Javfly33

In the age we live in, is it possible to maintain a high state of consciousness ?

86 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

No I'm not thinking of you as a robot.

There are other forms of interaction than socializing. I would barely even classify socializing as interaction. Some interactions are the height of ego, others are the height of god, and then there is everything in between.

If everything is socialization to you, then you might want to start making some critical distinctions. Instead of reducing it all to the lowest common denominator. Everything is not equal.

I wasn't trying to reduce it to a common denominator. You simply cannot take out the interactive part of it. In fact it's a component of it. 

You're still engaged in this component. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

19 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

But I can't lie to myself, I still find hard to maintain a high state of consciousness once I'm done with the practice. 

Of course the fact that we can enter high states of consciousness just by our own, just clearing a lot of our diet, lifestyles and work-balance, its already quite good news. But I want the cake all day, not just 10 minutes a day.

What can we do? How much awakeness can you hold in modern societies? 

At one point, you need to let go of that. You can't spend most of your day being bummed out about it, because then it will never happen. 

And stop blaming modern society. Your opportunity to become highly conscious is 100x greater than 100 years ago.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Modern society is an amazing achievement: many survival issues are taken care of, life is relatively easy; awakening should be easier, too. These days there is no need to go into a cave. Your modern home can be your cave. And the social aspect is good, too, because you need people to push your buttons. Adyashanti said that it's a good thing if you don't have the luxury of avoiding the social aspect of life, because people will enlighten the darkest recesses of your unconscious.

Id say, being a contributing member to society, pursuing your life purpose and honoring your relationships makes it that much harder to live consciously, but its possible, and to me its an imperative.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

At one point, you need to let go of that. You can't spend most of your day being bummed out about it, because then it will never happen. 

And stop blaming modern society. Your ability to be highly conscious is 100x easier than 100 years ago.

But modern society can be very stressful and very distracting, do we at least agree on this? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

But modern society can be very stressful and very distracting, do we at least agree on this? 

Compared to 100 years ago, not at all. You were distracted by survival all the time: poverty, disease, famine, war, etc.

1 hour ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Yes, there is a time and place for stepping back from your responsibilities, because they can distract you from attending to your true nature. Fortunately, modern society offers retreats. You can also do solo retreats. But I like the idea of returning to society to contribute. I don't like the idea of disappearing forever. Dr. Hawkins called that a spiritual error, because human suffering is very real on its own level.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Compared to 100 years ago, not at all. You were distracted by survival all the time: poverty, disease, famine, war, etc.

These are occasional incidents. I'm talking about everyday distractions the moment you wake up in the mornings like emails, deadlines and phone calls. 

♡✸♡.

3 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Yes, there is a time and place for removing yourself from your responsibilities, because it can distract you from attending to your true nature. Fortunately, modern society offers retreats. You can also do solo retreats. But I like the idea of returning to society to contribute. I don't like the idea of disappearing forever. Dr. Hawkins called that a spiritual error.

Being a caveman is more like an escapist mentality. One thing it brings - peace of mind. You gotta decide the tradeoffs, not upto anyone. 

Personally I like the intellectual engagement of being around humans. But apart from that, there is not much I gain from anything at all, so maybe those yogis were always right. Peace of mind is the most important commodity, to lose it is worse than gaining anything else in return. 

♡✸♡.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

These are occasional incidents. I'm talking about everyday distractions the moment you wake up in the mornings like emails, deadlines and phone calls. 

Poverty is a constant distraction.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Poverty is a constant distraction.

You are acting as though people aren't poor these days. xDxD

Covid has got millions of people out of jobs. I don't know which world you're living in, but I see an awful lot of poverty because of the economic crises and there's just more to come. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Have the best of both worlds.  Isolation in modern society (improvement from old) while practicing kindness and love and conscious behaviour. Most conducive to awakening. 

???????

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

Have the best of both worlds.  Isolation in modern society (improvement from old) while practicing kindness and love and conscious behaviour. Most conducive to awakening. 

How Will you make money in isolation? Almost everything needs social media if you want money and career. 

♡✸♡.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You are acting as though people aren't poor these days. 

Covid has got millions of people out of jobs. I don't know which world you're living in, but I see an awful lot of poverty because of the economic crises and there's just more to come. 

https://worldpoverty.io/headline

There are actually more people escaping poverty, than people dropping into poverty every day. I would also argue that poverty makes it easier to live consciously (assuming this is your goal and you know whats up).

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

https://worldpoverty.io/map

There are actually more people dropping out of poverty, than people dropping into poverty every day. I would also argue that poverty makes it easier to live consciously (assuming this is your goal and you know whats up).

But there's poverty still. You're only showing a trend not a current state. Doesn't mean that people aren't poor. They are yet there might be a gradual decline, but they still are. 

This is like the argument on population. Saying that the world population is on the decline. But we still have a whopping  7 billion. xD

♡✸♡.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

How Will you make money in isolation? Almost everything needs social media if you want money and career. 

You can take up a career where you can afford to be more distant and not rely on a career where you have to sacrifice that.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

I dunno, I think this whole raising your consciousness, doing this, doing that, blah blah is old news.  Everyone keeps adding these rules they need to follow for themselves to maintain a high state of consciousness.  Be around people, or don't be around people.  Personally, as a super introvert, I can tell you that it isn't fun not being around others, but like Leo pointed out to another person here, I am inept to the max so it is what it is, but I find that your body feels better, your emotional state is more regulated, you have an easier time maintaining a sense of reality and of sanity if you have people around you and you socialize to some degree.  We are pack animals for a reason, you know?  We aren't meant to go off into the wild all alone without anyone else.  I think a nice balance is where it's at.  I wish I knew how to socialize a little more because when I have it, it's nice and when I don't, it sucks.  Everything in moderation.  I once spent seven years in near complete isolation, just going out to get groceries once a week and to spend time with family once a week and that's it, and it literally drove me batshit crazy, by the tail end of that seven years was up, I was crying nearly every day, I didn't take care of myself and I just wanted to die, I was paranoid from not having other people to mirror a sense of cohesive reality - humans are not built to avoid their own kind.  We need each other.  Just my 2c.  Now I live with family and I have had no psychotic delusions, I feel more integrated with the rest of the world, I'm not scared for my life nearly every day.  That's another thing, when you are on your own and you have no one, your mind knows that it can't completely survive without a group and so your body lowkey produces cortisol 24/7.  It takes a special kind of person to be able to isolate themselves from the world and come out unscathed.  Most humans need a group.  I am for the camp that in this world, you need a little bit of it, at least, to be a happy person.  Maybe not immersing yourself in it everyday, but throwing society out the window is a bad idea.

Edited by Loba

27 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

But there's poverty still. You're only showing a trend not a current state. Doesn't mean that people aren't poor. They are yet there might be a gradual decline, but they still are. 

This is like the argument on population. Saying that the world population is on the decline. But we still have a whopping  7 billion. xD

Im not trying to argue poverty away, and, just like you, Im also naturally inclined to focus on the issues that still exist (or are yet to come), but it doesnt hurt to look at the bright side sometimes.

Edited by Nilsi

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

Im not trying to argue poverty away, and, just like you, Im also naturally inclined to focus on the issues that still exist (or are yet to come), but it doesnt hurt to look at the bright side sometimes.

The bright side would be to not look at socializing as an absolute bad thing necessarily and this is coming from an introvert like me. I lived in isolation for years since my childhood and majority of my teenage years to the point I was barely able to talk to anyone. 

I gained a few more brain cells through socializing. I give it some credit for helping me with situations. 

Although I'm not supportive of heavy socializing, it can be distracting from true growth and sometimes you run the risk of meeting some really awful people who could literally turn your whole world upside down. Besides that the time and energy spent in socializing is extensive and can turn into a massive cope or addiction. 

♡✸♡.

@Leo Gura Socializing does not make you dumber. It literally makes you sharper and more able to think under pressure making your baseline thinking more fluid from getting your ideas out. That’s why in arguments you tend to not make sense while quickly leaving them and why your general points make less and less sense being in an echo chamber. Also your followers are the same and complain about being incels because of your influence discouraging socializing and making the community more close minded. You’re against anything that isn’t specifically your way of following spirituality, literally all other spiritual ideas and anything outside of spirituality you hate on. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

The bright side would be to not look at socializing as an absolute bad thing necessarily and this is coming from an introvert like me. I lived in isolation for years since my childhood and majority of my teenage years to the point I was barely able to talk to anyone. 

I gained a few more brain cells through socializing. I give it some credit for helping me with situations. 

Although I'm not supportive of heavy socializing, it can be distracting from true growth and sometimes you run the risk of meeting some really awful people who could literally turn your whole world upside down. Besides that the time and energy spent in socializing is extensive and can turn into a massive cope or addiction. 

I agree and I have never argued against that lol. Im all for socializing.

Edited by Nilsi