Eternal Unity

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

154 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

Average westerners live reaction on deaths of famous old, still living remnants and relics of the Cold-war era people in a nutshell over the past week. 

Mikhail Gorbachev, one of the men most responsible preventing a full-scale and on nuclear showdown with the West at time of the critical period of the acceptance of the slow dissolution of Soviet Union and overseeing a relatively remarkably peaceful implosion and attempted democratic transition, never before seen on that scale in that point in history, of one of the world's largest in land mass totalitarian empires, at the expense of his own country of origin and upbringing background, in history relatively internationally insulated from the rest of the world and armed to teeth in nuclear warheads and weapons, dies at 91 years of age. 

Westerners: Meh. 

This %100 ^

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

This woman was a real icon. What she did was no easy (and not a particularly useful) job, but she embodied it perfectly. On the one hand I do find this whole monarchy thing quite silly, but on the other hand I find it awesome, that there actually was a girl, that got to grow up and become the Queen - talk about a sweet dream.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 9/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, kray said:

God finally saved the queen

Lol good one!!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

On 08/09/2022 at 9:16 PM, kray said:

God finally saved the queen

Indeed. We have finally reached a full-circle of some sort it seems ?

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

23 hours ago, Space said:

It will be many generations before the monarchy is abolished. It will happen eventually but it's too deeply embedded into British culture. Like how the US will eventually ban guns, but it will be many many generations and decades in the future. All the traditionalists need to die off basically.

Wow...nice parallel I see what you did there....nice way to bridge the two glaringly stubborn aspects of both societies. That was a nice wrapped bow.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Fleetinglife

3 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

I didn't show condemnation to the person who recently passed away, but merely expressed criticism towards an institution that's continually being maintained and groomed in place. The most personal criticism that I expressed, and you can't even say that it was personal but merely directed towards the reactions and opinions of people, not the person in question, around the world reacting to this news, was the obvious glaring double-standard and hypocrisy in people's reaction, perception and opinions regarding this news, in relation to other more recent news, relevant to which part of the world they come, hail from and identify with. 

I had respect towards the person of Elizabeth, Lizzy in her role as a queen and monarch representing her states and countries interests and opinions, and not unoccasionally her own, when visiting foreign leaders and countries abroad. She acting as a representative of British royal interests, the Crown and generally Britain abroad had expressed favorable positions and friendly relations towards some countries in the past, including my own, when she came to visit first in the 1960s and then a second time in 1971 where she complimented and praised the cities growing and expanding urbanization plans and efforts and warmly commented on how the people of Britain admire and relate to the unbreakable spirit and unquenching striving of the people's of Yugoslavia to build a better post-war order and country for themselves and then received a golden plaque as a an honorary citizen of Belgrade. 

There are also unconfirmed rumours coming from the Yugoslav ambassador to Britain at the time, that in private correspondences, the Queen was herself personally uncomfortable with, against and opposed Labour PMs Blair's policy of the U.K. being one of the countries on the forefront in advocating and partaking in the NATO aerial bombing campaign of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia during the Kosovo war of 1998-1999, because exactly of her friendly and warm visit twenty some years ago to Belgrade, and it is also rumoured that she personally opposed also some others of Blair's  interventions elsewhere in the world during that time period. 

She was also dubbed "the Fairy Princess and Queen" by some foreign leaders and dignitaries at the other side of the Iron Curtain and across the non-Bloc alligned recently de-colonized countries due to her seeming inexhaustible ability to charm and melt the hearts towards liking and sympathizing with her and the British people of even the most toughest, antagonistic, and stone hearted of foreign leaders she met in her official visits to other countries mostly during the Cold War era - I think it was called something along the lines of "charm diplomacy", if I remember correctly and I am not wrong or mistaken. 

So in regards to her possible taken unofficial attitudes and relations towards my own country of background origin I respect her authenticity and individuality in taking those positions in relation to the sort of official mainstream prevailing wisdom there at the time, when she didn't have to at all but still did want to out of her own former individual personal contacts and relationships or fond past memories or attachments to a particular country.

But she can be perceived fairly differently in some other countries, who had a very different kind of experiences with some parts and aspects of the British Royal House, Crown and the parts of history of the U.K. itself. 

To name just a few examples at the top my head, we can also talk about her role and importance of giving government-in-exile status to the former Karadjordevic Serb Royal Dynasty and in keeping cozy relationships up until now with the next heirs and lines to that dynasty as well with them within the official Royal British House of Windsor, but that would digress a bit too much off-topic and in other lines of broader argumentation and debates at this point I personally think. 

However all that doesn't mean one should not oppose monarchy as a form of institution, not as a content of what kind of person and his own personal importance or achievements currently occupies it. 

That is the definition of separating form from content in your mind, in order to see reality of a thing in a much more clearer way, and less possessively, less attached and less biasedly, in order not to feel personally attacked and offended when someone criticizes the particular constraining form and not a particular content in it at the time. 

Nevermind, what kind of person Lizzy really was or what her particular achievements or importance for the world during one of the single longest monarchical tenures and reigns in human history of 70 some years (the only one also who possibly  reigned more than her from past European monarchs was Loius the XIVth, the Sun King, the absolutist French monarch from the 17th century) the problem is the form in which all that was achieved and operated from, which is observing from the responses here constraining in a cultural, borderline cult of personality and idolatrous sense, without which some of it wouldn't have been possible at the start in the first sense. 

It's a cost the content has to pay, and learn to actually not completely full identify with and eventually escape and evolve from, because of the narrowness and rigidity of the form it is in, that is then done at the expense of other more flexible and leanient forms that are actually more open-minded and less personally and culturally attached in a possessive reverent idolatrous way. 

This is a part of my opinion, (I would have planned to write something further in more detail as well explaining some of my underlying reasoning and logic, but I can't easily in this format over the phone and also I am bit low, constrained and limited on time and distracted and unfocused for it to do so effectively and efficiently due to studying for some exams) I merely felt the need to state it here because I felt the way this news and topic was being widely commented on, approached and shared was one-sided in the blinding singing of laurels and praises without dealing with some of the more difficult underlying issues connected with it now that one of the more easily recognizable symbols of British monarchy for some 70 plus years is gone, without dwelling on and dealing too much on the content of the person and her life itself in the parts of it where it can be separated from the constraining and limiting forms it took it's place in, and merely focusing on the problematizations regarding the archaicness, limitations and attachments to the forms itself, without the mental and emotional desire, willingness or ability to separate them from the content. 

My aim was not at all in the first to deliberately seek to offend you or emotionally trigger you @Danioover9000 or any other Brit or fan person here, that wasn't my intention and I am personally sorry and sincerely apologise if it came out like that, I merely wanted to criticize and point to an existing felt presence of an underlying mood of self-deception going on and distorsion and forced unity of content and form in the approach of this whole thread here towards regarding the concept of a monarchy, monarch, traditionalism, traditionalist collective identity, beliefs, customs and values and traditionalist monarchical rule, values, beliefs and customs as a form in some aspects, and not the content of the person in charge herself and her personal character or lived life, for which I personally admit in some aspects I have deep respect for. 

Hope you understand my motives and what I was aiming in first to achieve and point towards here, and not take too much personal attacks or offence towards that it was in any case directed against you and your beliefs or anyone's in particular here, which I can assure you first and foremost it wasn't. 

Tito and the Queen have a toast circa 1971, one of the more famous reproduced pop culture and merch photos here:

"Usually the inscription below on the photos or t-shirts reads God save the Queen or smth of that sort." 

gettyimages-568905011-594x594.jpg

Alright, I see.

@Guru Peter Jordanson

2 hours ago, Guru Peter Jordanson said:

Topic: A grandma died after living a wealthy life for 96 years off taxpayers money.

May she rest in peace and may her hat collection be stored in a museum.

That's not the topic actually, the topic, from the title, is 'Queen Elizabeth II has passed away'. You are projecting things that aren't really there, in the OP'S post, at all.

16 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Fleetinglife

Alright, I see.

Glad you can understand ??

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

What's silly is that this royal cosplay still takes place in the 21st century.

Chimps wearing crowns.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You guys don't fully appreciate nation building and the necessary myths that keep nations alive. 

Without a nation there is anarchy, without the myth of the royal family there is no UK, without the royal family there is anarchy.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Chimps wearing crowns.

You yourself understand the dangers of anarchy & libertarianism, therefore you ought to be wary of abolishing the myths that form the fabric of a strong state. 

Very interesting to see how the royal family attempts to survive by employing Stage blue values in order to keep their power, the amount of stage blue Key words and value points said in this video is very interesting to see such manipulation used IRL

https://youtu.be/AGFZ8lXbXY8

@Danioover9000

Tweet Translation:

"When someone is 96 years old, he is truly a witness to history. Here we see Princess Elizabeth (19) meeting King Peter of Yugoslavia (22) for the first time. The year is 1945 and it is the baptism of the current heir to the throne, Aleksandar Karadjordjević. Elizabeth was the godmother together with her father George VI."

RIP - Rest in Peace Lizzy ? She was truly a witness of history. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Chimps wearing crowns.

Wasn't she an important symbol? and humans are just sentimental creatures. 

It's important for a "state" to have both it's dry practical aspects as well as a sentimental one. 

Edited by Vrubel

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Chimps wearing crowns.

Careful Leo, don't forget the strict libel laws if you ever come to visit and phrase it that way on U.K. soil.?

But putting that aside, good ol'Doc Charles Darwin would probably agree xD:

cartoon-Movements-Habits-Dr-Darwin-The-Movement-1875.jpg

Edited by Fleetinglife

@Vrubel

3 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Wasn't she an important symbol? and humans are just sentimental creatures. 

It's important for a "state" to have both it's dry practical aspects as well as a sentimental one. 

That's true to some extent. You can't have a dry state at all. Nobody in the commons is built for a solitary boring life, there needs to be some distractions or else society wouldn't function as smoothly. You need sentimentality or almost all of that society would be harming itself.

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

While the professor could have had a point, the way it was presented was very untactful, and makes stage green look unhinged. Is this the new standard for society? I hope not, as this gives all the excuses to shut down stage green even further. 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Chimps wearing crowns.

???