Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyingguitarist

How to be great at execution and maintain discipline?

6 posts in this topic

I have lots of ideas in my head ,many resources of great ideas but my main problem is with execution phase , i seem to get distracted , overthink or jump onto other curious stuff,stuck in the absent minded thinking mode or consuming mode, in the end not able to execute properly and leave things half-assed /unfinished 

If anyone has dealt with this  , how did you handle it ? I really want to break this loop ,it's not good in the long-term

If there is a will, there is a way, as you may have heard before. If you want to create something, you might need to first visit a store of some sort. That is one example. If your will is scattered around many ideas, you will end up doing many random things.

If you take all your ideas and try to put them or as many of them in one pot. What would the final idea look like? Music/art/acting/ideas/writing may be combined into a movie or a playscript for example. Music/writing could be songwriting. Etc etc. there needs to be A vision of the will. And not many visions at once, inorder to stay on track in a certain direction.

If you have many ideas that distract you, write them down to get them out of the way. If one idea poke for your attention amongst many others, then explore the most prevalent and persistant of them all. And just write down other random ideas as they come, so you can put them aside from your main idea for the time being.

We all have weaknesses. Whether it's cravings for alcohol, cigarettes, unhealthy food, a social media obsession, or the video game Fortnite (what the hell is this game, by the way?!), it works. The same for us. Weaknesses don't only appear in areas where we lack self-control. We all have strong suits and things that make us uncomfortable. For example, I don't mind difficult conversations, the long paperwork involved in searching through old documents I didn't save in the first place, staying calm when someone shoots me, or calling automated phone systems. So I have actively (or intentionally) avoided these activities. Now, I try to confront them directly or delegate them to someone else. (Never forget the art of micro-delegating!)

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

There is a trick called the 1 min rule.

Edited by hyruga

I'd read atomic habits, and implement that style of thought.

If you still don't get results, do depth psychotherapy and check for neurodivergence.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

DO:

Hold yourself to your own standards. Don't worry about other people's expectations of you. Do the work you love, work hard and play hard. Reward yourself for a job well done and get right back on the grind.

DO NOT:

Hold yourself to the standards of others. Allow others people's expectations to cloud your own vision. Do the work you feel you SHOULD do, work begrudgingly and feel guilty about taking breaks. Don't reward yourself (because you've never earned it, and constantly doubt your efforts.

Good luck.