Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Monk

The Boy Who Changed.

20 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

My names Aamir a high school student today I went to go and get a haircut. But this wasn't my usually haircut. Usually I would get my hair styled to look cool and as attractive as I could.

But, after doing actualisation work for a year now, I decided fuck that. I cut off almost all my hair, and told the hairstylist to ruin my style and just give me an average haircut with short hair, with nothing special.

Tomorrow when I got to school I no doubt will get laughed at, as I have never cut my hair this short and not had it styled. But, I thought to myself as I'm growing I want this haircut to symbolise averageness, but also change. As I want other students to realise (who also mainly  have western celebrity based/ styles) to know it's not what you look like that counts, that determines the quality of your life. Instead, it's how you spend your time which will allow you to have a fulfilling amazing life and amazing grades.

What do you guys think of this? B| 

Thanks for your suggestions/ tips!

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

I think that if having a personal style isn't relevant to your higher consciousness goals right now then it would be a good idea to not put much effort into being stylish. But is it a distraction from your goals to deliberately try and come across as someone who isn't interested in being stylish anymore?  Only you can know the answer to that, but my intuition tells me that there's probably something more important for you to be putting your attention on right now.

@Martin123 Yep, I did that and I based this off of it.  :D

@Aamir King Then pardon my curiosity but how is "Being the weird guy who is doing personal development whom everyone laughs at." not just another role?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 It's a authentic role. As, I wasn't intentionally trying to be laughed at, everyone at school has a low level of consciousness and therefore will laugh at me no doubt. And, as I no longer care about fashion, as it's a distraction from what's important I want to do something meaningful that will make me fulfilled that will not only help me get over my fears, but also inspire others. 

@Aamir King You seem to be doing this out of insecurity. If this is your way of overcoming it, so be it, it can certainly work.
Know this though. There is no such thing as an authentic role. Role is a role. Role is putting life into a box. Role is catching water with a net.

@Martin123 So what do you think I should do? 

@Aamir King regardless of the role dropping, what you did was still fascinating. I remember in high school, your looks were everything. I remember crying once because the barber messed up my haircut, my appearance was a big part of my self esteem and it showed how deeply ingrained it was in my ego. If you care about your appearance or cared about it and went and messed your haircut up on purpose, to me is a good sign. Going against the grain, can show growth.

@Aamir King Oh nothing it certainly seems like a step on your evolutionary process. I only pointed out a certain aspect you might not have been aware of,which should benefit you in terms of "getting there faster" (if you have a there :-) ).

@Aamir King Happiness, contentment, fulfillment, awakening, end of your path, start of your journey?
Confidence, love, acceptance, one-ness, joy?
Or nowhere, because every there is extraordinary and infinite, with another infinity beyond.

@Martin123 @Sukhpaal lol, I was expecting to get laughed at today at school.  But, the results backfired I started getting more compliments? :D I wasn't hoping or wanting that effect. 

@Martin123 Just wanted to tell you of this funny experience I had today xD What do you think of this man?

15 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

@Martin123 Summoning Jutsu! :P

Yes! Summoning Jutsu 4 cheekbones of knowledge!

You are obviously trying to have the role of "look at me, I am non-conformist, I am special".
I am not going to say what to do specifically for this, but generally for these attachments.

Whenever you form an attachment (such as this one), there is some sort of emotional pain you are escaping. Some trauma, some facet of your being that you haven't faced fully yet. 
You might not be ready to face some aspects of yourself, but that is not something you can influence... at least not easily.

What you wanna do is basic emotional labour. Release some emotional pain, do some crying, have a few panic attacks, scream a bit into a pillow. Release the emotions that are behind this phenomenon.
You can look at it from belief-stand point. There is an underlying belief causing you to behave in such manner.
Might be
I am not good enough.
I am worthless
I am a potato and potatoes grow only on trees that are special.

You can examine this belief, by doing some questioning.
The problem is, that "beliefs" are hard wired in your nervous system.
That is where emotional labour kicks in. Releasing a negative belief is painful. As you release more and more trauma, you gain more clarity, and you stop behaving in such an idiotic non-conformist manner. 

Emotional release is a chapter within of itself, but it is the one and most important ground-work you've got to do in terms of self-actualization or enlightenment work.

Techniques I like
Pranic or abdominal breathing
Mindfulness
Elliot Hulse has some great techniques how to work with your body to release trauma, check that out.
And do more research, Im getting a great book about this shit, its supposed to arrive on Thursday.

The Yellow Flash of the Leaf is out.

@Martin123 Thanks man I'm already working on this though. 

@Aamir King don't try to do too much at once. What you're doing is amazing as well because the odds of a high school kid wanting to self actualize is a surprise. Just remember its a marathon not a sprint so don't do too much at once or your homeostasis might push you back.