P Michael

Why do Americans care about the n word so much?

36 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, DrugsBunny said:

I take it you'll be voting for Mr. Trump again this coming election; thank you sir for being a proud patriot, your country loves you.

If I get warning points for saying the n word he should also get some for calling me an American. 

In the US all the ethnic-racial conflict was focused around one group and was pretty much the only big thing in regards to that. Now when you have that kind of a big and single thing spread over such a vast population and land then you can imagine how focal it can become.

Whereas in Europe for example, the US slurs carry little weight, the problem there had more of an ethnic tone, having tons of ethnicities that had tons of issues with each other for millennia or more. So the focal slurs are more of an ethnic nature and given the sheer amount of ethnicities, It is sure way more local and more contained. Therefore gaining less attraction, compared to what is happening in the US.

Where I live, we are just 2 million people and there are about 4 big slurs floating around about most of our neighbors (which also have their minorities in our territories and we have ours in theirs). For some of them, even the target group is using the "slurs" themselves, but it's wrong when someone from another ethnicity uses it on them for whatever reason. Things can get pretty knotted up.

Edited by Yog

On 9/7/2022 at 11:41 PM, P Michael said:

Also using soundbites for the words that you can't say would be funny to me. 

Good use of paradox!!! I am glad I don't use the word so I can't be included in this form of hypocrisy but this is why I have said in the past that hypocrisy, and paradox are comedy. Its Reality's way of letting us know how silly we are. 

Yes if the word is bad nobody should use it, and allowing a group to use it because they are the victims can give unique work arounds....like this one which proves how silly it is. We are literally viewing how silly this is, with that said....I dare you to use it around black people. I won't care...but I cannot speak for other blacks on that one lol.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I dare you to use it around black people. I won't care...but I cannot speak for other blacks on that one lol.

If I ever get a black friend I'll try.

It's just too cool. 

But y'all should be careful with reacting to racists in countries where stand your ground applies. 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, P Michael said:

If I ever get a black friend I'll try.

It's just too cool. 

But y'all should be careful with reacting to racists in countries where stand your ground applies. 

That would go both ways. Also if you end up "standing your ground" in regards to the use of a racial slur expect for that event to generate news coverage, possible death threats, and impacting your family and friends all because you want to use a term.

Who knows maybe you will become the next George Zimmerman. 

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

34 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

That would go both ways. Also if you end up "standing your ground" in regards to the use of a racial slur expect for that event to generate news coverage, possible death threats, and impacting your family and friends all because you want to use a term.

Who knows maybe you will become the next George Zimmerman. 

Do you really think I would do this? 

I saw this today and I wanted to ask you if this is really that important or is it just tik tok moms forcing kids to fake reactions for clicks. 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:35 PM, P Michael said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

What I'm curious about is why does that insult have so much more impact than the other ones. 

While at the same time being cool to use if your skin is darker. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUd9-92EEuw

48 minutes ago, Tron said:

bro you're a fuckin fool and would most likely get your ass beat in the states carrying yourself like that. 

It would be pure entertainment to see your goofy ass try to talk like that in the hood lil boi. They'd beat you down and take everything you got 

Who are you arguing with? 

Because it’s a slur with a violent history attached that still effects black people living in America. Just because black people have reclaimed it doesn’t mean you should be able to say it with no consequence.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:09 AM, Tyler Robinson said:

Offending a black person using offensive words is re-triggering their buried historical trauma. 

Well said

On 9/15/2022 at 3:02 AM, P Michael said:

Who are you arguing with? 

the way you talk with disregard for that word, I would love to see you act cocky and say that in the hood is all im saying 

2 hours ago, Tron said:

the way you talk with disregard for that word, I would love to see you act cocky and say that in the hood is all im saying 

You are in a bubble. 

People outside of America don't care about it. 

On 9/20/2022 at 11:44 PM, P Michael said:

You are in a bubble. 

People outside of America don't care about it. 

okay. Ill dm you a location and you can show up and tell all those dudes they live in a bubble and you dont care about the ramifications of that word. Let me know how that goes for you.

lmk if you want the location fr and ill dm you 

Maybe a need for freedom and a need for significance clashing

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

For historical reasons. Slavery. I don't see how they couldn't, it's a word used by a group of people, that heavily oppressed another group of people, based on their origin and skin color.

It's not a term used neither in Africa or Europe currently.

Should people against censorship censor critical race theory?  Open question.

Also. Black people can use those slurs in a friendly way if they want to, but white people generally speaking should not. I won't provide you with a mathematical formula to understand that. Give a fucking one-minute thought to it.