Someone here

How to fall in Love with consciousness itself?

11 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura you mentioned In one of your videos (can't remember which one ) that a core pillar to living a good life is to fall in love with consciousness itself. irrespect to what exactly is the Content of consciousness at any Given moment .It doesn't have to be beautiful nature. It can be something so ordinary as the walls of your room .you gotta fall in love with that. 

But I wonder how is it possible to do this ? If I'm being honest ..I hate 90% of reality .its so boring and mundane and sometimes it's actually gross and annoying. I only get short nuggets of pleasure when I eat a good meal ..have an orgasm. Or listening to some kick ass music. Besides that,  consciousness /reality seem so dull and lifeless . I'm spiraling into a rabbit hole of nihilism recently where I literally becoming more conscious of the fact that nothing matters. 

I hope you can help me out on this  one ?. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura you mentioned In one of your videos (can't remember which one ) that a core pillar to living a good life is to fall in love with consciousness itself. irrespect to what exactly is the Content of consciousness at any Given moment .It doesn't have to be beautiful nature. It can be something so ordinary as the walls of your room .you gotta fall in love with that. 

But I wonder how is it possible to do this ? If I'm being honest ..I hate 90% of reality .its so boring and mundane and sometimes it's actually gross and annoying. I only get short nuggets of pleasure when I eat a good meal ..have an orgasm. Or listening to some kick ass music. Besides that,  consciousness /reality seem so dull and lifeless . I'm spiraling into a rabbit hole of nihilism recently where I literally becoming more conscious of the fact that nothing matters. 

Just get in touch with the fact that you exist at all - isn't that the most amazing thing? You don't know how or why or since when you exist, yet you do; you just exist, and no one can take that away from you.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

9 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Just get in touch with the fact that you exist at all - isn't that the most amazing thing? You don't know how or why or since when you exist, yet you do; you just exist, and no one can take that away from you.

What's so unique about the mere fact that I exist or that reality exists ? If it doesn't bring you joy anymore. And if we are being honest we seek joy and happiness and satisfaction above anything else.  And the ratio of these existing in reality is something like 10%. The rest of reality is lame and empty .neutral or bad .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Falling in love with consciousness is falling in love with yourself. When in bed say I love myself and start to cry. And feel the love wash your sins away. When you do this you will be more open and loving because you will start to forgive yourself for everything that you do. And in turn become more empathetic with the other people in the world making you understand why people do the things they do. This opens your heart and you become accepting and loving of reality and reality is consciousness. This will kill your identity.

Edited by Hojo

It seems you have beliefs and concepts that are bringing up negative emotions. Why do you give a bad meaning to meaninglessness? You could try the exercise in Leo's video "guided exercise for realizing you are god." Try to get a taste of how interesting everything is when you set aside your explanations of what things are and how they got there. When you realize that you practically don't know anything then things get much more interesting. Also since you are already in low spirits it might help to first find something that interests you and really learn it or focus on it deeply to try to get out of your low spirits. 

@Someone here No one controls what you love other than you, and what you love you think you love. And what you think you love, you love. Also, perseverance is among the greatest of all moving forces, it overcomes most everything, even nature itself.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

God is a masochist. Gotta accept what is. There will never be satisfaction from this rotten world.

1 hour ago, Holykael said:

God is a masochist. Gotta accept what is. There will never be satisfaction from this rotten world.

Lol I love your negativity.

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

The key is recontextualization. Once you realize....that reality is basically a virtual simulator...and you created it...shouldn't you be asking yourself? Wait a minute? How am I generating all this? Shouldn't you be marveling at the design? Check out the texture, the colors, how everything is just working and happening without hiccup or glitch smoothly.

Ask yourself...why does it feel real? Why does it feel so immersive? I need you to realize....a game can only be perfect....if it feels normal....the fact it feels normal means nothing ever malfunctions, it is able to be explained and yet still elusive enough to contradict itself. Again...no human could ever make a game this immersive EVER. It fits too perfectly.

If you can actually recontextualize in this way....video games will become boring....you will be more interested in life itself. You can stare at bed sheets for hours, hug a damn pillow, be in awe of a spoon. You are literally generating all of this right now!! How are you doing it? Investigate it!!! 

How are you tricking yourself into thinking there are OTHERS. I mean literally, right now.....you are tricking yourself into thinking you are not me. Yet you are me!! Right now. This isn't make believe, you are literally me...talking to yourself....lol why is this working?

Why is it you can know you are doing it....yet it  feels real? Why is it so hard to STAY AWAKE and you keep falling for your damn tricks and everything feels real? Video games and movies CANNOT DO THIS.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Unfortunately there's no shortcut for that since this very thing is basically the whole reason for spirituality and self-development. 

Good news is you don't need to meditate in a cave for 10 years to achieve that. If you're serious about it and you do the practises, you'll fall in love with Life more and more.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

But I wonder how is it possible to do this ?

It's not possible to do anything. This is already all there is - there is no "you" separate from this which can affect it.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

There's your problem (so to speak)

Apparently.

Alan Watts. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.