as a part of an organized mechanized official state-funeral procession, where they were supposedly and officially not coerced by anyone to do so, but only out of a sense of personal loyalty, national solidarity, gratitude or social conformity whatever maybe the case deep down for each one. 

Boy has society evolved over the past 70 or some years. We have halved the waiting time by almost half at those at the back in state-organized, promoted, and orchestrated funeral procession queues! Such staggering, warp-speed progress and testimony of human socio-technological accomplishments of easing the pain of people's suffering due to waiting and boredom by just halving the total waiting time! At least now you don't have to go without sleep or be totally sleep-deprived and tired for 40 hours (but only 20, which is really nothing!) or sleep on your feet while you wait at a state-funeral procession of some supposedly symbolically important un-elected big shot!

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

@Emrie

22 minutes ago, Emrie said:

My great grandmother was born in 1904 and lived until over 110 years old. She was actually in great health and the only reason she died was that there was a new doctor at the nursing home that prescribed her some really bad medicine that killed her. We mourned, all three generations under her, that's more than 100 people.

Did we parade her casket around to everyone? Of course not! Was it still a significant event for us? Of course yes!

Now tell me, what did Elizabeth Windsor do that my great grandmother didn't? They were both born around the same time and died around the same time, Elizabeth a little later, they saw society and the world evolve in the same way, my great grandmother was French so almost the same country, even. Frankly, apart from media appearances and some formal meetings where her job was to be polite and do nothing, honestly not much.

Mainly because Queen Elizabeth is part of our cultural heritage, cultural zeitgeist, and collective identity.

If you don't like the British people to parade the few people who are iconic to our nation, whether justified or not from your point of view, then you must also be prepared to tell the Mexican culture, or the South Americans like in Brazil to stop celebrating a person's passing away, and parade around with symbols of death. Also be prepared to tell other cultures to stop mourning or celebrating a person's death as well. Even be prepared to stop even if it's personal.

@Fleetinglife

5 minutes ago, Fleetinglife said:

If it was Stalin's state funeral and open-casket coffin in 1953 in the USSR you would have to queue in and wait for 40 hours approximately at the backs of the line if you were a Soviet citizen from any part of the Union, coerced there in the first place in a lot of cases by force to get a wanted number of 'ordinary citizens', to pay respects to him in the (now removed) Mausoleum in Moscow.

Now, people queue in and wait for up to 20 hours in line to pay their respects to a closed box containing the former 70-year old-ruling British female monarch as a part of an organized mechanized official state-funeral procession, where they were supposedly and officially not coerced by anyone to do so, but only out of a sense of loyalty, gratitude or social conformity whatever maybe the case deep down for each one. 

Boy has society evolved over the past 70 or some years. We have halved the waiting time by almost half at those at the back in state-organized, promoted, and orchestrated funeral procession queues! Such staggering, warp-speed progress and testimony of human socio-technological accomplishments of easing the pain of people's suffering due to waiting and boredom by just halving the total waiting time! At least now you don't have to go without sleep or be totally sleep-deprived and tired for 40 hours (but only 20, which is really nothing!) or sleep on your feet while you wait at a state-funeral procession of some supposedly symbolically important un-elected big shot!

Hey! That's real progress, at least they have a choice to turn up or not. Hell, those they don't like the Queen, or monarchy or other right-wing or traditional/conservative trappings, can still remain in their homes, and continue on with their lives without getting coerced or forced to attend, real progress. Even the internet, you can express you complete disdain for some group during a person's death, like in Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, bitch completely without restraint. Real progress, despite how slow it is, it's progress!

Expressing that opinion of Monarchy, 500 years ago, would have your head rolling the floor. Now, it's fine and dandy, and stylish, to do so...at least in left leaning places, while not appreciating how those traditional parts of society in history played a role in formations and functions of other institutes in society.

@mr_engineer

1 hour ago, mr_engineer said:

It's a reflection of what they have been and still are, to this day. 

The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle cost 30 million pounds. 

If they'd donated that money to the homeless or something, instead of kicking them off the streets to preserve 'royal honor', people would be saying much better things about them. 

Nice you corrected yourself, not quite a robot, maybe there's a slither of consciousness in there after all.

3 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@mr_engineer

Nice you corrected yourself, not quite a robot, maybe there's a slither of consciousness in there after all.

Maybe get a conscience yourself and don't expect the whole world to die for your qyeen. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson

55 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Maybe get a conscience yourself and don't expect the whole world to die for your qyeen. 

Okay pretty, I'll get another conscious self to call something else, pretty much like you, no proof needed, like you were a doppelganger of the original, a miracle, like magic, poof. Oh, it's 'Queen' BTW, pretty ugly to emulate and join in the gang hate against me, I'll write it off as you frustrated of not finding a mate yet. Oh well.

God saved the Queen anyway. so God can some more from their twisted wicked ways.

Edited by Danioover9000

15 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Your Royal Highness, I humbly apologize for making an egregious error in the spelling of the word queen and I fully acknowledge the severe hurt and harm it must have caused your compassionate merciful magnanimous most generous heart and to your royal imperialist tastes and senses but my question to you my lord is - 

The level of respect, adoration and privilege afforded to the Queen is breathtakingly unsurpassed and unmatched, *coughs*, why wasn't the same camaraderie and adulation offered to the Duke of Edinburgh when he passed away. Not a soul knew of such a passing. In fact I've had the highest honor of knowing such a thing only upon googling. 

Your almighty most renowned Sir, is there a hierarchy in your donarchy oops I mean monarchy that one person's death is more precious and the loss is felt deeper than that of another of flesh and blood. 

Your Royal Highness make sure there's sufficient ink in your pen when you give your most prestigious honorary reply to me. Kind regards.. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@AtheisticNonduality You don't have to if you don't want to though xD. I didn't write a response to your earlier written thesis and elaboration here to want to argue with you here on purpose just so you know :):D I merely felt inspired to analyze and dig a bit deeper into what you wrote here to provide my own view and perspective on it inferred in some parts by some sociological concepts and theories from beforehand that I still think I memorized from before on some of the deeper underlying issues and problematics on this whole topic discussion that this thread formed around on that I see that I thought weren't being either properly communicated and/or addressed here to the wider posters, viewership, and readership on this sub-forum topic thread from an outsider and observers point of view and perspective. That's all ^_^

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

19 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Hey! That's real progress, at least they have a choice to turn up or not. Hell, those who don't like the Queen, monarchy, or other right-wing or traditional/conservative trappings, can still remain in their homes, and continue on with their lives without getting coerced or forced to attend real progress.

Hey, Danny same goes with what I wrote to @AtheisticNonduality above to you as well. I don't want to sound like I am arguing here personally with you here or engaging in deliberate character attacks. What I merely wrote was a personal observation based on two seemingly similar historical examples that first popped in my head when I read the personal experiences that some people described here of the collective atmosphere regarding the carrying out and the organization of the funeral procession straight from their own personal empirical experience with other people there living on British administrated soil. 

It was directed as a personal attack or snark remark to anyone in particular, but rather a broad criticism and critical review of the whole notion of such types of state-directed mechanized mass attended funeral procession still existing, being justified and carried out in the Year of our Lord 2022 and the whole ideological baggage they come with. The British Union is not either under a one-party ultra or hyper-nationalistic state or under one-party state communism as far as I know still.

Even the internet, you can express you complete disdain for some group during a person's death, like in Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, bitch completely without restraint. Real progress, despite how slow it is, it's progress!

Again you are equating criticism of an institutional form and quality behind a certain formal procedure, norm, and custom behind it with the quality of a person and their life itself, which I never expressed here. Content versus Form logical fallacy, be wary of that. What I aimed for was the dimension of the total social progress, consciously and sensitivity wise,  in the time gap between them in reference and by comparing to other such state's funerals of similar organizations and their character from the past, and again not to the person in question for whom it was organized and conducted for.

This is a virtual medium hyperreality simulacra world still, not the real social physical world though still with a bit of an added caveat to that. 

But, I generally agree with you with the overall introduction of the internet has been a socially revolutionary thing in regards to a relatively open and unrestricted communication medium, available information pool, and the ability of general censorship, intellectual and thought suppression, and closed information cycles to exist and keep people ideologically trapped in. Though there are still online communities' cult dynamics problems and mutually reinforcing personal and ideological biases via targeted user personalized algorithmic amplification of a certain type of content and narratives.

Expressing that opinion of Monarchy, 500 years ago, would have your head rolling on the floor. Now, it's fine and dandy, and stylish, to do so...at least in left-leaning places, while not appreciating how those traditional parts of society in history played a role in the formations and functions of other institutes in society.

That's why you had the Glorious Revolution and the Bill of Rights introduced right afterwards in the md-to-late 17th century I presume if I am not mistaking my history lessons, pardon and sorry for unintentional ignorance if that's the case of that in advance, so you have the notion of the first and foremost priority sacrality of individual rights, civil liberties and personal freedoms enshrined in your laws of the land, governmental and constitutional order that not even Kings or Queens can touch, so you wouldn't have tyrant kings like Henry the VIIIth and Charles the Ist arising again who enforce an order of absolutist unchecked divine right to rule by fear and who murder anyone who dares criticize, question, openly oppose or forward suggestion of alternatives to their way of ruling the country, even their most formerly trusted and intellectually brilliant closest court advisors and ministers like Thomas Moore who wrote the seminal work Utopia, starting the coinage, getting the ball rolling and popularization of the modern widespread usage of the term.

I don't like going to echo-chambery quote-on-quote stereotypically left-leaning or biased spaces or checking them out now that often nowadays and more recently, since there is rarely something of personal development value to find there and it's over pervasive with the dread group-think dynamic that Leo so often criticizes as potentially dangerous as one of Ego's, and it's collective ego extension variant, favorite, socially acceptable subversion tools and tantamount to self-reliant and self-created personal development.

Edited by Fleetinglife

@Fleetinglife

35 minutes ago, Fleetinglife said:

Hey, Danny same goes with what I wrote to @AtheisticNonduality above to you as well. I don't want to sound like I am arguing here personally with you here or engaging in deliberate character attacks. What I merely wrote was a personal observation based on two seemingly similar historical examples that first popped in my head when I read the personal experiences that some people described here of the collective atmosphere regarding the carrying out and the organization of the funeral procession straight from their own personal empirical experience with other people there living on British administrated soil. 

It was directed as a personal attack or snark remark to anyone in particular, but rather a broad criticism and critical review of the whole notion of such types of state-directed mechanized mass attended funeral procession still existing, being justified and carried out in the Year of our Lord 2022 and the whole ideological baggage they come with. The British Union is not either under a one-party ultra or hyper-nationalistic state or under one-party state communism as far as I know still.

Again you are equating criticism of an institutional form and quality behind a certain formal procedure, norm, and custom behind it with the quality of a person and their life itself, which I never expressed here. Content versus Form logical fallacy, be wary of that. What I aimed for was the dimension of the total social progress, consciously and sensitivity wise,  in the time gap between them in reference and by comparing to other such state's funerals of similar organizations and their character from the past, and again not to the person in question for whom it was organized and conducted for.

This is a virtual medium hyperreality simulacra world still, not the real social physical world though still with a bit of an added caveat to that. 

But, I generally agree with you with the overall introduction of the internet has been a socially revolutionary thing in regards to a relatively open and unrestricted communication medium, available information pool, and the ability of general censorship, intellectual and thought suppression, and closed information cycles to exist and keep people ideologically trapped in. Though there are still online communities' cult dynamics problems and mutually reinforcing personal and ideological biases via targeted user personalized algorithmic amplification of a certain type of content and narratives.

That's why you had the Glorious Revolution and the Bill of Rights introduced right afterwards in the md-to-late 17th century I presume if I am not mistaking my history lessons, pardon and sorry for unintentional ignorance if that's the case of that in advance, so you have the notion of the first and foremost priority sacrality of individual rights, civil liberties and personal freedoms enshrined in your laws of the land, governmental and constitutional order that not even Kings or Queens can touch, so you wouldn't have tyrant kings like Henry the VIIIth and Charles the Ist arising again who enforce an order of absolutist unchecked divine right to rule by fear and who murder anyone who dares criticize, question, openly oppose or forward suggestion of alternatives to their way of ruling the country, even their most formerly trusted and intellectually brilliant closest court advisors and ministers like Thomas Moore who wrote the seminal work Utopia, starting the coinage, getting the ball rolling and popularization of the modern widespread usage of the term.

I don't like going to echo-chambery quote-on-quote stereotypically left-leaning or biased spaces or checking them out now that often nowadays and more recently, since there is rarely something of personal development value to find there and it's over pervasive with the dread group-think dynamic that Leo so often criticizes as potentially dangerous as one of Ego's, and it's collective ego extension variant, favorite, socially acceptable subversion tools and tantamount to self-reliant and self-created personal development.

Life, I love you, but that was aimed mostly at the engineer robot guy. It wasn't a jab at you.

Technically, that last of suggesting alternative, if it's done in good jest and humor, the clown would likely not get killed for it, but that's an aside.

While the Royal family is not as powerful as it is hundreds of years ago, I agree there's still some power left, but it's at this point mostly cultural and symbolic more so than economical. Also, technically, the Queen's funeral could have been held privately, and technically, if the Royal family was much more powerful, the majority of the British population would not be able to pressure them to make it public. However, when Diana died, even though the Royal family wanted a private funeral, and didn't want anything to do with her, the public response put so much pressure on the Royal family that they had to capitulate slightly and hold a public funeral.

My opinion, I love it that my country still has a monarchy show casing the bling of tradition attire of Royalty, that the majority of mainstream, modern cultures don't have or are tucked away in some museum or some film, except Japan, with its ancient traditional icons and crazy modern societies. You don't have medieval showcases in the USA, or in Europe, maybe in Eastern cultures, but it's a cultural flavor that persists and is livelier than you all could be, with your get up film props.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Life, I love you, but that was aimed mostly at the engineer robot guy. It wasn't a jab at you.

Btw Thanks in all earnestly for saying that, very casually and very randomly off the cusp like that, I was in a bit of an emotionally and psychologically painful, dark, abyssal spaces, enforced by some difficult meditative revelatory experiences I had about myself and my current life in the last couple of days, but I am slowly stabilizing and getting better now, re-thinking and re-planing my potential life courses and options hopefully still attainable and existing.

It is almost always a slightly surprising good-kind of and a slightly calming and outwardly validated self-assuring feeling way to hear the word 'love' from someone referred to and addressed directly to oneself with whom they are having a discussion, even if it is in a seemingly random virtual way form from a random stranger you are having an online chat and discussion with. So, really thanks, and thank you at this current moment for that random off-the-cusp word and for casually saying that as a well-wishing to me. It is a form of a tiny titbit very informal small validation and caring about one's existence that it has some meaning and that one is still here.  :x:$

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Technically, that last of suggesting an alternative, if it's done in good jest and humor, the clown would likely not get killed for it, but that's an aside.

While the Royal family is not as powerful as it is hundreds of years ago, I agree there's still some power left, but it's at this point mostly cultural and symbolic more so than economical. Also, technically, the Queen's funeral could have been held privately, and technically, if the Royal family was much more powerful, the majority of the British population would not be able to pressure them to make it public. However, when Diana died, even though the Royal family wanted a private funeral, and didn't want anything to do with her, the public response put so much pressure on the Royal family that they had to capitulate slightly and hold a public funeral.

In my opinion, I love it that my country still has a monarchy showcasing the bling of traditional attire of Royalty, that the majority of mainstream, modern cultures don't have or are tucked away in some museum or some film, except Japan, with its ancient traditional icons and crazy modern societies. You don't have medieval showcases in the USA, or in Europe, maybe in Eastern cultures, but it's a cultural flavor that persists and is livelier than you all could be, with your get-up film props.

Yeah, I get what you are saying from your living experience and lifeworld there point of view. I just wanted to let be known my little bit of a sociologically inferred perspective from beforehand here, because we also had extensive national media coverage of that here, and I generally have some quips here with the way national state-affiliated media here is instrumentalized to cover and report on stuff lie that for example indirectly propagandistically, not with the procession and discussion about it itself, but with it indirectly lionizing any actions or quote-on-quote maintenance of good traditional historic interstate relations and it's supposed further achievements in their developments that way by using what tantamounts in actual, tangible results to 'ideological phantasms of re-written, revised ghosts and narratives of the past' of the current de facto ruling one-party state and authoritarian nationalist regime here.

Btw, sorry if I bothered you with needless digressions or overcomplicated-confusing detailing on some extra personal info or not so much important and critical added mental notes to the topic at hand there that possibly came subconsciously baked into this, just felt that I wanted to let you in a bit for you to know, since you were very charitable to me here just now personally, what part of the perspective I am coming from currently residing and living here when interpreting and viewing this - so we can avoid altogether or at least lessen to as much as mentally possible on social, political or other topics of this nature possible further misunderstandings and possible false personal projections of each other coming forward possibly on this forum in the future. That's all I wanted out of that ^_^

Edited by Fleetinglife

"Alexander the Great found the philosopher looking attentively at a pile of human bones. Diogenes explained, "I am searching for the bones of your father but cannot distinguish them from those of a slave."

– Diogenes.

Edited by UnbornTao