blacksapp

How To Create Emotional Stability?

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys!
I think I've some instability about my emotions, either I feel too much sad / excited...there's a way to 'practice' or something? or exercises to make it more stable?
Thanks!

Edited by Leo Gura
Corrected title grammar

Go hard on your emotions. Experience them fully - seemingly you still try to avoid them. Stay present with them. Breathe them in. Your body will get used to dealing with them, when you let your barriers fall. 

Look at them like a little child running at you in a park, saying: "No ones gonna love me."  

Will you answer: "Yes you're right!" ? 

Edited by Flare

18 minutes ago, eskwire said:

@blacksapp meditation

I'm doing meditation, but I've started this self-development thing a month ago (january) so sometimes I feel is not enough or I get more anxious...but I'll try harder as Flare said...Feel them fully and learn to love them not suppress them. Probably the best way to handle it

You could try detach from your emotions. Simply observe them without getting lost inside the havoc. 

8 hours ago, blacksapp said:

Hey guys!
I think I've some instability about my emotions, either I feel too much sad / excited...there's a way to 'practice' or something? or exercises to make it more stable?
Thanks!

What is bringing on the undesired emotions? Memories, certain people, etc?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

What is bringing on the undesired emotions? Memories, certain people, etc?

Memories AND certain people xD

@blacksapp imagine creating a space between a event and your emotional reaction. 

If you're used to flying off the handle you probably don't notice that there is a space of time between what happens to you and how you respond to it. Bring awareness to this space and try to elongate the time before you respond. 

This space is where you decide how you want to react. 

You always have a choice 

9 hours ago, Rebecc said:

@blacksapp imagine creating a space between a event and your emotional reaction. 

If you're used to flying off the handle you probably don't notice that there is a space of time between what happens to you and how you respond to it. Bring awareness to this space and try to elongate the time before you respond. 

This space is where you decide how you want to react. 

You always have a choice 

I know but in practice is way harder than it looks (to me).
I've seen Leo's video about how to deal with the motions, and he says exactly it.
What I was thinking is that, there's a way to practice 'without hurting anyone?'
I've been doing meditation and its helping.
But thanks for the tips guys, it'll be really useful!

@blacksapp you're talking to someone who used to be very emotionally unstable. I was someone who used to lash out at people over the smallest things. This took me 6 years to develop emotional control.

Yes it's hard. But if you're asking for a silver bullet, there isn't one. 

@Rebecc I know its hard, but I'll do it!
The only question was if there's any way to train without hurting someone.
Well, will take a while but its worthy...
And how you feel about your emotions lately?

Meditation and mindfulness, being present and simply observing the situations without judging them. These techniques helped me a lot.

A look into your diet could help. Avoid refined sugars, they make you have a lot of mood swings. Exercising is also a must, I feel that a lot of people over look exercising and their diet when it comes to having good mental health. Good luck! :)

59 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

A look into your diet could help. Avoid refined sugars, they make you have a lot of mood swings. Exercising is also a must, I feel that a lot of people over look exercising and their diet when it comes to having good mental health. Good luck! :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I print out this grid and then write down positive emotions (in the boxes) and then feel them one by one and do this for 20 minutes everyday. 

Grid.jpg

3 hours ago, Sukhpaal said:

Well out breathing  techniques work well in high stress situation. accept to detach or let go.. :)

You can practice detachment from your emotions. Try transcendental meditation. It helps a lot with this. Try different relaxation exercises and techniques. Another method is to become more self aware so you catch yourself in the moment when you are experiencing an outburst. If you think that a past emotional trauma is responsible for your instability then you may have to try therapy to release repressed emotions to bring some healing for past wounds. Handling emotions is always tough initially. You could do some research on emotional intelligence and read books on those. It will take time to show any significant difference so you will need patience. :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly