Leo Palhano

Billionaires buying luxury bunkers and hiring small armies

8 posts in this topic

How do you hire someone for the apocalypse? xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How do you hire someone for the apocalypse? xD

I'd imagine it's very easy. Think of all the single men without families that get hired as mercenaries. They just have to do a job and one of the perks is getting a guaranteed spot in the bunker.

I find the whole concept of doomsday shelter fucking stupid though, you survive the event and then what? You aren't going to have enough supplies to live out the rest of your entire life. It will probably be boring and depressing being trapped underground. You'll probably go mentally insane, and then you'll starve to death and cannibalize the people with you.

All that money and effort just to squeeze out a couple extra measly years and give the proverbial middle finger to the people that didn't have a bunker? Those shelters and the people that own them are one of the prime examples of low consciousness selfishness that Leo has probably pointed out in a video sometime.

If the end of the world comes take me out! I am want to stare at the blast with a smile.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

If there is an apocalypse, they'll survive... for a time, they'll just die slower than the rest of us.  Which, in it's own right is also a well deserved fate for people like this.  Slow death.  With rotting corpses and meat everywhere.  Even in places you wouldn't expect like in the washer or on a few rooftops.

But then when resources start dwindling, the tiny armies won't be able to keep going and they'll fight amongst themselves or maybe even off the billionaires for access to the luxury bunkers.  Then more corpses and meat.

What a dream... I mean... what a terrible, terrible tragedy. :)

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

I'd imagine it's very easy. Think of all the single men without families that get hired as mercenaries. They just have to do a job and one of the perks is getting a guaranteed spot in the bunker.

Where you gonna buy shit?

@Roy

I get it, you hire people and pay them by letting them stay in the bunker. I was thinking "hire" implies money payment.

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 9/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, Roy said:

If the end of the world comes take me out! I am want to stare at the blast with a smile.

I'm with you, or should I say, am you (;

On 9/5/2022 at 3:53 PM, Loba said:

But then when resources start dwindling, the tiny armies won't be able to keep going and they'll fight amongst themselves or maybe even off the billionaires for access to the luxury bunkers.  Then more corpses and meat.

Yeah, I can also imagine that once shit hits the fan, stage red mercs could just use their raw strength and weapon expertise to become "king of the bunker", the life of billionaire's families be damned

On 9/5/2022 at 2:58 PM, Carl-Richard said:

@Roy

I get it, you hire people and pay them by letting them stay in the bunker. I was thinking "hire" implies money payment.

It's an interesting point right, if you consider employment as someone pressured to do something to get rewarded with sustenance then you would expect employment to be even more widespread and totalitarian in an apocalyptic world with fewer resources! 

Reminds me of the walking dead where Negan took control of society and held all the attractive women in a literal vault. His lieutenants and other men that served him well were given occasional access to the women, one of the guys had his wife taken from him and was only able to see her on rare occasions after he submitted to Negan's wishes. 

Yeah, I think the apocalypse would be the death of any freedoms we've gained recently lol. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3