TheSelf

The truth about the past

74 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Mystical Man said:

If I cut your body, it will take time for the wound to heal, and if the cut is deep enough, it might leave a scar for the rest of your life. The same thing goes for your psyche. If you have sex with a pig in front of a live global audience (like Michael Callow in Black Mirror) that event might haunt you until you die. 

Physiological, psychological, and emotional imprints are very real. 

think about this detail. if you have sex with a pig in front of an audience, and the rest of humanity does the same too. would the trauma be the same?

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

think about this detail. if you have sex with a pig in front of an audience, and the rest of humanity does the same too. would the trauma be the same?

No, but that's hypothetical. The reality is that the rest of humanity doesn't do the same, and they will never look at you the same way again. And that's the reality that you have to live in for the rest of your life because of that past event. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

1 minute ago, The Mystical Man said:

No, but that's hypothetical. The reality is that the rest of humanity doesn't do the same, and they will never look at you the same way again.

What I am trying to say is that the pain is not in the past but in the present. it is all vanity. there is real trauma, but it stings a thousand times less than shame

trauma exists. If you have spent 3 years in the trenches seeing death and surrounded by terror and torture, there will be trauma, but you will get over it. time blurs it. a humiliation never blurs. It's not trauma, it's a vain ego crying because it's not as pretty as it would like. hysterical models comparing each other. this is all the pain. empty vanity

10 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Tyler Durden pretend Earth is a vr game when you wear vr headset you are inside of the game but you are also outside the game. Outside space and time just your awareness is inside the game. How would you take off the headset and what would be outside of it. Nothing

If you could embody the VR logic fully...wow...just wow...I was thinking of that the other day I wonder how effective it would be?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Finite and Infinite are identical.  It doesn't happen in separate places that's the mindfuck.

@Inliytened1 Perhaps separation isn't the correct word. But there is something going on. If infinite mind was right here where I am this body would disintegrate. I feel these topics are far more complex than we are able to comprehend from our human state of awareness. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Inliytened1 Perhaps separation isn't the correct word. But there is something going on. If infinite mind was right here where I am this body would disintegrate. I feel these topics are far more complex than we are able to comprehend from our human state of awareness. 

Its why you got to experience...the truth can not be spoken...only pointed too. Meditateeeeeeeeee, contemplateeeeeeee, think about it constantly........listen to topics of spirituality that focus on what you are trying to understand, over and over and over. Take a psychedelic or do some yoga. Over and over and over...then... BOOMMM it will just HAPPEN. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

When you say that about the average Joe, I get the hint that you think I speak here to feel special, or some ego thing. are you really that blind? but yes... I'd say you're pretty blind. living in the mind, without intuition. wake up friend, you're in rem sleep. Forget all those dogmas that you use to preach here. Open yourself to the living, vibrant, actual reality

It was a compliment.  Trust me you don't wanna be the average Joe.  He's lost.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

But I guess he is, since he hasn't catched your flattery, much less because he doesn't understand your preaches or the other way around.

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It was a compliment.  Trust me you don't wanna be the average Joe.  He's lost.

You need to reboot that system, man, you need a refresh. a hit of 5 meo would do wonders with you, believe me

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You need to reboot that system, man, you need a refresh. a hit of 5 meo would do wonders with you, believe me

Lol.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Damn... be soo right.

I should lower my ego level rather than increase it. So socialization does not positively influence spiritual practice:(

Edited by tedens

In the realm of time and space, your past is real; it's your karma, and that karma won't simply disappear because you stop thinking it into the present. If you want to be liberated from your past, then you have to live out the consequences of your past. In a sense, your past and your present are the same: if you want to enjoy the purity of the present moment, you need to burn through the impurity of the past.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 9/6/2022 at 0:08 PM, m0hsen said:

Something I'm still a bit struggling to understand which is not really simple I know..

Is the past real or I am literally like fucking literally imagining every single moments that I "believe" to  have experienced in the past?

Please don't simply respond like "the past is imaginary" cause you never act based on this in your day to day life...

No mental gymnastics here, I'm trying to know the truth about this subject.

I'll give a little different of an answer.  All there is is a mysterious Existingness, which never came from somewhere, has always been.  This Existingness is literally this conversation.  It appears to be able to understand concepts of past, present, future, and now.... right?

If you don't understand, then it appears to also be able to not understand, but it also Knows this as well...right?

But again, your still probably wondering if past is real and leads linearly in a connected fashion, like cause and effect to a future, and yes it appears that way, but it also doesn't appear this way as well, but again all of this is Existingness/God.